Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[July RP] Pick your Poison (Eir x Syndra)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:08 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Please write 750 words per RPer telling me one of the following:

2. Tell a story about your soquili intentionally using this plant for good or nefarious purposes. Do they plan on growing more or getting rid of the plant?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:16 pm
Eir wasn't as young as she used to be, but that was okay. Her mind was still sharp, even if her body felt as if it were falling apart sometimes. While she wasn't completely blind anymore, her vision had slowly healed over the years while she wore the bandages, she still wore it a majority of the time. Her eyes would strain if she had it off for an extended period of time so she spent most of her days wearing it, especially if it was particularly bright out.

Syndra." The white and gold mare flicked her tail as she called out to one of her daughters that had accompanied her today.

Chimera wasn't too far away, the pronghorn twitching her tail as she munched on some grass. She was Eirs eyes when she had the blindfold on, never far from her side, she owed her so much.

Having her eyes damaged had heightened her senses and she was happy to be able to still know what was what when it came to her remedies and her gardens.

I want to show you a plant and tell you a little bit about it. She motioned for Syndra to come close to where she was. Today the blindfold she wore was sheer, so she could make out some of the shapes and colors, though she was relying on her sense of smell in this case.

SilverLutz

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:27 pm
Syndra wasn't one for plants or healing, but she did enjoy learning all that she could. Her mother was an expert on the subject and although she didn't have any intentions to follow in her hoof prints, so to speak, Syndra did listen attentively to anything her mother told her about plants and their healing properties. Not all of it stuck, but every now and then something would take root in her mind and she'd remember it for quite some time. Perhaps it would help her one day if she ever found herself alone and in need of a healing plant.

Hearing her name, she walked over to her mother's side, pressing up against her for a moment as she came along beside her. She bowed her head to look down at the plants they were standing in front of. To her, most of them looked the same when they didn't have any flowers. Now and then she'd be able to distinguish a certain plant from another based on the shape of the leaves or the thickness of the stem, or sometimes from the scent alone. Eir was good at picking up on subtle things using her nose and Syndra found sometimes that was the best way to tell a dangerous plant from a safe one.

"I'm all ears, Mother," she said fondly, letting her long, slim tail curl around the much fluffier one that the older mare sported. "Although I can't promise I'll remember it all. I'll do my best, though."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:37 pm
Eir smiled. She knew that her knowledge wasn't for everyone. She just hoped it would help her children if they stumbled upon it or needed something and found some nearby.

Close your eyes for a moment and smell. Her instructions were soft, more of a suggestion than a command. While some may have a very faint scent, these flowers in particular have almost no smell to them at all. Foxgloves are a beautiful flowering plant known for their tall spikes of tubular flowers, that is the best way to recognize them. Their lack of scent was one of the reasons she was able to tell what they were, that and having Chimera nearby if her eyes were particularly bad.

Did you know this plant is good for the heart? Though, if too much of it is ingested it can cause the heart to beat oddly or even kill you.

Chimera listened to Eir as she spoke and recalled the time that Eir had done just that, ingested a bit too much and was laid up for a few hours while her body slowly worked it through her system. That was one thing Eir was always known for, testing plants and their remedies upon herself before subjecting anyone else to them. Chimera still had nightmares about some of the plants the mare had ingested on her watch.

Did I ever tell you why I chose this profession in the herd? She couldn't remember if she had or not.

SilverLutz

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:46 pm
Syndra followed Eir's instructions, lowering her nose down to the flowers before them before closing her eyes. She took a deep, slow inhale and, just as Eir had said, noticed...nothing. She opened her eyes again to take another sniff, still finding that the flowers had no scent. It was fairly odd considering most of them did give off at least a bit of an odor.

"I did not know," she said, lifting her head again to be closer to her mother's. "How odd...something that is helpful is also harmful. But how much is too much?" She wasn't sure she liked the idea of having her heart beat oddly. When she ran too hard it would pound in her chest, but that wasn't odd, persay. It was just an indicator that she'd been working hard.

Syndra tilted her head a bit in thought at the question posed to her. Her whole life her mother had been a healer, so she'd thought it was just the way things were. Someone had taught her because she was interested and she'd taken over the job.

"No, I can't say you have," she said after a few more moment's thought. "Was there a reason other than you enjoy taking care of others?"

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:18 pm
Why had her calling been that of a Shaman? Only Oneiroi knew for sure. It had just been something she had devoted her life to, ever since she was a filly.

She gave a small chuckle, not as an insult but as a life can be cruel as it could be kind. It is true, that something can helpful can be harmful, but can't the same thing be said of ourselves? Have you ever done something to be helpful to one of your siblings perhaps and it turned out quite the opposite? Sometimes the best intentions can have horrible consequences. It was something only time and living could teach someone.

It's true that I've always wanted to take care of others, though I felt, from a very young age, that this was the path Oneiroi wanted for me. I've always been draw to plants and the qualities they've possessed. While much of them I learned from others, some I had to learn by my own hoof. Chimera can attest to that, can't you. She said with a soft smile towards the dark pronghorn with the shadowy features.

Chimera gave a small nod. It's true. I have watched over your mother on a number of occasions when testing of her remedies didn't quite go as planned. Some of it was also unknown and that is the only way to learn as she wasn't about to subject a stranger to some unknown fate. Better her own life be taken in the process than someone elses. Isn't that what you always tell me? Chimera said moving closer to her long time companion. It was true, Eir never harmed another creature in her tests, only herself. The only time she'd break that particular oath is if a Nightmare entered the lands. Shuddering she remembered when a winged nightmare found it's way into the lands and Eir fought it off to protect her and was blinded in the process.

Eir nodded, Yes, I do say that quite frequently.. She was a healer, though in another life she could have quite the Champion. Have you decided if you should stay here or move on? She had always wondered the path her children would choose. Her father was one from outside their lands, he was but a 'dream'. She had been lost to the dreamland during one of her tests and had met their father during that time, having had her children after she had returned she had taken them to be a gift from the Gods, though she knew she could not make them stay if they did not wish to stay, after she had told them how they came to be. Many had left and had returned to them.

SilverLutz
Next post will likely be my last, I've hit 750, not sure about you XD let me count

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:30 pm
Syndra couldn't help but give a little snort of amusement as her mother conjured up memories of herself and her siblings when they were younger. She could count a number of times that she'd been 'helping' one of them when things has suddenly gone awry, either on purpose or on accident. She'd grown out a bit of her mischievousness as she'd aged and while a bit of that filly was still there, she had found herself adopting more of her mother's grace and serenity in her day to day life.

As Eir and Chimera mentioned that the mare had tested her own concoctions on herself, however, the mirth left her face. Her ears pinned back in disapproval and she tossed her head a bit in irritation, wings fluttering against her back in agitation.

"This had better have been a long time ago, Mother," she scolded, eyes narrowed in disapproval. In all the ways Syndra was like Eir, there was still that fire and intensity within her that burned bright when she wasn't happy. "Knowledge is important but not at the cost of your life." Or anyone's life, really. She had to admit that if she was in her mother's place she probably would have tested things on herself as well, but still! She could only hope that these were things she had done in her youth before Syndra had been around. Then at least she'd feel better knowing that she couldn't have done anything to help.

The change in subject made her shake her head again, her tail lashing back and forth as she was still a bit agitated by the thought of her mother lying ill somewhere, even with Chimera there to help. "Not yet," she said, turning to give Eir a pointed stare. "Especially if you're still messing around with dangerous plants. I'm not about to leave you only to hear you've gone and done something irreversible."

AstoriaFallen
I'll do one more after yours then too X3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:42 pm
She could hear her daughters tone when it came to hearing about how she figured out what's helpful or hurtful, and what it can do exactly.

I promise, I haven't done such a thing in a long while now. Most of the knowledge I have, is good enough to treat just about anything except for death itself. She gave a small smile towards her daughter. I truly was an ambitious youth.

Giving a nod she could definitely understand her daughters hesitation to leave if she was still testing plants. I can assure you that you have nothing to worry about.

Motioning for her to follow, she wanted to show her some other plants that could be useful for other things.

Chimera followed along after Eir and knew Syndra would likely be right behind them.

SilverLutz

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:47 pm
Eir's words settled Syndra's nerves, though she held the disapproving look for a beat longer before snorting and giving her whole body a shake. Good. That did make her feel a bit better knowing that it was all behind her and had been before Syndra had entered the world.

"Not too ambitious, thankfully," she said with a little huff as she moved to follow her mother and her companion. "Otherwise I wouldn't be here." She moved into a little trot to catch up, slowing once she was beside her mother to listen and learn a bit more. She'd never be a plant enthusiast like her, nor a healer, but she would drink in the knowledge being given to her in the hopes that some day it might come in handy.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games