Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[SRP] Remembering.... [completed]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:20 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Solo rp involving Lucy.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:07 am
They stopped for the night, having travelled for much of the day though the plains. Leopold and Lluvia were talking quietly near the stream as Lucy searched looked around. Lucy sighed, as nothing struck her interest. Eventually she paused under a large oak tree, deciding that this would be a suitable place to rest under. She was uncertain if Lluvia or Leopold would join her but for now she welcomed the solitude.

Siting under this oak tree, made her feel nostalgic. She could recall a time when her father regaled both her and her brother with all sorts of stories. Fairy tales, he called them. They were fanciful stories, vibrant with description, and filled with mystical beings. Lucy enjoyed them when she was quite a young filly, believing that what her father described was real. As she grew older, and more questioning, however, she began to realize that although her father believed in these tales he recounted to her and her brother, Lucy started to wonder on the validity of such tales. She realized that her father's tales, while captivating, were probably just the products of his vivid imagination.

Was magic truly real in the Kawani Lands? This was something she often wondered about, growing up. Lucy was always a practical soquili, enjoying research and having opportunities to study plants, insects, and animals. She liked the pleasures of observing and making inferences about living things, it was a passion of hers. So much so, that she left home quite young. Eventually she met Lluvia and later, Leopold, her partners in crime. Although Lluvia and Leopold did not enjoy research as she did, they were supportive of Lucy's work.

In her thirst for knowledge, Lucy had travelled tremendously, such much that it was ages since she last came home to see her family. It was time to see them again.

Lucy continued to reflect under the oak tree, lost deep in thought that she didn't notice Lluvia hovering over her until the other mare neighed at her. "Lluvia..." She murmured.

"Are you all right?", Lluvia questioned, a deep crease between her eyebrows.

"I....was thinking about a story my father told me once." She paused before continuing, "would you like to hear it?"

Lluvia nodded slowly before settling down beside her. Her presence warm and comforting against Lucy's flank.

"In the Kawani Lands there is a mystical realm. The name is not important. This place is filled with enchantment and wonder and the inhabitants that are said to live in this realm have a unique talent - the ability to change their size at will. These inhabitants are known as fairies, for they are said to have wings much like those seen on our butterflies and other insects. Each one of these beings has a unique pattern on their wings, no two are alike.

In the heart of this enchanted realm, it is said that there is a mix of vibrant foliage, from massive trees to small flowers, colourful and with a plethora of variations in their petals. The fairies were curious, yet also shy. With a simple thought, they could shrink down to the size of a dewdrop and traverse the intricate world of moss and lichen that lined the forest floor of this realm. And with a flick of their head, they could grow as tall as you or I.

The soquili of our lands are said to have yearned for this power and searched for it, their desire so strong. In their thirst for knowledge and power, they destroyed the mystical realm, capturing the fairies. The colours faded from the flowers and the trees lost their many leaves. As the leaves fell, they withered continuously. By the time the leaves hit the floor, there was little left of them. It is said that the fairies, with their last bit of power, escaped from their captors. Never being seen, again." Lucky concluded.

"An interesting ending," Lluvia murmured.

"When I was a filly my father regaled me and my brother with stories, much like this one. I believe the message of this story is to take care of our land and its inhabitants but this story, like other ones my father told me, were filled with magic and unique gifts. He always seemed to believe in these stories, believing that these fairies were actually real. I couldn't fathom that my father truly believed in these stories that I pushed him away." Lucy sighed.

"Hmmmm", was Lluvia's only reply.

"But those creatures we observed, the flutters, they immediately made me think of my father's story. I've never seen such a creature. I never thought it possible that a being, that looked so similar to us, but with butterfly wings could actually exist. And....the fact that the family we spoke with actually shrunk in size to sit among the fruit in the tree. I can't believe it. It makes me think, could my father's other stories be real as well?" Lucy rambled on and on, her voice growing louder and louder with each passing breath.

"Lucy." It was only her name that was spoken by Lluvia but it was enough for Lucy to stop and take a few deep breaths, a strategy Lluvia taught her when she was feeling overwhelmed. The deep breaths was a way to calm herself.

"It's why I wanted to go home, to see him. But.....what if he doesn't want to see me?" Lucy fretted.

"I don't know what we will find when we'll arrive at your home. However, Leopold and I will always support you, Lucy, whatever my happen." Lluvia placed her nose close to Lucy's, nudging her. "We have a big day tomorrow, let's try to settle down, ok?" Lluvia's voice was soft and comforting.

Lucy slowly nodded. "I...yes, you're right."

Tomorrow she would soon know, for now it was time for sleep.  

Rita Zyon

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff