Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] What is this feeling? (Kaimana x Imogen)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Something about her quieted all the noise in his head. It was amazing really. How long had these voices been so ungodly loud and then one day when he stumbled into the swamp he had seen her. That's not entirely true. He hadn't seen her not until he had drawn closer, but he had seen her lights in the darkness. She guided him through the swamps, believing him to be lost the first time. The swamps were pretty puzzling to him anyway so when he returned he made excuses that he was still pretty lost in this place and really he kind of was. Kaimana had also noticed during their first meeting that loud noise in his head was drastically quieter next to her. Something about Imogen made all the turmoil in him hush. He hated parting from her but he didn't want to monopolize her time.

When he had returned the second time to wander the swamp and bumped into her again, he had been hoping for it really, the voices quieted again. This second time though there had been butterflies in his stomach to accompany him. Never had that happened but he wrote it off. They barely new one another but it seemed they did enjoy the short moments together. They were friendly at least. He visited two more times, each time growing longer and longer.

This was the fifth time coming to the swamp and he wondered if she might realize that he wasn't really lost anymore. That he just wanted to be in her company. Those butterflies continued to get stronger and the noise was less and less until it was even silent.

"How has the guiding going?" He asked her, walking close to her but not too close. The squelching of the muddy grass and the nighttime noises quieter tonight than the other nights.

WC: 311

Viatorai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. So many souls had passed through the swamp. Into her life, right back out. Thought she'd had the joy of their company from the start to the other side of the swamp, that was all the time she usually had. Because of it, she'd found it hard to make and keep any relationships- Those who wanted to pass through the swamp, her herd's homeland- wanted to go quickly. It's not like she could really blame them, those who didn't live in the swamp couldn't fully appreciate it if all they would see was the trail she would take them.

Of course, there were exceptions.

One of which being a stallion that just couldn't stop being lost.

It was funny, really, and she couldn't help but laugh lightly the second time she'd seen him. That someone would have gotten lost once was fine, but a second time? Well, it wasn't hurting anything and she found herself enjoying the second trip with the same stallion through the swamp. It was...different. In a good way.

The fourth time, however, she was sure that he didn't need her help anymore. But, then again, what if he did? There was no way she could judge, some people just didn't have a sense of direction. Besides, she was finding it nice to be around him.

He was also the only one she'd been able to tell her name to.

"Guiding~" Imogen hummed in response, having taken to using her tail to hold the guiding lantern than her mouth so that she could hum and talk to him if he was okay with it. "I wouldn't have been your guide tonight, you know. It was supposed to be someone else." But she had a feeling. It was a...feeling. But a feeling nonetheless. That he would have been coming along.

The sun was setting this time, however, and usually her route was midday. It was now a sky of purples and blues and oranges dimming as they walked, approached the deeper and darker parts of the swamp. Soon they would lose sight of the watercolor sky and be surrounded by near pitch black. Not a problem. She had the lamp. He had her. They'd be fine as they had been at least four times before.

Should she?

Why not? He was handsome, easy to be around, and made her happy to end the guiding day for once.

"An bhfuil tú go maith? Mar tá tú ag féachaint go maith." She near-mumbled, hoping that maybe the language was unfamiliar to him so as she could get away with the, admittedly, horrible pick-up line.

[434]
DavyJnah

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:40 pm
viatorai

The male dipped his head a little when she said that she wouldn't have been his guide this night but had luckily managed to nab the slot anyway. He hadn't even thought about the fact that there might have been others helping guide other soq's through this area not just her. "I'm glad at least that you're here and not someone else." His words were a little quiet, but they were walking relatively close to one another and it was just loud enough she could hear without needing to strain her ears. Those blue eyes glanced over to her and one could swear in the glow of the lantern that he was blushing a little.

He didn't really understand what she was saying in that other language, but whatever it was, it at least sounded pretty. "I don't really know what you said, but the language sounds pretty." He responded. Kaimana was actually slightly dancing on his feet, feeling slightly awkward because there were so many butterflies in his stomach at that moment. "I, uh, I'm just glad that I'm walking with you Imogen." Why was he so awkward right now? Normally he was never like this. Why did she have such a weird effect on him? Not that it was bad. They had gotten to know each other a little. They knew each other's names, he knew about her herd, some little things about each other but really they were still strangers.

Right now, he didn't know what to say so he continued in silence for a little longer with her. Twilight now come and gone and there were now only darkness encompassing them. Then he blurted out, "You make the noise in my head quiet down into silence." How selfish he was to have said that, Kaimana thought to himself, even if it was true. That he wanted to be near her because of that. "I-I don't mean to sound selfish." He managed, "I j-just... no one has ever made me feel like this before and I'm not just trying to be lost all the time, but I enjoy our time together and I get these butterflies in my stomach when I'm around you too... and...." The male began to trail off.

WC: 378  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:48 am
DavyJnah

Fascinating.

In all honesty she would have expected to be rebuffed. Perhaps laughed at. Even if the words she uttered were in a language unknown to those outside of the swamp, her tone had definitely been flirtatious. And with the idea that everyone she met would pass through her life never to be seen again, the fact that he was still here- still here!- was an anomaly. A charming, awkward, somewhat curious anamoly.

That he was gad for her and not another of her herd? It was funny how such a thing never occured to her. She never thought she'd be sought after, considering how...well, no, she did get flirted with. Once. On accident. But this was different. It was after the third time he'd gotten lost and needed guidance that she decided he felt...safe. That she could allow herself to open up, tell him her name, ask for his and talk beyond what was the normal small talk. In the end, the little flitters in her heart had become the beating wings of butterflies, hadn't they?

Even now, as he spoke, the wings beat frantically against the cage of her chest. It was a new feeling, not unwanted, but new and strange. Of course she was attracted to him, but it was beyond surface level, wasn't it? They'd gotten to know each other a little, but it wasn't enough.

She wanted to know him. Truly know him. Forever be beside him and, as he said, help him with the noises in his head. If she could help him, then all the better.

As the familiar darkness wrapped around them as they took their first steps into the woodsy part of the swamp, Imogen had a choice to make. To he left was the path they had taken four times before. Out of the swamp to say their goodbyes, to perhaps hope to meet once more.

And, to the right...

"...Kaimana?" She began softly, gently, pausing in the path to turn and look at him with a ever so gentle smile. "Would you...Like to take a different path tonight?" Her question was hesitant and just as awkward. "The shadows are deep, but I...I promise to not lose you. But I think our butterflies would...Maybe like the change in scenery...?" And they could get to know each other better. So, so much better.

[392]  

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:43 am
viatorai

When Imogen had asked if he wanted to take the path to the right, the path that would take him further into the swamp, instead of taking him out of the swamp as they had four times before he gave a small nod and said, "I would like that very much Imogen. I would like to walk the path with you wherever it is and whenever you want. I want to be by your side." His heart pounding against his chest. How wonderful that she felt the same as him. That they had such a wonderful connection.

"I am so glad that I met you and that my life is forever changed thanks to you." He moved closer to her, his shoulder touching her should briefly, lovingly before he followed her lead onto where they were headed together.

{FIN}

Total WC: 827  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces