Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitors
  +1
View Results

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Finally getting around to RPing these two reunited after years apart.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:03 pm
Taking a stroll along the ocean's shoreline as the sun began to descend, Lady Mizuki sighed. True, she had a new family now and they were wonderful, but she missed her homeland and the family she had lost. She still held out hope that she wasn't the only one to survive the ground-leveler that struck their island. Every sunset she came out to hold a silent vigil, gazing out to sea. How long has it been..? She wondered.

Calmly wading through the surf, Lord Masaru was deep in thought. Ever since he'd come ashore in this new land, he'd had encounters both mesmerizing and miserable. He chose to see it as a learning experience, taking every opportunity he had to glean more information of the place he now called home. The island he'd come from was so far, far away, and he wasn't certain anything remained of it. Of those who dwelled there... their fate remained a mystery to him. His heart held hope that someone besides him survived.

Turning around to begin making her way back to her family, she stopped at a faint glimmering figure far off. Their main color was too indistinct to make out, though she could see what looked like bits of gold. Could it be..? Hesitantly, she started a slow trot toward them. "Hello..? Are you lost..?" She called out, wondering if her voice would be heard over the crashing of the waves. The figure looked faintly familiar, but she dared not assume anything and risk having her heart broken all over again.

His thoughts broken by the sound of someone's voice calling out, he cast around to find the source and stopped when his eyes fell on a dark figure. "Who is and yet is not lost these days?" He replied, getting out of reach of the waves and lengthening his stride as he moved closer to the other. As he neared them, his heart skipped a beat. I know those colors...

There's only one individual I know who would answer like that... "Please tell me you're not a ghost." She whispered, stopping and staring as the figure became more visible as he neared. "My heart cannot handle the sorrow of such torment." Her hooves sank into the wet sand as the waves started to land further up on the shoreline as the tide crept in. The waves pulled the sand and gravel from around her hooves, causing her to readjust her footing further out of reach of the waves.

"The heart is surprisingly strong, and yet so fragile." He responded, himself coming to a stop out of reach of the waves once he was near enough to see that it was indeed who he thought it was. "Hello, dear sister of mine. It has been far too long." His voice, soft and gentle, was full of emotion. The ocean, which had torn them apart and laid waste to their home, silently bore witness to their reunion.

"For countless seasons have I held vigil upon this shore, hoping one day to be reunited with my family. How I've missed you so, dearest brother..." Her voice broke as tears began to stream down her cheeks. Her body began to move on its own, quickly eating up the distance that remained between the two.

"It brings me such joy to see you again." He swiftly strode to met her halfway, and began to nuzzle her in an attempt to bring her comfort, and perhaps console himself as well. "I greatly wish to learn of what your life has been since that fateful day."

"Only if you tell me what it has been like for you. We've much to catch up on." Lady Mizuki smiled through her tears. "You're an uncle, by the way." She laughed at his expression and turned to face inland. "Come, follow me and we can catch up with each other before you meet my new family."

Shaking his head in bewilderment, Lord Masaru followed after her. A new land, a new life, and a new family. He mused, the sound of the ocean growing fainter behind them. "An uncle, you say? Just how many nieces and nephews..?" He had a lot of lost time to make up for, and being told he was an uncle when he wasn't prepared left him uncertain how to introduce himself to his sister's family.

Slowing down to walk beside him, she answered with a hint of amusement in her voice. "Two nieces and one nephew. The eldest niece was granted by the spirits and was a pleasant surprise. The younger two are unique, also touched by the spirits. Seems the spirits decided to have some fun with my family." She laughed softly. "Just be yourself, Masaru. I'm sure they'll be as joyful as I am that the long-lost family member has at last been found."

"I'm sure they'll accept me as they have accepted you." He grinned, keeping pace with his sister. Going from having no family for so long to suddenly a family of at least five... Life was going to be busy indeed!

(( WC: 850 ))  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas