This is a solo RP involving siblings
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Soini stared down into the puddle, his own tears falling into it and mingling with the water already there. He was so, so frustrated today. He had been reunited with his brother for years now, and they had learned how to communicate without Soini being able to speak, but oh how he wanted to! How he wanted to have a proper conversation with his brother rather than rely on vague interpretations! He wanted to be able to express what he was looking at with his own words, be able to laugh and converse freely!

Be able to eat and drink and be alive again!

Not that he was undead, of course. No matter how much he looked like one, he breathed and slept just as he ever had (well other than the nightmares), but ever since that Shifter had experimented on him not only was his mouth sewn shut with some unbreakable wire, but he hadn't needed to eat or drink. He imagined he could if his mouth could ever be freed, but he didn't need to.

He wished so often however that he had just died. This half-life he led was unbearable!

Another body came and pressed against his side. "I know." Tait said softly. "We won't stop looking until--"

Soini jerked away from him and spun, rearing up and slamming his hooves down, then staring at Tait in anger before he spun away again and started running at the trees nearby, feinting away at the last moment and kicking at them at first, but when that wasn't enough for his frustration, he started slamming into them with his shoulders, screaming like the fury-filled creature he was, ripping off scales on the bark, tearing skin, reveling in the pain that reminded him he was alive! If only he could do the same to what held his mouth shut!

Tait flattened his ears and stamped his foot, but his eyes were sad. "Soini, please stop." He begged softly, though he made no move to actually stop his brother. "This isn't going to help."

What will help?! Soini raged in the cage of his own mind. I'm trapped in this body! I can't say a word! I can't say anything, express anything! I don't even know what I sound like anymore!

It took several minutes before he finally stopped and stood with his head down and his sides heaving, making soft, pained sounds as the blood ran down his flanks. The physical pain however still paled in comparison to his emotional torment.

Tait approached him slowly and touched his nose to his brother's. "I'm not leaving you, Soini." He said softly, fiercely. "I won't stop until we find a solution, a way to give you your voice back. I swear it. I won't give up on you."

Soini closed his eyes and stepped closer until he could rest his head over Tait's neck. Thank you, brother....I love you....

"I love you, Soini. I'll never stop fighting for you." Tait rubbed his head gently against Soini's neck. "I will be your voice as best I can, and listen to your cues the best I can. I know it isn't perfect, I know....and I'm sorry. I can only imagine how frustrating it all is, I can only ever imagine. But you are my brother, and I won't let anyone hurt you again."

Soini slowly backed up so he could meet Tait's eyes, knowing he meant every word. If the Shifter ever came back though, Soini hoped he would run. If that Shifter got a hold of Tait, hurt him too....he tossed his head and gave a scream muffled by the inability of the sound to leave his mouth. No, he couldn't think about that!

Tait gave a crooked smile and tilted his head. "I know you don't think I can do it. I've never been as brave as you, but thinking about what was done to you...I might not rage like you do, but I feel it. I'll fight for you, fight at your side....I'll die to protect you if it came to it, like you would for me. You're my brother, my family. We only have each other in this world. I don't want to lose you."

I don't want to lose you either, idiot. Soini snorted. Don't die for me! I need you to live! He shook his head, but stepped closer again to nuzzle his brother's cheek. Even if he could speak, he knew that would make no difference. Tait meant what he said, and he appreciated it. He only hoped one day he'd be able to say it aloud.

Word count: 770