User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Liar. Deceitful. Intriguer. Malevolent evil.

This were all words that the shifter felt like he could step into with practiced ease. There were no rules that he needed to follow. He was a nomad. The laws of the land did not apply to him. But it was not who he was ... not at all. Black pelt reflecting nary even a star's twinkle did The Void stealthily make his way over the open plain that he found himself travelling upon. His gaze never ceased scanning the horizon for any place that he could call his own. There had been various locales that had seemed promising but no one, it seemed, wanted his kind around them. His idea to settle down somewhere was not going overly well. He found himself ranting into the space around him as he padded slowly away from the forest that had looked promising, except for the herd of Soquili that had claimed the area as the own. They had chased him out without hearing an explanation. Hooves had flashed out and he had had no option but to retreat. His voice rose in frustration, "does anyone even care to ask me how I choose to live? Is it only the predetermined judgements of the entire shifter population what I have to live under every single day?"

His paws dragged his small fox frame forward as his continued ranting.

"I swear no one even gives me a chance. I could be helpful. But no, it is always the same old line of "we do not want your kind around here" that I hear day in and day out. It is getting old. Really fast. Just once Soquili around here need to be open to the idea that I could be helpful."

He groaned softly, "it is not my fault I was born this way. To be judged solely on what I am ... it is infuriating. Why? Why? Why!!!"

The Void was not the average idea of what a shifter generally was. He wanted to be helpful. He had thought that perhaps he could reside in a herd and be their protector or even one that could take care of pest problems by eliminating the source. He was not even thinking of trading his services for anything in return. Was it too much to ask that perhaps somewhere some group could be in need of what he was willing to offer? Apparently as long as he had been searching, it had been too much to ask. The Void snorted softly before his green orbs flicked to the skies above him. "I swear, if I hear one more group of Soquili whisper conspiratorially against me I might just have to do something drastic. There is no way that I deserve to be labelled as a "dangerous killer" when they do not even know me."

The Void sniffed at the air then, sensing the source of water that was near and he veered off in the direction that his nose told him it was in. He soon came across the small stream and sank down gracefully at the side of the gently inclined bank before flopping onto his side. He stared at his reflection in the water before swiping his paw through the image of the black fox before his body contorted into his larger size. He leaned down and began to quench his thirst before giving the water a curious look. The ripples that spiralled outwards were like the ripples of anger he felt inside and he impulsively drew a paw through the water. He did not care to see himself as others did. He was not like others of his kind.

"Someone, anyone, just needs to give me a chance to prove myself. But how can I find a way to initiate an encounter as I am? How can I go about insisting that I am not the devil incarnate if I cannot even get a word in edgewise?"

"THIS SUCKS," he suddenly shouted into the night sky! The water splashed all around him as the shifter angrily tried to keep his reflection from reforming in the water that he now stood in. The stallion reared once, twice, thrice and each time came down with more force to disrupt the stream's reflection of him. As he once more had all four paws on in the water did the shifter watch as a tear materialized and flowed down his muzzle to land in the water ... altering his perspective for only a moment.

"Life is not fair. I know this. But please, will someone just give me a chance to explain myself!!!!"

He morosely exited the stream before shifting back to his fox form. He wearily lay his body down on the bank's edge once more before closing his eyes.

The Void was an enigma. He only wanted to be accepted for who he was.