Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Struggles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:12 am
This is a solo rp between Lucy Adair and Lluvia with a small appearance of Leopold.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:38 am
The anticipation had been building for months, fueled by dreams of wide-open spaces, golden dunes, and a desert adventure that Lucy Adair and her dear friend Lluvia had meticulously planned. The day had finally arrived, the sun casting a warm glow on their excitement, only for the weather to betray their aspirations. Leopold, their guide, had arrived earlier in the morning under the sparse trees they had laid under the night before to inform them of the approaching sandstorm. Lluvia, having gone to drink water from a nearby stream, wasn't aware of the situation yet.

Lucy watched from under the trees, her gaze fixed on the turmoil in the distance. The sky, once a canvas of azure blue, was now an ominous swirl of tan. Although the sandstorm was in the distance, Leopold was concerned for their safety. Lucy's excitement had morphed into a disheartened sigh as she took in the chaotic dance of sand grains against the glass. She paused, hearing approaching hooves nearby. She looked up, as Lluvia slowly approached. Lucy sighed as Lluvia nosed her shoulder.

"Lucy, what's going on? Why do you look so upset?" Lluvia inquired, concerned by her dear friend's sadness.

Lucy turned, her eyes clouded with frustration and disappointment. "Lluvia, can you believe this? A sandstorm! Of all the days, it has to happen today, right when we were about to embark on our desert adventure."

Lluvia turned away from Lucy, her dark eyes squinting at the horizon. "Leopold came by then?" At Lucy's nod, she continued, "I'm sorry, Lucy. I know how excited you were to explore and study the desert and its inhabitants. But, Leopold is our guide, he knows these parts. If he says it isn't safe, we have to trust his words." She murmured, comfortingly. "We can still go, it just may be a few more days."

Lucy sighed, her eyes returning to where the sandstorm continued its relentless assault on the landscape in the distance. Leopold hadn't told them to leave from their spot yet, but Lucy wouldn't be surprised if the stallion came back to ask her and Lluvia to move further away for their safety.

"I know you're right, but I can't help being upset. I had this image in my mind of us trotting through the desert, exploring the dunes, and now it's just... gone."

Lluvia smiled warmly, trying to lift Lucy's spirits. "I promise we'll still go, Lucy. We'll reschedule with Leopold and when we finally get to go, it'll even be more special. Did you want to walk with me? Find Leopold and do something together?" She asked, hoping Lucy would travel with her. She enjoyed each moment she got to spent with Lucy, and now their group was a trio. She looked around, trying to find the golden haired stallion but to no avail.

Lucy sighed again but rose from the ground. "I suppose you're right, Lluvia. It's frustrating when you have your heart set on something, something we have planned together for weeks only for it to slip away...." Lucy understood that Lluvia was right that they would eventually travel to the desert dunes but, this sandstorm would now put their current plans on hold. She was hoping to surprise her family by returning home by summer but, with the current weather predicament they found themselves in, it may take longer than anticipated.

They walked together, looking to the right and then to the left, searching for their companion. "Leopold?" Lluvia called out. They walked further away from the sandstorm, moving into tall grass. "Leopold?" Lucy now joined her friend, calling out for Leopold. As they continued, they grew more worried. Where was Leopold? As they entered into a grassy area, birds fluttering away, they noticed colourful feathers, slightly hidden by the grass, as if the stallion was crouched down.

"Leopold...." Lluvia said slowly. The stallion's golden mane popped up, his smile huge. "Gals!" He nodded them over to him. Lluvia trotted over quickly, Lucy trailing behind more slowly. Leopold nodded towards Lucy, his expression turning more grim. "Sorry again for the crappy news, hun." He nudged her gently, feeling apprehensive. Lucy had been quite upset when he first spoke with her but she seemed a little more brighter than she was before.

"Lluvia cheered me up a little. I know it wasn't your fault, Leopold. You're trying to make sure we are okay. I just....was so excited to go. But, we'll go another time, and you'll still be our guide?" Lucy turned away, nervous at Leopold's response.

The stallion grinned widely. "'Course I'll be your guide! Can't get rid of me that quickly, Luc!" He teased, nudging her again cheerfully. The mare looked a little embarrassed by Leopold's teasing.

"Hey, want to check out this great water hole with me? It's a great place to take dip." Leopold asked. The mares turned to each other before nodding.

"Lead the way, Leopold." Lluvia asked gently.  

Rita Zyon

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff