[PRP] Behind the Mask (Zenith x Ello)- '24FebRPMonth

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelain Pinch
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:01 pm
A roleplay between RockerWolfie1616 (Zenith) and Porcelain Pinch (Ello).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:02 pm
Pulse pounding adrenaline raced through the long maned figure, his braid in slight disarray whilst stalking a particularly annoying prey. Crouching low on silent paws Zenith pounced only when he heard the tell tale signs of movement. The other ponies shriek of pain fell on deaf ears..a cold unfeeling predator meticulously picked them apart. Not enough to kill. Just to send the correct message which he compounded by speaking in a deep growling voice. “If you ever..EVER harass my friend again I will bury you so deep in the ground that not even your soul will find rest. I’ll tear you apart..do you understand me?” Snarling darkly he felt the tiniest curl of pleasure when the bleeding figure whimpered out a response. “Get out of my territory or else.” A final press of strong paws to weak flesh..a shaking whimper..then the pony stumbled off away from the mountain. Still pleased, Zenith took a small bath to rid his body of blood & sweat, mind humming as he tucked his ‘mask’ firmly back into place. Cold indifference faded into the smallest spark of warmth..kindness. Shaking off the final bits of water he took a more leisurely pace towards his next destination for the day. Eyes wandering he called out once close “Ello? Are you here today?” Voice lilting delicately Zenith offered a demure, sweet smile as he continued to look around. Who would have thought that the ‘wolf in sheep's clothing’ would make a real friend.
Wc:250

Porcelain Pinch
Crew

Porcelain Pinch
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:03 pm
The sun's rays might have been peeking through the trees and dancing upon the ground in between the shadows, but Ello did not feel the same sentiment today. His dark purple gaze idly blinked as he watched the dark and light play with each other, his maw stretched in an unamused frown. He should be putting his paws to the ground and finding some sort of nourishment. At the most, he should be lapping up some water to quench his dry lips. But for the life of him, he couldn't get up from where he lay.

The usidia sighed, resting his long head on his front legs. It wasn't worth the trouble. It really wasn't. He would only get ridiculed again for his short stature and soft voice. Ello didn't have the energy for that.

It wasn't as if he was afraid of the other mare. Quite honestly, he was pretty sure that she meant no harm. Her views were very stereotypical compared to him, and she likely had the confidence to voice it. That didn't mean that he wanted to deal with the snide remarks and subtle jabs. Today was a day to conserve energy, and he didn't quite have the sticks to deal with the nonsense that she had to offer. Nor did he want to feel like he was walking on thin ice as he sought out some nourishment. He wasn't that thirsty, nor was he that hungry.

But perhaps he could get a morsel today. The usidia's ears perked up as they heard their friends voice. Zenith. Relief washed over his bones, as he slowly got up from his little spot on the ground. "I'm here." He peered around the tree that he was hiding under, shooting the larger soquili an easygoing grin. "What brings you around here, stranger?"

WC: 303

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:04 pm
Eyes lighting up Zenith bent just a little to be closer to his first real friend. It had happened as easily as breathing but, he was still quite unsure..nervous even. The whole experience was new. Smiling warmly he gave the smaller stallion’s mane a light playful ruffle. “I came to see you of course. How are you feeling?” Trying to keep casual he started walking, purposefully slowing his pace so they could walk in sync. While meandering along the path Zenith would occasionally pause to take a bite of berries. Typically he ate a large bit of mest on any given day but, that was private. Had to keep up his demure sweet personality to the outside world..that meant he rarely ate anything except berries around those that weren’t related by blood. Even his pack only got a glimpse of his true blood thirsty nature. “So what did you plan to do today? Shall we go to that odd cave with shiny stones I told you about?” They could go anywhere and not a soul would bother them. The smallest flicker of pleasure again raced theough Zenith..yes no one would interrupt his time with Ello. No one would be making the miniature stallion upset ever again. Pausing at a truly delicious patch of bushes the taller stallion briefly checked Ello over for wounds, perhaps that ugly mare had only attacked with words? Mind swirling he found himself reaching to attempt to ruffle the others mane again, smirking playfully.
Wc:251/501

Porcelain Pinch
Crew

Porcelain Pinch
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:05 pm
Usually Ello was a bit hesitant about others touching him. And when he had first met Zenith, he had been. The first time the stallion had touched his mane, the usidia nearly jumped out of his skin. He was pretty sure that Zenith felt the jolt that went through his body. He had felt so bad. But weirdly enough, the smaller male didn't mind the touch. It was odd the way friendships could build tolerance. Now Ello wouldn't have their friendship any other way. Zenith's touch was a comfort instead of something to shy way from.

The lavender mare shifted his mane to the other side of his neck. Came to see him? For someone so sweet, Zenith seemed to not have other obligations whenever they crossed paths. It was odd, but Ello wasn't going to take a deep dive into why. He would rather enjoy the company of his friend. Life would be empty without him. "I...." He hesitated. He wished he could match the stallion's sweet demeanor. However; Ello could not. He was an usidia who wore his heart on his leg. "exhausted, honestly." He let out a sigh, his eyes going to the ground. "I feel like that mare is constantly watching over my shoulder." Ello laughed, his smile not meeting the nervous look in his eyes. "I haven't been able to sleep well for the past couple of days." He shrugged. "So I didn't have anything planned. Besides avoiding her at all costs." Fortunately, with Zenith there, that might not be an issue. Zenith would try to avoid her as well right? Oh, Ello could only hope.

The sight of the berries made the lavender usidia's stomach growl. Carefully, he took a few to nibble, contemplating the idea of going into a cave. She was bound to not be there. Ello smiled up at Zenith, his head moving up to meet Zeniths head. "The cave sounds like a pleasant time." He could add more to his rock collection. What wasn't to love?

WC: 336/639

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:06 pm
Withholding a snarl was harder than it had ever been..Zenith felt the mask slipping. Taking deep even breaths he gnashed his teeth through a larger bite of berries, wincing at a sour spark across his tongue. Choosing what words to say was also quite difficult. “I’m sorry to hear that Ello. Perhaps we should find a sunny spot to nap in after we explore?” Napping was one thing Zenith did with anyone..family or his friend, nothing best flopping into a warm ray of sunshine to rest. Standing perfectly still he kept a gentle guard over Ello as he ate, eventually smiling that same sickly sweet smile. “Ready?” Eyes gleaming, the stallion stepped along at the same easy pace, mind racing. ‘I should have made her twist more..or perhaps taken one of her limbs. How dare she make Ello so frightened?’ Holding back a growl disguised as a snort Zenith glanced around casually..just in case. “Yes, the cave had so many sparkly ones! We’ll find something great for you to take home.” Maybe a really great rock would distract his new and only friend from that horrible mare’s existence. The wide opening gave way to a cooler interior, it was not the deepest cave but already Zenith felt a few rocks beneath his paws. The first few feet inside had only boring run of the mill bits however an errant ray of sunlight had sparkles of refracted light dancing across the walls. “Oh! Over there Ello!”
Wc:249/750

Porcelain Pinch
Crew

Porcelain Pinch
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:07 pm
The tartness of the berry that hit Ello's tastebuds might have been sour and tangy, but he couldn't help but smile through the zing from the acidity. It has hard not to when he was with Zenith. Although he had his worries, they melted away when he was focused on the other stallion. The larger male gave him a sense of security that he couldn't quite explain. Napping sounded like the perfect idea after a muddled sleep from the worries he had the prior night. The usidia's gaze roved over towards his companion. "Yeah, that would be nice." His eyes crinkled as his smile widened. "I'd like that a lot." With Zenith there, he wouldn't have to worry. He would be able to actually sleep. Relief seeped into his bones. Had they always been that heavy today?

A small body filled up fast. Soon enough, Ello's jaw slowed in it's chewing. His grazing became more lackadaisical. A familiar looming shadow made the male pause, his gaze going from the berry bush that he was picking from to the larger horse in front of him. "Yes." Ello nodded, his tail flicking as he stepped away from the bush. "Lead the way?"

Ello naturally fell into pace with Zenith, his tiny feet moving twice as fast as Zeniths to keep up. Although his strides were shorter, it was still a relaxing walk. He was at a comfortable trot next to Zenith. He couldn't help the prep to his step. Gems? Ones that shined and shimmered in the light? The mental image had his eyes lighting up in hope. "That sounds fantastic." He tried to keep his voice light. Truth was, he didn't have a home. Ello was quite alone. All of his residences had been temporary as he moved around from place to place. Much like how he wasn't going to stay in this area for long. Ello wasn't about to let that slip out right now. It would be a travesty to ruin the moment.

While Zenith went in with confidence, Ello hesitated. Took his time. Caves were notorious for danger. And he was pretty sure he smelt the mare nearby. Her scent was lingering, reminding him of her presence every now and again, bringing him back to reality. Were they being followed? He wasn't sure. Although Zenith's presence was like a warm blanket wrapped around him, the cave was dark, chilling, and the stale air creeped doubts into his mind. Ello took a deep breath. This would be fine. Right?

The stallion's call zapped him out of his muddled mind. "Where?" He took a hesitant step, peering in. A glint caught his gaze, making his eyes widen. "Oh!" He shuffled towards the gem, nosing the rock. "It's beautiful!"

WC: 458/1097

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:08 pm
Bending to also inspect the lovely sparkling stone Zenith took note of Ello’s apprehension. The way he had been tensed before entering the cave..how the smaller male kept looking back. Fearful. That same cold, dark feeling coiled within the bigger stallion’s gut..and this time he did unintentionally growl aloud. The sound was sadly enhanced thanks to the cave; echoing off the walls. Drawing back from their discovery he let the growl taper off..paws flexing against the cave floor. “Ello. Are you still frightened?” The urge to kill that blasted mare had his mask slipping ever so slightly..once kind eyes darkening with malice. Unbidden the words Zenith wished to keep inside bursted forward; it was startling that having a friend had this much of an effect on him. “Would you like me to kill her for you?” Said with a voice void of any emotion Zenith casually bent to scoop up the stone..short tail flicking as it was placed with care upon the smaller males back. Some part deep inside told him to say no more. Laugh it off and continue to have a fun time with his friend. Perhaps if Zen was in more control. If he’d not seen the fear or weariness dragging Ello down. The secret spilled out just as swiftly “She won’t bother you ever again..or I will kill her. I made sure she won’t be coming back..you’re safe.” It was laughable because what safety was there being around a wolf in sheep's clothing? Mask sliding back into place Zenith wandered a few steps away..that small rational part of him wanting to allow Ello a chance to flee. Surely knowing what he’d done would send the other far, far away. “I couldn’t let her hurt you any longer.” Soft. When had his voice become something delicate and why did this…hurt? “I understand if you are frightened of me now.”
Wc: 320/1070

Porcelain Pinch
Crew

Porcelain Pinch
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:09 pm
Ello was not expecting that growl. The rumble that reverberated up Zenith's chest made Ello's blood drain from his face. His eyes widened. For a moment, it felt like the world stopped as fear creeped down his spine. They were alone. In a dark cave. With no one around. Was there someone, or something out there? Ello took a hesitant step back and tried to force a smile that didn't reach his eyes. "With you here, what's there to be frightened about?" A hollow laugh escaped his lips. Honestly, he could care less about the mare. His focus was more on the surly stallion that was close enough to grab at his neck.

He wouldn't, would he? No, of course not. This was Zenith. He was always so sweet.

"I---don't wish harm on her." He started slowly, carefully. Wanting death was far from what he wanted. All he wanted was for the mare to leave him alone. He wasn't sure why her smell was so prominent right now. It wasn't like her to follow or stalk. Usually they happened to randomly cross paths. It was unnerving, for sure.

Ello was startled out of his thoughts as the stallion picked up the gem and placed it on his back. The usidia jumped, ears flat on his head, as the hard stone clattered loudly back to the ground.

Oh.

Oh

It clicked. The puzzle pieces were being put in place. Zenith had done something. "What did you do?" Ello worried his lip, his brows furrowing. This was starting to feel incredibly unsafe. "Zenith, what did you do?" He was afraid of the answer. With a growl that deep, and legs that thick the stallion could do damage to any creature.

At least he hadn't killed the mare. Right? There was a will in his statement.

His ears twitched. Yes, it was true that he was nervous, frightened. Guilt also seeped into his bones, muddling his thoughts. This was Zenith after all. It wasn't like he had hurt him. He was trying to protect him...in a very harsh way, yes. But there was a heart of gold underneath that fur. "I'm not frightened." He answered slowly, his eyes ducking up to the male. "Just took me by surprise. A shock." Ello bit the inside of his cheek. "I'd still like to know what you did." Curiosity may kill him, but it was better to know, than always walk on eggshells.

WC: 407/1504

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:10 pm
Ears pressed back in sharp contrast to the restrained rage he always carried..the dark beast within wishing to maim and destroy. To protect but, it was not a soft cuddly creature. Paws flexing Zenith bent and scooped the stone back up this time tucking it within his thick braid of hair for safe keeping. Taking a slow calming breath the stallion moved even further away from Ello. Giving the smaller stature male a chance to flee as the next words flowed from his mouth..compounded by a quieter yet no less sinister snarl. “I hunted her. How dare she do such a thing..she was easy prey. I’ve hunted rabbits smarter than that bumbling fool!” Realizing his heart was racing Zenith allowed the mask to shatter again. Maybe it would be better if Ello knee the truth. If the other learned how truly dark he was and fled. Then he could be free of these..soft..friendship feelings. “She is not the first Ello. She won’t be the last. I hunted her down, slashed her with my claws and bit her..then..then that ugly thing begged for it’s pathetic life.” In a moment of weakness. In a moment of picturing his friends face..he’d let her live. “Injured but not dead. Perhaps a few new scars and she’ll definitely not be getting much sleep for a few days. A fitting punishment.” Smiling with not a hint of sweetness Zenith took a breath to calm..head lowering to simply gaze at the cave floor. (edited)

Awaiting the inevitable moment Ello fled..their friendship broken beyond repair. One day they’d all leave, everyone would know he was a monster. “I won’t apologize and if you asked, she'd be dead.” With the secret out in the air he calmly turned back, paws carrying him easily back into the light. The midday sun warmed him outwardly..unable to penetrate the cold locked within. “I’ll leave.” Voice softening Zen pressed forward, only pausing to place the rock down in the sunshine. “For what it’s worth..thank you for being my friend Ello.” Yes. Cutting all ties was the best way. Even if his insides ached. That tiny spark left from foalhood refused to die and Zenith mentally growled at his father. The stallion had made all of them soft, even the shifter’s he’d adopted into their family were nothing but massive fluffy foals. It would be better to have no more friends..so that part of him could die. The sweet small stallion deserved better, kinder friendships.

WC: 423/1493

Porcelain Pinch
Crew

Porcelain Pinch
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:11 pm
Ello wasn't feeling stifled. Yet, as Zenith moved away from him, he couldn't help but feel relief. The air around them was tense. And Ello still wasn't sure about his feelings towards Zenith's new demeanor. This was completely new. Was their time beforehand, that friendliness, all a lie?

It couldn't be, right?

Ello worried his lip. What had he meant by "hunted". Did the stallion put his nose to the ground and scent her out? Follow her footprints? Had the mare warranted that intensity? Sure, she made jabs at him, and there were some passive aggressive remarks, but she didn't hurt him in any way. They were two different soquili with two different values. Apparently Zenith had a different view on the matter too.

Ello took a deep breath, closing his eyes. The image of Zenith placing his maw around someone else's neck flashed through his mind. It made his blood run cold. He didn't think that the mare should perish, or anyone for that matter. No one deserved to die, no matter how evil they may be. They had their own lives, and others that depended on them.

How was he to respond?! Ello opened his mouth--no words came out. He quickly closed it. What was there to say? Zenith was adamant about it not being the last. The idea sent a shudder through his spine. Did the stallion receive some sort of pleasure from the hunt? Some sort of satisfaction of threatening and killing others? The questions threatened to spill out of his mouth. Quickly, he swallowed them down.

Now was not the time. And honestly, Ello was afraid of the answers that he would receive. He watched the other male warily, rooted in his spot as the stallion ducked his head down. "Well, I wouldn't ask you to kill anyone." Ello clenched his jaw. That was too soon. He should be careful with his words in this moment in time. It wasn't like they were in a relationship. Zenith's life was his own. The usidia took a calming breath. This was fine. Everything was fine.

Until it wasn't. The stallion had turned his head and started walking out of the cave. In response, Ello took a hesitant step forward. Should he follow him? Did Zenith have enough of him? Surely, if that were the case, Zenith would tell him wouldn't he?

Ello opened his mouth to say something, but Zenith spoke again. A thanks. Ello frowned, surging forward. No way was he going to let him leave like that! "Wait a minute!" Ello trotted up to him, stomping a paw. "You weren't just going to leave me like that, were you?!" He snorted. "We're friends aren't we?!"
WC: 450/1954

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:12 pm
Taking long slow breaths Zenith bent a bit to meet the clearly frustrated stallion’s eyes. “Don’t ever doubt my friendship..do you think I would do that for just anyone? You were my first and only friend. You are the only one to see who I truly am and escape unscathed..no one else..not even my family knows.” Voice dropping off he looked elsewhere..eyes seeming to stare into nothingness. “You deserve better, kinder friends Ello. I’m sure you can find some..” It took a monumental effort to move away. To take those first steps far from this friendship and these strange feelings. Zenith was raw..that damned inner glow refusing to be fully snuffed out. “You’re frightened of me..aren’t you?” The words escaped all on their own, his muscles tensing..stuck between fight or flight. Every other thing he wished to say..to push the smaller away..to scare him for good..all those cruel sharp words; he swallowed. “I must..” In the distance a sharp howl broke the sounds of the forest..it was followed by the sound of a low deep horn. Hair standing on end Zenith gave Ello one last look “I must go home. Something bad has happened!” Eyes flashing he let his strong legs take charge..leaping over any obstacles to reach his family. The mask had not broken..it was merely cracked ever so slightly. The first time Zenith had ever been honest. What a day.

Wc:245/1738

Porcelain Pinch
Crew

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas