Submit

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dafina paced nervously. She wasn't sure if her friend knew, now. Or how they were going to react if they confronted her. She hadn't meant to keep a secret from them. It just...felt like the right thing to do at the time. But ever since then, she had been uneasy. Dreading that she would be found out. "Is it really that big of a deal, though?" she mumbled slightly. "And why am I getting myself worked up? It's not like they're even around right now. I have no reason to think they have any clue..."

Yet, she struggled to shake the unease. The conflict within herself; if it's the right thing to keep hidden. "I wish I knew what to do..." she lamented, hanging her head low. "Maybe I should just try and forget it. What are the odds they'll even find out." she tried to reason with herself.

=================

149 words

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:29 pm
Fiora woke up to the soft chirping of the birds and the warm sunlight. Taking a big sigh, she rose from the flowerbed and wiped the sleep from her eyes. It's morning... Fiora thought. I better get going. Dafina must be waiting. Gently moving her hooves forward, she enjoyed the warm, tall grass hitting her body as she pressed onward. I- I found out..... A little birdie told me.

Fiora closed her eyes and continued to move. Her body felt like it was moving on its own, and she was just floating through the tall, warm grass. She inhaled and exhaled. I wonder what Dafina will think. I wonder if she's worried. She's a good friend.... Fiora thought as she quickened her pace. I mustn't be late. Fiora began running. She wasn't always tardy, but today she was running late. I could still make it... And then Fiora burst through the tall grass to a clearing. Straight ahead, she saw Dafina. "Dafina! I'm so sorry, I'm here!"

Word count: 167  

muffled_undertone

Kawaii Shoujo

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:10 pm

Dafina about jumped out of her skin. She was not expecting to see Fiora right now, much less have her bursting out like that. After she managed to catch her breath, she stammered, "Uh...uh...hi Fiora. How're you...I didn't expect to see you." She attempted to hide the nervousness in her voice, but she felt sure it was going to be noticed. "Why...what brings you here?" she asked, averting her eyes. "Oh gosh....does she know I kept that from her? No no no....how could she? It's not possible..." Her mind raced as fast as her heart as her friend approached.

=================

99 words

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:02 pm
Fiora trotted up to Dafina. "Hi, friend... I'm glad I caught you. I was afraid I'd miss you because I overslept a little." Fiora, still breathing a little heavily, took a moment to catch her breath. "I-I uh... heard. Um, through the grapevine something." Fiora began drawing in the sand and grass with her right hoof. She was getting nervous. Her heart began to pound, and she was starting to sweat. "Um, I know you told them not to tell me this, but they thought it would be in my best interest, so they did." Fiora started blushing. She was never any good when it came to matters of the heart. She could feel her cheeks turn bright red and her heart thump harder.

Word count: 124  

muffled_undertone

Kawaii Shoujo

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:05 pm

Dafina felt herself grow cold and numb. It felt as if her heart was stuck in her throat. She also felt anger. Not at Fiora, but at the ones she had spoken to in confidence. How could they? She trusted them... For a moment she considered bolting away. She didn't want to confront this. Running away just seemed easier. But...logically she knew that it would catch up to her at some point. What was she going to do; run away and never return? That'd be pretty drastic for something that...yes, it was a big deal. But....to resort to that???

She hung her head and collapsed into sobs. "I'm so sorry...I thought I was doing what was best....what was right. I just wanted to save you pain...and it seems I've only succeeded in causing it." she managed to say though the tears. She couldn't even bring herself to look her friend in the face. Not that it mattered; she likely wouldn't be able to see anything through the flood streaming down her face.

=================

172 words

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:59 pm

Fiora sighed and looked down at the ground. She knew this day would come, so she took the initiative and sought out Dafina. We're going to have this conversation anyway... Why not get it over with, right?

"I.. I understand. And yes, it probably saved me a lot of heartache. I came here because I wanted you to know that I appreciate you and what you did for me. And don't feel angry or upset at them for telling me... It's really fine. I'm glad they told me, too." Fiora closed her eyes and hung her head. She waited for Dafina's response and hoped Dafina would stop crying. "Please don't cry anymore, Dafina. I'm really happy that I found out. I found out before things got worse."

Fiora waited patiently for Dafina's response. Fiora always appreciated Dafina's kind-heartedness.

Word count: 138  

muffled_undertone

Kawaii Shoujo

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:17 pm

Dafina was still unable to look at her friend. She was hearing the words, but they did little to placate the feeling of guilt she was experiencing. Logically she knew that sometimes it is best to just not say anything as to avoid causing pain; sometimes people just don't need to know something. But this....this was different. She not only hadn't told her friend the situation, but she had actively stepped in, where maybe it wasn't her place to. "But Fiora is my friend....it IS my place." she had reasoned at the time. But now she was questioning it.

She tried to catch her breath and reply to Fiora, but it felt impossible; the tears just wouldn't stop. Unable to do anything else, she just flung herself at her close friend, hugging her through the sobs. At length she managed, "I'm so sorry...I thought I was right, but maybe I should have come to you about it before acting...Will you ever trust me again, Fiora?" She asked the question....but she feared the answer. But it had to be asked.

=================

179 words

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:16 pm

Fiora was taken aback. She knew Dafina was remorseful over her action, but Fiora was sobbing and wouldn't stop... and now she's hugging her and asking if Fiora would ever trust her again. Of course, I would... Fiora thought. But she didn't know how to say it. Should she embrace her friend back? Fiora was never good at dealing with sentimental gushy feelings.

So Fiora just winged it. "Dafina, it's okay. I, uh, of course, would trust you again." Fiora fidgeted and quickly embraced Dafina. "I uh, I'm glad you told them. I never knew that he was capable of doing something like that. I'm glad you told them because I found out before I got too close. It's fine that you didn't come directly to me; I understand the apprehension you must have been feeling. It was just a rumor, after all. How were you to know what only I knew that confirmed that rumor? I get it. And I think everything worked out in the end. So, thank you, friend. I really appreciate you." smile

Fiora backed up and smiled at Dafina. A job well done? Fiora wasn't sure. But she gave it her best effort. That, she knew for sure.

Word count: 202  

muffled_undertone

Kawaii Shoujo

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:47 pm

Dafina pulled back a little and looked at Fiora. She had forgotten for a moment that these things made her friend a bit on the uncomfortable side. She understood that; she too was like this most times. Dafina tried to wipe away the tears and offer a small smile. "Do you really mean that, Fiora? I would completely understand if it made you upset and you found it difficult to trust me again....at least for a while. I just...I didn't want them to hurt you." She softly kicked her hoof against the ground. "But...maybe in the future, if I have a concern about someone you're around....I should just come to you to begin with. I guess part of me....was just worried you wouldn't be able to see what I was seeing, because of how you felt." She paused for a moment before continuing, "I know we both try and be the best friends we can be. Maybe sometimes it can cloud our judgment a bit. I promise I'll try and do better in the future. irregardless of if you're truly upset or not." She offered her friend a soft smile, hopeful that things would be alright.

=================

196 words

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:50 pm
Fiora smiled again. "Yes, I mean it, Dafina. I would, of course, trust you again. And no, it won't take any time-- let's start now! See? I trust you." Fiora leaped in the air and landed closer to Dafina. "You could absolutely talk to me directly next time, yeah. That would be great. I like it when others are upfront with me. It's easier, don't you think? Anyway, do you want to get out of here? Maybe we could go grab a drink at the lake. I'm parched." Fiora glanced in the direction of the lake and then looked back at Dafina. Fiora hoped things would go back to normal now. She gets a bit uncomfortable when it comes to feelings and such.

Word count: 123  

muffled_undertone

Kawaii Shoujo

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas