magnadearel

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Enizi had decided to meet up with The Void for a little outing. Spring was here. A small grin barely peaked out. This grouchy Kalona tended to stay in and mix potions or other concoctions together. Those green eyes searched for the shifter in question. A small gentle stamp with one hoof at the ground she waited as patiently as she could. Not that it was very long before the mare felt restless.

“Void?” She called out, her voice low and near growly. It was a normal tone for her. The other should be close by…

WC: 96

----
User Image

The glade was peaceful. Or as peaceful as one could get in spring. The birds all around were singing their songs. The bees were buzzing. Flowers bloomed and trees swayed in the breeze. Slow clouds drifted across the sky, casting shadows down below.

A raspy voice cut across the others of the glade. From within a darker shadow, a pair of yellow eyes slowly blinked open. Void gave a wide yawn as she slowly uncurled and gave a stretch. "Oh Enizi. You're finally here." Blackness oozed out of the dark shadows, pausing to lick her paw and clean her face.

"How was your trip?"
WC: 104

----

A bee buzzed closer to the mare as she began her slow and steady movement towards the black cat that was her friend. She looked tough as she tried not to startle as it buzzed ever closer until she broke out into a run towards her friend. Her wings beating to try and kick up a small wind to rid her of the straggler.

“I do love spring but these bees. They love to follow me and I do not feel the same sentiment. My trip here was pleasant. I was waylaid by squirrels. Squirrels!!” Another creature that enjoyed tormenting her. “I have arrived unscathed this time. No stings and no bites.”

Despite how her face looked, all grumpy like with just a bare hint of a smile, the mare was somewhat of a scaredy cat. She did her best not to show it to anyone but her friends knew the truth. She felt like there was still something amiss here. Or at least felt a sense of something else watching them.

“Can we, uh, move a little bit aways? I want to get our stroll going.”

WC: 187

----

The feline laughed to herself as the other female came galloping over waving her wings wildly. Her friend tended to have a small problem with small critters. She gently swiped a paw at a passing bee to send it serenely on its way. "I'm glad the squirrels took pity on you today."

"Oh. Does that mean you didn't invite that stallion to come along?" Void pointed her nose to where a peculiar stallion was lurking. He faintly resembled a shifter she'd run across before though he didn't seem to be a shifter himself. The stallion shifted his paws nervously as her golden eyes locked onto him. The other one she'd had a good scrap with. This one didn't seem to be looking for a fight, but who knew.

WC: 128

----

"They were at least nice enough to not bite me. Cursed rodents I swear. This is why I tend to spend most of my time indoors. I do not have to contend with them within my dwelling. Maybe once in a while but I think my concoctions typically make them hate it." She eyed the bee that was swatted. Hoping that it may not come back to sting them, as it could now that it had been disturbed.

Enizi turned, somewhat startled, flaring her wings out and baring her teeth in the direction of the stallion that Void was pointing off to. "Absolutely not!" She hissed quietly at the other. She remembered the last bunny like pony. It had been an experience that she did not want to repeat and grew defensive. Two against one and they both seemed to be bigger than the stallion too.

"What's your business here?" She called out, a hoof stamping against the ground. Fighting was not her forte despite how she may appear. If she had any of her concoctions on her, some of them did a bit of harm but alas... they were not with her. This wasn't supposed to be that sort of stroll. Please let this stallion just be lost or passing through.

She spied another creature coming alongside the stallion, a bunny. Oh good. Another terror. First the one last year, now there was another bunny who seemed to be pals with this stallion.

WC: 244

----

Void cast a slightly sideways glance at her friend. If ever she wanted to play a prank on her, letting a few squirrels into her dwelling would be hilarious. Maybe she'd save it for when Enizi was having a bad day or needed to be distracted from something else. She would need to devise a reason to get the mare to leave her home for as long as possible. Void wondered how many squirrels she could catch in that short of a time. She'd have to practice catching squirrels and find out.

Her attention was drawn back to the stallion by Enizi's reaction. Guess she hadn't invited him after all. She waited as her friend called out query to the stallion. He'd been kind of just lurking. Maybe hoping to be noticed? Maybe not. She flicked the tip of her tail.
~~

The absolutely not suspicious stallion jumped as the dark feline called him out as if she knew he'd been there the whole time. He tried not to flinch as the golden eyes fixed on him. Per chance this was a bad idea after all. He was new to these lands and had already gotten himself lost. When he'd heard voices, he had hoped that he might be able to simply ask for directions.

The other one did not seem pleased by his presence either. It made him nervous and he wiggled his ears comically if only he knew. "P-please. Pardon my intrusion. I'm new and have no idea where I am. C-could you please guide me?" His companion peeked around from behind his hocks at the others.

WC: 268

----

Enizi shook her head and her ears flicked a couple of times. She did not trust them, past trauma and all that jazz but some part of her felt a bit bad for them. Absolutely not cool of either of them to half sneak up on the mares. She turned her eyes towards Void, the shifter had her sharp claws and currently this new stallion did seem like maybe they didn’t have anything crazy up their sleeve.

The mare came ever closer to her friend and whispered, “This one doesn’t seem like a killer bunny.” The words weren’t quite so quiet. A fault of hers, she couldn’t always hear how loud she is sometimes.

———-

The bunny companion’s eyes widened. “Killer bunny? Where?” She took her small paws and hooked them as best behind her companions leg as she could. She was shaking up quite the storm.

WC: 146

----

Void gave a toothy grin at her friend's not so quiet comment. "Do not be fooled by looks Enizi. I may look like a sweet feline, but we both know I have claws and I'm not afraid to use them." She gave the stallion a warning look that said if he dared to try anything suspicious she would use her claws on him. A chuckle rose from her throat at the words from the animal at the pony's heels. "Oh I don't think you need to worry about him. I sent him packing." Her chest fluff puffed up just a tiny bit more in pride.

"Where is it you're trying to go?" Void wasn't sure she believed him. He asked for a guide, but did not state his destination. "What are your names?"
~~
He tried to shrink back in on himself. Oooooooh oh oh. He had absolutely asked the wrong ponies for help. The dark feline was scary. "Ah. Well. You see...." He looked around worriedly, trying to come up with some idea. Finally he decided the truth just might be better. "I don't know honestly. I'm new to these parts and I don't know what's around here. Perhaps..... Perhaps you'd take us somewhere that would be suitable for ones such as ourselves."

"Oh pardon me. I am Gaius Floof." He looked down at his own friend hiding behind his hock. "Go on. Introduce yourself."

WC: 235

----

The mare looked between her friend and the stallion, then down at the little bunny. "I know that Void." She let her wings settle back down at her sides. She did have her way to defend herself, her fangs and horns weren't completely useless. She did tend to use them only if she backed into a corner which had only happened twice in her life so far. Her face relaxed and that near permanent grouchy look returned to her features. Enizi did not look to be a friendly pony.

"Gaius Floof. That's a funny name. I'm Enizi." Her voice was wary but she took one step towards them, she remembered what it was like being a new pony. "I'm not the most travelled pony, but I can attempt to help. Just promise you aren't gunna try and fight us or something."

---

The bunny came around her companion and looked up. Those brown eyes of hers were soft and gentle like. "Yeah we are just trying to find a place that would fit for us. I'm Bei." She gave the smallest and cutest bows at them. Doing all of this from behind Gaius, it made her feel a little safer around the cat shifter.

WC: 203

----

For whatever reason, her words seemed to reassure her friend who settled her wings and took on her usual demeanor. This pony was not giving off the same vibes as the evil bunny they had run into prior. He just had the misfortune to look similar. Her whiskers twitched with amusement as he gave him name. Poor guy.

Deep inside Enizi was a softie. One just had to get through the crust to see it. Void smiled to herself as it became clear her friend was indeed going to help this pair despite her initial suspicions. "We will find you some place suitable." Enizi might not be well traveled, but Void herself was. She was sure she could find them something suitable to their liking. She followed along as the pair struck out on their adventure. It would do Enizi some good too.

~~~~~
He shook his head so hard his ears flapped. "No! Never!" Gaius earnestly denied. He didn't want to harm anyone. All he wanted was a nice safe home. He was relieved when the two seemed to relax and accepted them. It wouldn't have taken much for them to drive him and Bei away. That did not seem like it was going to be the case.

"That is most gracious of you," he replied to the mare. He hoped the small feline wouldn't consider his friend a snack when she got hungry. In depth he started speaking of what it was he wanted in a place as they walked along.

WC: 252

----

DavyJnah Total Words: 876
magnadearel Total Words: 987