Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
Proof of god

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wat do you think
  Wow really good theroy
  Stop wasting space noob
View Results

RPGnoob

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:10 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:08 pm
wow good an i got my grandma supmed a good freek, no offence to u....a provin fact that gods chosen epople r jewish so dont cristians want to be jewish then...u think we would want to be  

jimmyjon

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:29 pm
Wow. You have prevented me from doing my homework for almost half an hour. But you have also changed my perspective of the universe. I'm going to go bang my head against the wall now.

Hmm... If you think about it... I am a being of pure energy. Sent from a dimension beyond this one. I very well may control existence itself. I now have greater self-esteem. (Ugh, yes, I am incredibly dorky. -.-)

I wonder how much of this is really true?

P.S. - Jimmyjon, I cannot understand a thing you have said.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:03 pm
interesting... but you failed to think that if there is 'an all-knowing god' then he would've been smart enough to dwarf the intelligence of even the collective human intelligence and would've created safeguards to throw off and mislead us from ever actually finding proof of him.

I think if he does exist that he isn't the one calling the shots, and that he has made some form of 'dimension', as you like to call them, that works all that out for him ahead of time as wel as working out everything that is out of our perceptions as well as disproving all our unjustified expectations and rather work out and create a set of rules, our laws of physics, to guide what probibilities everythin happens on.

Only rarely breaching those rules to follow what God might dictate, thus creating a true miracle, yet following most of the basic laws still and creating a strong ability to disprove to all that choose to believe the facts. The trick is not to see what reality is but whos running it.

If you believe you are your own god, then you mus tlive with your beliefs. As for myself, I choose to belive that there is more running this universe than any simple conclusions of however many dimensions we decide to find and call them god rather then just another guiding force that all works towards it's collective unfathomable goal.

My point is that you shouldn't point and say you've found a 'physical' god so easily because it might've just been something he planned for you to find.  

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

jpmacor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:20 am
ok i'm going to admit i didn't read the whole thing, but i've always had a theory (if this is what the theory says sorry, but i can make it nice short and concise razz ). basic principle of matter is that something can not be created from nothing, meaning you have to have an element to create a new element. with this scientist have really painted themselves into a corner with the big bang theory (which btw i believe in, and i'm a strong advocate in slapping people who believe the bible whole heartedly when even the brother's grimm stories in 200 years are vastly different due to varying opinions and difficulty in translation), because if something can not be created from nothing, what caused the big bang?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:10 pm
I'm going to say that this isn't going to convince me that there is a god out there, but it does add more thought about the universe than what I have originally thought of it as.  

Zi

Supportive Cleric

30,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Invisibility 100

jpmacor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:26 am
see see i was previously uber scientific about everything, knowing there was no way in hell the established church was untainted, as it was in the hands of man, which church says is a fallible creature, and thus prone to doing wrong, but then i got to thinking in highschool, after my physics class, well these scientist dudes say they have all the answers, but i've searched and searched for the origin of the big bang and a possible explanation, and there is none. they just say it had to happen, so that's why it happened.

plus the thought of nothing really scares the s**t outta me (the whole purpose for establishing religion in the first place, mans fear of non existance), so a little hope is all i need wink  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games