Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
What makes a nerd? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What makes a nerd?
  Looks
  Interests
  Personality
  All of the above
  None of the above
View Results

Lilith Le Midge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:52 pm
MarineManiac
As I was saying, I get great grades and I'm in GATE classes. My first year of middle school is tough but i have met alot of people. Once again I get more ridiculing,

"School Girl"
"Nerd"
"Geek"
"Bucky"
"Smarta**"

Those are a few, to name of the top of my head. This year I'm going for student body president and hopefully brains will win over popularity.

I actually had something say to my face 'I hate you" when I proved a Daddy Long-Leg isn't an arachnid. I caught a note flying from someone annoymous at recess,"Do us all a favor and go to a university already."

I left my yearbook a couple of days from school alone on the bench and when I came back someone had signed, "I hope you die over the summer" in the top corner in pencil.

This is why I hate stereotyping and those who do it. I'm sick of it, and anyone who I meet out of school will get beaten. If i can take on a second year highschool quarterback I can take on anyone.

Did I mention the time i confused Michael Jordon with Micheal Jackson while playing basketball?

I read everyone's reply here, but I think I thought that was the most interesting... Brav-o. I hope you stand up for yourself and all the others like you. Man am I glad my school is not like that at all.

Anyway, here's something new: if you consider yourself a bona fide nerd, list the reasons why and maybe we can put together and accurate list of what makes someone a nerd.

Why I'm A Nerd:

1. I can list random, ridiculous things about Jean Grey that normal folks would never ever even know.

2. I own nerdy comic book t-shirts, and even had some of my senior pictures taken all comic-book-ish.

3. Although I am more outgoing than before, I still prefer solitude, and can often be socially awkward.

4. I love my nerdy video games.

5. I'm about to attend my first convention and do my first cosplay ever.

Hmmm I can't really think of any more at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:35 am
I think a nerd is a person who is misunderstood, and therefore spends all their time at a computer!  

Lhia Dunwaith

[!.Remix.!]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:19 pm
goddd i fu@kin hate nerds stare  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games