Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
How to: Make a Roleplay that will become popular Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leszi

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:16 pm
bonjour and salutations!

yes, that is very helpful and i thank you for your insight, but i have a question... or set of questions... or a few sets-oh nevermind, i'll just continue.

what if noone* wants to be evil? i am VC of another guild that attracts somewhat nonviolent types, and few people are willing to even attempt maliciousness... as many reading this will agree, it is very hard to continue a story if there is no ACTIVE antagonist, no matter if there are NPCs such as monsters et al.

i have attempted to run an RP a few times which has petered out every time. the first time i was less experienced and probably didn't explain things well enough, but each time i try to learn from my mistakes and, ya know, "tighten nuts" in the story. the second time i tried was a little better, but it nevertheless failed, mostly due to a certain writer who either refused to read or else couldn't comprehend the events taking place around her character. she scared/frustrated everyone else away before i could stop her successfully and that, as they say, was that.

so then we come to the present incarnation. in this one i have a few solid characters and writers who know what's happening around them, but as i said, no villains. i had to use a mule to create a villain and, though it did seem to create a little more depth for a time, i am not of the opinion that a functioning RP has the creator working as both pro- and antagonist.

there was a guy that was about to start who i had high hopes for, but after he posted his character sheet (which we worked together to perfect) he disappeared from Gaia... i believe entirely.....

*sigh* so.. if ya have any suggestions for that sort of problem, i'd be very grateful.

@Make, school RPs are... difficult.... i was in one for a bit that was started by a friend from a different, more successful RP and it more or less flopped simply because of the premise. (ie: it was a school for assassins. i was the poisons prof and cook incidentally.)

*(to all you fierce literates, is it "noone" or "no one?" when i see "no one" i think "no one person ...." and less of "none")

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:55 am
Nice advice. May I add something?

When you create a plot, make it one that appeals to many people. So often, I see ones that revolve around only one or two characters, and there aren't a lot of good parts left for other people. If you want other people to join, leave room for other characters to be important, too.

Leszi: The correct spelling is "no one." "Everyone" and "anyone," however, are not broken into separate words. Three cheers for the confusing English language.

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

kitcat007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:21 pm
Thank you very much, this helps.  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:59 am
thanks. i'll do that when i want a big rp. 3nodding

but now i kinda want a small rp. sweatdrop  

banner3

kitcat007

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:44 am
Thank you for the info but I have a question. My biggest issue is how to pick one that will last? I join and then it rolls for awhile then people get bored or whatever and falls apart. I know an odd question but thank you for your time.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:50 pm
This was very helpful!  

Alleykat9

Adri3nne_Gael

4,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:07 pm
Thank you very much! This is a very helpful thread. I've made quite a few roleplays, but they're kind of dying out.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:17 pm
SubZero Assassin
@ Umeko Yuki: No spamming, please
lol rofl rofl rofl rofl  

spycat vs helldog777

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:34 pm
I worked very hard on my rp and it's doing fairly well but I am having a considerably hard time recruiting members.
EDIT: I know I did everything that is listed to make a successful RP.  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff