Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hypocrisy
  annoys the hell out of me
View Results

HellMistress_Frizzy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:48 am
Have you ever noticed that when a band or artist releases a second(or newer) album and their sound has evolved or changed, people very often complain they liked the old sound/album better? Yet when a band/artist releases new material that is still similar and/or faithful to their original work, people often complain that it's too much like the old stuff, that it sounds exactly the same and blah blah blah...

I don't get it, why can't people stop complaining?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:24 pm
Actually I like it when a band changes their style and releases new songs I don't like it when they play the same stuff over and over again it's just repetitive to me. So people complain about a lot of things someday I hope some of the people who do complain write their own songs and see how hard it is to come up with a new sound.  

bloodlust_angelkel

HellMistress_Frizzy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:32 pm
I don't mind the evolution, it's often a nice change, but I don't mind bands that keep a similar sound either.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:40 pm
I usually have a problem with change, but not this kind. I actually encourage it. The only change I don't like in music, is the obvious image change. Like, suddenly talking about things that didn't matter to you in your last CD. I'm sorry, but depending on what it is, and if it seems like they're following the latest trend, then I hate it.

Green Day. Suddenly it's all Anti-America. Now, I've never met them personally, so I pass no judgement on them as individuals. It just struck me as odd that out of no where they're all Anti-America; while it just so happens a majority of the teenage population is doing the same.

All my opinion, mind you.

But for things like Iron Maiden, I love it. A lot of true "metal heads" no longer classify them at metal, just because they're not screaming and coughing up their lungs in the process. I happen to like their two newest CD's. Bruce's voice is amazing; it's nice to hear it without the gruff-ness.

[/End.]

ninja  

Socks-the-Kitsune

HellMistress_Frizzy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:45 am
Greenday always had a hint of politics in their music, so the change to anti-bush and all that didn't surprize or bother me, but the whole "let's look like My Chemical Romance" image change they did is dumb...

PS: don't get me wrong, I love MCR and Greenday, I just don't think they should look the same...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:00 pm
I like both! I like some of the newer stuff and some of the older stuff. But if i don't like it i don't have to listen to but i will not complain. It is the bands style and they should not have to change it!  

Athena_Samn

brittbrat27

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:11 am
yeah thats the way it is with from first to last...people need to get over it, it isn't their music...if they wanna complain then they can go make their own music to play  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:01 am
A change is good, but not always. But I do prefer old music, when they are old and there was an evolution from it. But other then that, music is music to me. And I do get tired of repeated annoying songs.  

. C O M

~ murderd in cold blood ~

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:38 am
its in human nature to complain even if its something stupid  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:38 am
It does not matter as long as that band or singer's new album kicks a**.  

Sugihide

Hiro Cascade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:05 pm
If the musics good, no one cares about the complaining. Its when the music sucks then everyone agrees.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:21 pm
Well yes it is quiet annoying when people complain about things as such. I do complain that way every now and then but its only if a band changes their sound to the point that they don't even sound like them at all. When a band tries to make a sound that they are incapable of I get quite annoyed. PErfect Example: Pappa Roach 1st aulbum. Pappa Roach 2nd aulbum. Pappa Roach third aulbum. Listen to the hit songs off of all 3 then think about it.  

Zeitzu_J_Nkkuraitto

Virtuous Trader

4,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

Per[f u - k e d]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:18 pm
It depends on how 'huge' or 'big' the change is for me. I mean, yeah some changes would be good but like having a drastic change is like woah.

"YMS" ♪Your Music Station♫

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games