Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
PS3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you buy it anyway?
  definently
  no
  only for final fantasy
View Results

Dellah Morte

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:13 am
My lil bro watches G4 obessively, and he called me into the room the other day to watch this interview Adam was doing with these three people in the gaming industry. Apparently, on the PS3, they may put a program on it so that you cannot play used, borrowed, or copied games. Only new games from the store.

Which means, it's not going to be worth the fortune it's going to cost, I think. The onyl good thing it MIGHT have is Final Fantasy, but I don't think I'll even consider buying it unless they do remake FFVII. And I also heard the graphics aren't going to be as good as they said they would...
Just wondering what you guys were thinking about that, if you've heard...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:31 pm
Wow. I just looked it up on Google, and found an article on GameSpot here. I also saw somewhere, though, that the article is wrong. I doubt that they'd do that anyway, really.

According to the article,
SCEE PR manger Jennie Kong
PlayStation 3 software will not be copy protected to a single machine but will be playable on any PlayStation 3 console.

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Return to Glory

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:38 pm
If Sony DID put copy protection on the PS3 to that extreme, they would be done, and their next major product would destroy their entire company. My bet is that they know that. And besides, the 360 is crap, and it melts itself. (I'm not even kidding; a friend of mine got one and called me over to check it out. we got an egg half-cooked on top of it; the next day it was ruined, but it was a shoddy and rushed product, so I wasn't surprised.) And the Wii looks cool, but Nintendo just doesn't release enough games that can hold my interest to make me want one. At least with PS3, I know I'll be able to play all my old PS1 and PS2 games, I'll (hopefully) be able to play any of Sony's Blu-Ray discs I may or may not buy, and I'll have a game selection that i can trust to keep me entertained and engaged. Plus I don't really care if they re-make VII. I've got a sort of bipolar attitude as to whether they should re-make VI.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:59 pm
I'm not sure if i wanna buy it... seems like it's gonna be extremely expensive... $300+. Besides, I wouldn't buy that many games on it.  

LiemOhNoes

Klous d-Arc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:47 pm
XephyrothX
I'm not sure if i wanna buy it... seems like it's gonna be extremely expensive... $300+. Besides, I wouldn't buy that many games on it.

In the US, the full package will work out to be about $300-$600 (At most). Sad thing is in Oz it's going to be $999 for the whole thing.

I don't think I'll ever feel so sad yet so happy the same time.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:11 am
Im not going to buy it right away or at all. The system itslef will be like 600 dollars and the games are 59.99  

Soul-Dye

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:14 am
I heard that it will deffinately be $500 and I'm so excited about it that it's not gonna be a problem for me. I already paid a healthy sum of my reserve copy..... I almost have half of it paid off already. I can't wait.  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games