Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
AMD buying ATI for 5.4bil... Discuss

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jackalope2
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:17 pm
I'm thrilled at the move actually. Some may say that it could create a monopoly, but I don't think so. Intel and Nvidia are still competitive enough to keep that from happening.

Anyone else have thoughts about this?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:27 pm
I have to admit I never saw that coming. AMD and Nvidia were so buddy buddy that I never expected AMD to just buy out Nvidia's rival. I think its too bad it happened now and not later, because I really would like to buy an Intel board with SLI Nvidia support next month when I buy up all my new pc parts. But it looks like its too soon for that. =

Wooo for Core 2 Dual processors!  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

Jackalope2
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:29 pm
The thing I'd like to see in PC's in general is different 'levels'. For example, a level 1 computer would be fairly decent and cheap, and each step above it would get better in performance and the like. It would make gaming better, because the programmers could code for say, a level 3 computer and make it look great on that instead of looking at the latest and greatest hardware and coding. Today's games should be made to look great on hardware that is maybe 12 months old at the least instead of 12 seconds old or something...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:12 pm
Only suckers buy pcs. Real men make them!  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

Jackalope2
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:10 pm
Definitely!!! xd Either that, or buy a PC and salvage parts from it for something else.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:10 am
Jackelope
Definitely!!! xd Either that, or buy a PC and salvage parts from it for something else.

oh yea alot of people do that. Some I know does it, get's parts from all different computers and makes one big super one XD. But not least surpised AMD bought out ATI, they need to buy GateWay out.. -.- (my bad, lol i just caught on what names i put wrong XD)  

GreedsLittleEdo

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:47 am
Intel didnt buy AMD. AMD bought ATI. ^_^;

It's kind of like Walmart buying out Mcdonalds...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:06 am
Couldn't put it better myself Bob.

Honestly I think AMD should have merged with nVIDIA instead of buying ATI out. Although that would create a huge monopoly, the gamers would be satisfied. The best processor and graphics companies coming together. No telling what they would come up with.  

Raiju Saito

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games