Agree? Disagree?
  Agree
  Disagree
  Don't care?
  +1 for pollwhoring!
View Results

Chocolate-y Goodness

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:28 pm
Don't you just hate it, you're in a heated bidding battle refreshing like a crazy person when suddenly the seller of the item takes off the item. I get so mad twisted

People should really start bids at the minimum amount they want for a certain item  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:51 am
I do think that's unfair. I think once a bid has been placed on an item, you shouldn't be able to cancel the sale.  

Gainsborough-Aerith

Gata-Gata

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:08 am
While I agree with Sellers needing to put minimum bids on their stuff, if they want it to make a certain amount, I also think that a person who is trying to get money for that 1000 gold Item they bought has a right not to have to sell it in an auction for 20 gold. If they are ok with that price, then it is good for all parties involved. Otherwise, it is the sellers prerogative.

Lord knows I have lost out on some sweet deals because of it, but the Item on auction is still the property of the person selling until that last second is gone, and they have the right to change their minds lust like anyone else does.

If it frustrates you, maybe thinking of it this way will help. When you are bidding on an Item in marketplace, you are offering to purchase that item for a certain price. While most people see it as one up-man-ship between you and the other bidder it is also about making the seller happy, if the seller is not happy they will not sell. Often times it is just that simple.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:51 am
I found I don't like when sellers do that but then again being the hypocrite I tend to become I do the same thing. Just yesterday I had something up to place bids on and it wass worth 400 gold, I refused to let it be bid on in the last moments at just 10 gold. Doesn't seem all that fair to me. The buyer gets a badass deal but I get screwed. Naturally I took it off and put it on buy only as usual. I never liked those bid rounds for one of my items. I get screwed out of making gold. People are cheap and greedy, get over it. That's how it's always going to be.

Basically complaining about it won't do any good. Find a new bid to start bidding on. Making a big deal of it won't change how people operate. =/

Insane Vegi

Su3 D3nim

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:10 am
I really hate it when people do that. I only ever take the item off if noone has bidded on it and I want to fix a mistake I made eg. forgetting to put anything in the quantity box (which is a mistake I make alot.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:21 pm
I hate when people do that
But at the same time I sometimes do that too

PWND In The Face

stukasa-chan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:39 am
Yeah, I totally know what you mean. I almost never put bids on my items, and when I do, I put the starting bid high enough that I won't have to cancel it. Some people yank their items over and over again... Eventually I just stop trying to get items from those people altogether. ^^;;  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:14 am
I rarely use bid at all.

I did recently when I was selling my tin hat. Before that... months of just Buy It Now only.  

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150

secretillusion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:46 am
I only use the Bid option when I think people will be willing to spend time watching the item.  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games