Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you feel the same?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Nobody.2.Love

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:10 pm
I don't know maybe its me but I noticed that alot of the things in the market place are WAY out of price range, then the N.I.P.S. group is hot on newbie's trails. Isn't that kind of BS on a new level?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:03 pm
Well, a good chunk of the things on the Marketplace are donation and items that gain value over time, that might explain some of it... but you can't rule out greedy vendors and idiots, of course. gonk As for the N.I.P.S. group, I can't comment on something that I have no clue about. Care to enlighten me?  

Invalid_Account345635636

Insane Vegi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:17 pm
Basically people want to get rid of Starter sets and revert back to peasant clothing for newer people. Newbs In Peasant Stuff. Some don't feel it is fair that new people get way more than when they started. That new people don't know how it feels ot buy their first major item. Something like that. Before I cared now I don't. xD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:26 pm
Thanks for the explanation, Insane Vegi! 3nodding I can sorta see where they're coming from, but yeah, I don't think I care either.  

Invalid_Account345635636

secretillusion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:32 am
Out-of-range changes are normal for the Marketplace. Most of these will be 1k-2k more than store price or 'set price' in the Vend.

The main thing that's bothering me right now:
Users will take a little-known item and blow it up, so they profit up more than what's fair.
And example of this is the Dark Tiki Lamps. This item is worth less than 1k store price, yet people sell them for 10k? rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:40 pm
secretillusion
[...]
Users will take a little-known item and blow it up, so they profit up more than what's fair.
And example of this is the Dark Tiki Lamps. This item is worth less than 1k store price, yet people sell them for 10k? rolleyes

Oh yeah, I saw this happening with "The Gift." 500 g store price (Barton Boutique), yet I saw someone yank an auction that was at 777 g because it wasn't high enough for them. I mean, come on, people! xp  

Invalid_Account345635636

Jesan Valos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:45 pm
Savarette
secretillusion
[...]

Oh yeah, I saw this happening with "The Gift." 500 g store price (Barton Boutique), yet I saw someone yank an auction that was at 777 g because it wasn't high enough for them. I mean, come on, people! xp
I sole "the gift "
for 1000g befor some people are to lazy to go and get it out of the shop or they have so much money that they just buy it for fun....or people make a mistke in think ing it was another price....you know?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:47 pm
Jesan Valos
Savarette
secretillusion
[...]

I sole "the gift "
for 1000g befor some people are to lazy to go and get it out of the shop or they have so much money that they just buy it for fun....or people make a mistke in think ing it was another price....you know?

Well, I sorta can't say I blame you... if people want to buy it at that price, that's on them. I just find it odd.  

Invalid_Account345635636

Insane Vegi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:26 pm
I honestly refuse to sell something for higher than the store price. Sure people are lazy, sure I'm missing out on some profit, but really I dislike buying items that are higher than store price. If I can, I'll use the market as much as possible. But due to some jerks in the market place I tend to go back to the store. I was looking to buy my Piloit's Goggles lower than 4,444 but I had to go for that since the only one in the market was higher up in 5,ooo. =/

People are not checking the store price of an item, even though it is right there on the buy now/ bid now area. I look at that before I do anything with buying/bidding on an item.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:20 am
I rarely sell store items, because I just think after wasting my gold on it, why not keep it?

But if I really don't want the item, I'll sell it at or a little below store price.  

secretillusion

1: Marketplace Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff