Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
Advice on the Bachelors Caps:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

secretillusion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:39 am
Earlier I was reading a thread someone posted in the Vending Guild about the Bachelors Caps. They referenced a thread that looked like it came from here, so I thought I could help you guys out some.

When a game item comes out, and you want to profit on it, the best method is to sell at peak. A game item bought with points from the game will rise in price for a short time, then drop deep and hold. Why?
Because the game's points are easy to obtain, almost every user on GaiaOnline could get that item in a maximum of two hours. That's playing the game, not buying it with gold.

So I wouldn't advise anyone to hoard before selling. The amount of caps on Gaia will only rise as users turn in their Bachelor Credits. Prices will drop, so sell now.
If my prediction is correct, in less than a week these caps won't be worth scrap.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:42 pm
Hmm. Thanks for the advice. I was going to hoard until the rest of the Bachelors/Masters/etc. set came out and then compare prices, but you're right, I do see them falling. And it's not like I can't get any more credits... so yeah, I'll start selling.  

Invalid_Account345635636

secretillusion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:16 am
That's what I figured. Might as well sell whatever you have, because we can always go back later and get one for free! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:31 am
I think now I'm going to stop selling ym credits for gold. (Like I already did with about 500 of them....) and invest in the master items as soon as they appear. That sounds like a good plan.  

Gainsborough-Aerith

secretillusion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:19 am
It sounds like an excellent plan. 3nodding

The Bachelor Creds are one thing, but the others are harder to obtain. So naturally, hoarding those credits is a good idea. When they release the masters and doctorates items, you could use the credits you saved to trade in and sell them.

If it doesn't look like they'll drop you could keep on with that and make great profits.
The reason those items might not drop as fast is because the credits are harder to get. I hate to say it, but most Gaians are very, very lazy. We want what we want, and we want it fast.
Which is one of the reasons people overprice items- lazy Gaians buy fast. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:00 pm
I just sold 37 of them at 300 each.
Fun stuff.

Considering I bought the tickets at 1 gold each a month ago.
(btw I'm new to this guild, so hi)

Mr. Kenny

Lancelots Demon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:35 pm
It doesn't matter to me, I play the game until I loose and the hats have already fallen. What noone is saying is that when the prices of the hats drop, without new items so will the price of the tickets.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:42 pm
Mr. Kenny
I just sold 37 of them at 300 each.
Fun stuff.

Considering I bought the tickets at 1 gold each a month ago.
(btw I'm new to this guild, so hi)

I posted on your topic, so...yeah. xd
I'm new too, hi. mrgreen

unbesiegbar
It doesn't matter to me, I play the game until I loose and the hats have already fallen. What noone is saying is that when the prices of the hats drop, without new items so will the price of the tickets.

They'll rise again, and the whole circle of rise and drop will keep happening until all the items aren't a big deal.
...Until everyone and their brothers have five. rofl  

secretillusion

1: Marketplace Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces