relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
Question?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you pay more for something in the marketplace when you could get it cheaper in the stores?
  Yes
  No
  I don't know?
View Results

thrasher87

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:01 am
Okay here's the story: There is this Dark Tuxedo Coat that I wanted, and it only costs 2500 in the stores. I wanted to try to get it cheaper in the Marketplace. But, the selling prices are ridiculous, and people are bidding 3000+ for this coat that only costs 2500. Why are they doing this? I was just wondering if y'all knew. It's probably because they don't know how much it costs, but it says on the bidding screne the store cost. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:23 am
I've always wondered about this as well... It's kinda weird isn't it? .... I guess you're right though, people might just not notice...  

Jupiter Lightning

corporal muttonchops

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:42 am
Golden rule of economics my friends:

People are easily fooled. If somebody wants the same thing as them, they are willing to soen ridiculous amounts of money to buy it, just to spite the other person  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:17 am
Yeah, that's the idea I got yesterday when I was bidding on that item. At first the bid price was 1000, then 2000, then 3000! That's when I decided that this was stupid. It only costs 2500! They were bidding quickly too. I guess I'm just going to buy it in the stores. I did have a bid in this one particular persons store(I'm not going to name names), but he can deleting the sell and starting over. I'm frustrated by this. stressed scream I am just going to wait until, I have enough to buy it in the store. eek xp  

thrasher87

ShyGuy2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:18 am
Maybe you're on to something... By 10 dark tuxedo coats in the store, sell them in the marketplace for the going price, and you've made an easy 5k!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:19 pm
Good idea! I would do it if I had the money. sad  

thrasher87

1: Marketplace Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas