Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragonfire: Dragonriders of Pern Rp

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dragonriders of Pern 

Reply Fire of Dragons
Rules and Announcements ((NEW!! Must Read!!))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you really read the rules?
  Yep, and I will obey!
  I read 'em...*shifty eyes*
  NO! I HATE YOU! LEAVE ME ALONE!
  What's with all the rules...o.o
View Results

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:39 pm
Main rules. That's pretty much all that needs to be said about them. If I deem it necessary (which I better not have to), I will add more. Hopefully not, since there are a lot of 'em. xd

1. Follow Gaia TOS. (Seriously, it's so basic. It's sad I have to say it.)

2. No cybering. If your character's dragon mates, that's fine. But don't rp it. No matter what happens, this rule is ALWAYS in effect. PG-13. No exceptions.

3. Romance is encouraged. I mean, duh, it's a Weyr. What do you expect? Two riders whose dragons mate may or may not become weyrmates, depending on what they decide. But keep it PG-13, or you get banned.

4. No godmoding...ever! I don't care if you have permission. Just don't do it.

5. You can and will get hurt and make mistakes. It's why we have healers, after all. ^^

6. Don't use multiple puncuation. Shards, this guild is LITERATE!!!! (Hipicracy(sp?) intended.)

7. Rp like you were really on Pern. Always use the Pern equivalent, even with cursing and oaths and whatnot.

8. No flaming. Characters can be friends or enemies, but try to be nice to the users. Especially people with authority. (I can ban you, remember?)

9. Multiple characters are allowed and encouraged. Your first character is your main character and is automatically approved. You can't have more than one character try for Impression at the same time. If you must make another characer, just for the heck of it, make sure you're a transfer and wait to be approved.

10. Your dragon color will be chosen by me based on your character's personality (hint hint).

11. Please post in a readable font size (a.k.a. "normal") and a readable font color. If you decide to use pale or blinding colors, then don't be surprised if no one can read it.

12. You may breed a queen firelizard with a bronze or brown. Browns do not produce egs. The owner of the queen will distribute the eggs to whomever he/she wishes. Same applies with greens, though they may mate with any color. Their clutches will produce small firelizards and very few eggs. There will be no bronzes or queens and few browns.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Hey this is Dragon_Lady_Selene, your co-captain. I have noticed that some of you haven't really read everything so here is something you MUST remember about dragons.

Gold only bond to heterosexual females

Bronze only bond to heterosexual males

Brown only bond to heterosexual males

Blue bond to both bisexual males and females

Green bond to both bisexual males and females

Please note this when making either transfer riders or candidites. Also, no transfer rider may be a gold rider unless approved by BOTH greenrider_calidar and myself. We don't want to be overrun with golds after all. Thanks for your cooperation.  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:25 pm
Okay, we appreciate that people have created all these candidates, but let's face it: they're almost all girls. So, I'm changing the whole 'only one candidate on the grounds' thing.

You may have more that one candidate per Hatching, but only every third candidate may be a female from now on.

This is because the ratio of male to female riders on figting dragons is, like, 5 to 1. It's probably a greater difference than that. After all, Mirrim was the first female to ride a fighting dragon, and that was only in the middle of the 9th Pass. There's bound to have been some opposition, even since then.

Thanks,

greenrider_calidar
(Guild Captain)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:46 pm
Okay everybody, I have just created a guild mule. Her name is DragonFireRider. She has the position of "crew" and will be used, from here on out, to pm the members of our guild. To those members who are inactive, you will inevitably receive a message from her. She is not a rider of Ieirne Weyr, she is not a regular gaia member, but she will be used for this guild. That's all. Her friendlist is empty of anyone not in the guild, her profile is plain, and she will not answer pms that do not pertain to the guild directly. You will all receive a friend request from DragonFireRider. You will accept this request. She will pm you only to impart to you messages pertaining to the guild. In accordance with this, if a member of the guild wishes to speak of the guild (whether of problems, ideas, suggestions, etc.) to a guild mod, then you will pm DragonFireRider and state whatever it is you wish to state clearly and without preamble. You will all try to use the English language to the best of your abilities, or I won't understand you.

~greenrider  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:52 pm
As of 4 September 2007, we are skipping forward once again. This time it is two Turns. Which means that all male dragons are mature, and they and the green riders might be getting on with training, while the queen riders are trained in the queens' wing. We'll work it out as we go along. Time Skip Two Turns Ahead!

~greenrider_calidar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:38 pm
Here's a call for all Candidites! Golden Wreth has risen and Ierne will soon have a clutch on the sands. If you are an interested candidite, you need to send a PM to Dragon_Lady_Selene with the following information:

Candidite Name:
Summary of Character Personality:
Color Preferred: (first, second, and third choice)

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:39 am
Okay folks, listen up! Gold Wreth has risen. Her catcher was Bronze Voliath. His rider D'ran is now a Wingleader and Kes is Ierne Weyr's new Junior Weyrwoman. With this in mind we have another time jump for the entire weyr. This one is exactly seven months and covers the flight, the pregnancy, and Wreth clutching. There are now eggs on the hatching sands, twenty to be exact. Make sure to take note of the time jump in your roleplays.

Fire of Dragons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games