Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amazedisgrace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:21 pm
Alright, odd moment.
I've been in a relationship for 2 years now,
I'm not sure if I want to be in it too much longer.
The guy can be, sensitive and feels he can't live
without me, and don't get me wrong I love the
guy, I just feel it's time for me to date other
people. I rarely dump people so what
should I do? Or say?

He also isn't the nicest guy I've been with
but he doesn't beat me or anything horrible.
*shrug*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:11 am
well, I do think it rather weird that just like that you think you should date other people, yet still say you love the guy. If you still love him, why would you want to dump him? [notice, not criticising, just giving my thought]. So under those circumstances, I don't think you still love him...the flame, it seems, has estinguished...and if so, then you should not keep it up, you'll hurt both him and yourself. Furthermore, when you do break up with him, tell him the truth, don't make stuff up. It's really annoying when people lie just to "soften things up" softening is all about choice of WORDS, not choice of FACTS. So be completely honest, But BE SURE this IS what you want. think it through. Don't break up just like that, without considering those 2 years, what you have been through with him, and all. That's what you should do and say...at least I think that sweatdrop  

Sotur

cheerchik

Hilarious Smoker

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:31 pm
i think you should just let him down easily by saying "im sorry but i think its time to see other people". but you dont have to say it in person. you can tell him over the phone, text message, e-mail, etc. but one thing you cannot do is dont have your friend do it for you. it makes you seem like a wimp. and it isnt very good for your reputation.

heart cheer  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:07 pm
if u dont want to still date him and dont want to loose him as a friend i think u should tell him 1 on 1.if u tell him in front of people thats just rude (but we all have done that before).tell him as if you are sorry for what happend.  

lady-loveable

navybluewolf2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:17 am
if ya break up with him if it already hasn't happen don't say we can still be friends I personally hate that. also it depends on how old you are you don't want to tie yourself down to one guy after your lifes just begun. I think thats how most relatonships are ruined they've only known the one in a relationship like that then it gets old quick and they loose the love as you guys were saying.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:24 am
Yeah we're only in our late teens
and he wants to marry me. I can't
get married, that's just insane. It's
really a difficult situation and I would
never break up with him through
e-mail after 2 years, that's
inconsiderate.

amazedisgrace

cheerchik

Hilarious Smoker

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:28 am
try saying it face to face then
sit him down and tell him what your feeling
he may cry and beg you back
but if you really dont want him he has to except it

break ups over the phone work too
they dont hurt as much then as in person
(said my ex)
ive been dumped one time
and it killed me
but the only reason it hurt so bad is that he didnt do it himself
he has my bestfriend do it =[

but anyway, just do what i said the first time
tell himn face to face

and as for marrige. tell him you want to be in school longer
and have more money or something..  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:09 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Give a kitten milk and he'll be full for a day.

Actually, I would like to (as politely as possible, please don't take any of this personally) point out that the only proper way to break up with someone is face-to-face. I've been through many relationships, each ending differently and some through phone calls or text messages. I would like to say that there is nothing more disgusting and degrading than being broken up with via anything other than face-to-face. I'm still great friends with the few that had the nerve to break up with me in person. The others I dismissed as scum that weren't worth my time anymore because they didn't care enough to not hide behind some electronic device.

That's just my opinion, and I hope I haven't just indirectly insulted anyone here.

My advice to the original poster: if you must break up with him, do it in person. Those two years that were invested in the relationship...it's worth the dignity of a proper break-up. Both of you deserve it if that's the path that's best taken.
Teach a kitten to hunt and he'll be full for life. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Azraella Caine

Distinct Bloodsucker

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces