Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel Allerisse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:42 am
The Exploding Cactus
From David Emery,

As told by Ileen Verble...

Here's one my mother told me as breathless fact, claiming she'd "heard it on the news." I knew immediately that it had to be a urban legend, but have never heard it again...

A woman goes to buy a large cactus from a nursery, and brings it home. Later that day she notices something very odd. The cactus appears to be breathing! She calls the nursery she purchased the cactus from and says, "I know this sounds crazy, but I think my cactus is breathing."

The woman she is speaking to tells her to immediately get out of the house, and that she (the nursery woman) is going to call the bomb squad. The bomb squad comes to the house and loads the cactus into a van. Just as they get it into the van, the cactus explodes and out come thousands of scorpions!

It seems that several scorpions had laid their eggs in the cactus, and they all hatched at once.

Note: I don't find this one scary. A tad bit boring...I'm a bit surprised it made the list.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:48 am
Step away from the cactus! wahmbulance  

Seighart Fennel

Eirisse
Vice Captain

Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:12 am
More of an irrational fear for me...it seems a tad bit impossible.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:44 am
uh.. where did you find that article?  

eBil xMArion hYbRid
Crew

re_animation
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:48 pm
P a i
The Exploding Cactus
From David Emery,

As told by Ileen Verble...

Here's one my mother told me as breathless fact, claiming she'd "heard it on the news." I knew immediately that it had to be a urban legend, but have never heard it again...

A woman goes to buy a large cactus from a nursery, and brings it home. Later that day she notices something very odd. The cactus appears to be breathing! She calls the nursery she purchased the cactus from and says, "I know this sounds crazy, but I think my cactus is breathing."

The woman she is speaking to tells her to immediately get out of the house, and that she (the nursery woman) is going to call the bomb squad. The bomb squad comes to the house and loads the cactus into a van. Just as they get it into the van, the cactus explodes and out come thousands of scorpions!

It seems that several scorpions had laid their eggs in the cactus, and they all hatched at once.

Note: I don't find this one scary. A tad bit boring...I'm a bit surprised it made the list.

interesting  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:14 pm
This is why I never do any gardening! mad  

The_Lazarus

JlouCherrySodaPop

7,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:16 pm
You should send some of these in to the Byth Busters ^^ lolz  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:53 pm
The_Lazarus
This is why I never do any gardening! mad

yeah just let mum and dad do it rofl  

re_animation
Crew

Eirisse
Vice Captain

Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:41 am
eBil xMArion hYbRid
uh.. where did you find that article?

Some site in the net, I forgot which one though...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:10 pm
Yeah, that one isn't really scary, but it could get someone rather paranoid if they had a cactus with them. xD

`+____paperhearts

Ralina

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:15 pm
stare lame  
City of the Damned

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out