Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)
day of Fate ( open and accepting!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:44 pm
The Day of Fate

Once upon a time, there was a beloved queen. Her name was Queen Adelle. This queen was respected and admired by all. Or so everyone thought.

There was one clan, which lived outside the bounds of the capital, who hated Queen Adelle. They hated what she represented, they hated the way the crowds cheered for her, and the way her power reached even to the outside empires but most of all, they hated her smile. This clan was the Clan Ludlow.

One chilly mid spring’s night, Queen Adelle sat alone in her dressing room. She sat at her vanity, on count number 97 of one hundred brushes of her chestnut colored hair. Her husband, good King Arden, was at the other end of the hall, working on a few last treaties. A war had just ended. All was peaceful. Or it was supposed to be anyway.

Queen Adelle looked up when she heard the knob of her door turn. She set down her brush, planning to finish her nightly brushing later. She wore a teasing smile on her lightly colored lips. ‘You finished early, dear?’ she asked, assuming it was her husband. There was no answer. She stood facing the door and pulling her robe closer to her body. Her husband usually answered. The door swung open. A youth stood in front of her, his wild oak hair in his face, and his ice colored eyes staring intensely at Queen Adelle. She had never seen this boy before. She knew her staff at the castle; she talked with them. He was not apart of the servants. ‘Who are you, boy?’ She asked, trying to subdue her fear.
‘I am Arik of the clan of Ludlow. I have been sent to kill you, Queen Adelle.’ He answered his voice was dangerously low. She prepared herself to scream, but as quick as lightning he shut the door, and covered her mouth. She did not know her two guards lied in the adjacent room, bleeding profusely from the slits in their necks. In a flash the deed was done. The queen, in all of her glory, was dead.

An hour later, King Arden knocked on her door. ‘M’lady,’ he called, ‘’tis time for bed. Come.’ He opened wide the door. He wished he had not entered when he saw Adelle’s corpse on the floor bathing in her own blood. Arden entered her dressing room and sat on the floor next to his beloved. He held her, crying, wishing she would wake up. She did not. The peasants and even the court came to know this day as “The Day of Fate”.

At first, King Arden was too deep into his depression to do anything. Several months passed, and nothing was done to find the late queen’s murderer. But soon King Arden’s grief grew. His depression turned into wrath. He craved vengeance. His spies collected information about the murderer and Arden found out it was the Clan Ludlow’s doing. He wanted to make them pay dearly. He wanted them all dead. His most trusted advisor, Duke Cahal Bowyn, tried to talk him out of the slaughter. His two children, Princess Ena and Prince Neil, also tried. The three failed.

Duke Cahal Bowyn was slain by king’s orders under the pretense of treason, Princess Ena was killed by mutiny and Prince Neil road his fastest horse away from his crazed father and the declining empire. King Arden was alone. After this, all Hell broke loose. The slaughter took place on the second year of the anniversary of Queen Adelle’s death.

The Clan Ludlow was ready for the king. They were a large clan—second largest in the empire. They had connections with people all over the city and they were the cause of Princess Ena’s death as well as Queen Adelle’s. Princess Ena reminded them of the late queen; they predicted that when Ena took her place as queen she would serve as her mother did. They would not allow that. A clan member working as a guard for Ena killed her. She had been praying alone in the chapel.

The king, his knights, and loyal fighters came upon the land of Ludlow. The Clan was standing in their fields, watching the advancing royal and his mass of men with their distinctive pale blue eyes. An emotion flickered in the head of Ludlow’s eyes, it was hard to define. He set his jaw and bowed. ‘Your majesty,’ he spoke stiffly, ‘Why are you here?’
‘I believe you know, Lord Naois, my brother.’ Answered the king, equally stiff, ‘your people killed my queen.’ He raised his sword, his horse reared.
‘I believe, your majesty, that there is no point in telling you lies.’ Lord Naois answered, smirking, ‘I am an honest man and as such I will not lie. We killed your late wife, Queen Adelle. We are also responsible for your daughter, Princess Ena’s death.’ King Arden shook in anger.
‘Then die, murderer.’ The king said, her swung his sword, before him at his brother, Lord Naois was dead. Lord Naois allowed himself to be slain. It was time for the clan to move on its own. It was not a very good plan.

The next morning, hundreds of bodies littered Ludlow’s lands. The king was given his revenge; without knowing so, he slaughtered Arik, his queen’s murderer. Among the dead were many of the king’s knights and loyal fighters, only half of what was a mass of men were remaining. Screeches of pain had filled the night’s air. Frightening clashes of swords kept the villagers awake. Their respect for their king turned to fear when the king came through the village, heading towards the castle. He was holding his shoulder and limping. His armor was stained crimson in his enemy’s blood. All feared him.

King Arden made a mistake in the battle, however. He did not know the true numbers of the clan. Ten members remained alive. Four men, four women and two children. It was their time of mourning now. In one day, the lost 200 people they loved. Friends and family were corpses now, staining the grass scarlet with their blood. They tried to bury their dead, but there was not enough land. One thing was definite: They wanted true revenge. However, they were more intelligent then their predecessors, they would wait.

Contents:

1. Day of Fate (Story line)
2. The place we call Home (Setting/plot)
3. Choose wisely (Alliances to choose)
4. Are you a spy? (Occupations to choose)
5. The Laws you must abide by (Rules)
6. How do I join the cause? (how to join)
7. The Clan's forces (Ludlow's profiles)
8. The King's forces (Arden's loyalist profiles)
9. The forces in the middle (the neutral profiles)
10. What happened? (updates)
11. Reserved
12. Reserved

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:47 pm
The Place We call Home

nineteen years have passed since the Day of Fate. It was the seventeenth anniversary of the Ludlow Slaughter. More children baring the Ludlow name were born, more grew up and had children. The Ludlow is ready.

We are in a place much like Ireland or Scotland long ago. There are ruling kings in different empires, but we are focusing on King Arden of the empire near the sea. (name to come soon). It is a medieval society but only similar to the actual history of the world's medieval period (meaning the stuff we all learned in history class)

There have been outbreaks of battles and rebellions. The king has not lost his lust for blood and the whole empire is in a chaotic state. Some people are for the king some people are against him. We are here to decide. Who will win?

Contents:

11. Reserved
12. Reserved

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:48 pm
Choose Wisely

The King's Loyalists:

King Arden still has a few followers. Whether these followers are distant relatives (not immediate family members please.), if they are following Arden because they loved Queen Adelle and Princess Ena, or if they fear him, they are still loyal to him. These people will fight for him and die for him. They will defend him against all.

The Clan's Survivors:

The King Killed almost all of the clan of Ludlow. These people sympathize the clan or they are part of it. The new head--Lord Naois' brother, and the King's brother--is seeking vengance. He wants to kill the king, his older brother. People of this alliance are rebellious and secretive. They hide from the king but can still get on with their lives.

The People in the Middle:

These people are not completely neutral--they cannot be. But they cannot make up their minds. Stay loyal to the king? Or sympathize the Ludlow? They have had members of family or friends die by the king's sword or the clan's arrows but they've had the King grace them with a smile or the clan's protection afterwords. What to do?

Contents:

11. Reserved
12. Reserved

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:57 pm
Are You a Spy?

The King's Loyalists:

Most of the loyalists live in the castle with the king. A few are towns people with regular trades and he has many spies.

The loyalists in the castle have occupations such as: Knighthood. Advisers (though only two), planners, map makers, armory, maids, kitchen hands.. and many more occupations.

The Clan's Survivors:

Forced to live in secrecy, only a few of the sympathizers of the clan are actually in the castle. This includes a select number of knights and a few spies.

Most of the sympathizers like in the village where they sell their trade and still more a farmers.

These people have a lot of freedom in their occupations. Many serve inside the castle, many are in the villages, and still others are farmers. Anywhere there is an opinion, a neutral can be found.

In the castle, they serve as knights, maids, kitchen hands, armorers.. and many more. They cannot be Advisers, however. To be an advisor you must swear your loyalty and neutral people cannot do that truthfully.

In the village, many serve in the trades. Some have shops they run, others have plots of land. Some are farmers, others are merchants

Not many of these people are spies--why should they be? They have ears, yes, but they hardly ever have superiors to tell their news to. They keep the information to themselves and that helps to shape the opinions that they form.

Contents:

11. Reserved
12. Reserved

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:58 pm
The Laws You must Abide by:

1. follow guild rules

2. on your first post, post "Adelle" so I know you read the rules

3. fighting is okay, just ask permission to kill, in fact: no killing

4. Romance is strongly encouraged; keep it at pg 13 at the most though

5. No making fun of people... it's not fun.

6. You may be a total of 2 characters if you wish but no more than that.

7. Follow Gaia rules/guild rules

8. No god modding

9. If you are a spy, please tell me if you are in the castle or out in the village or whatever. If you are a freelance spy, please inform me which side you will be telling the information to so I can place you accordingly.

10. please post more than a line or two. Have multiple lines so we have more to go off of.

11. To join see post: "How do I join the cause?"

12. Please, please please use semi lit form this means: Third person, no "R" meaning "are" and "u" meaning "you. Just be semi literate please!

13. Please read the first post: I know it is long, but it is extremely important!

I have the right to add (or delete) rules as I see fit

Contents:

11. Reserved
12. Reserved

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:02 pm
How do I join the Cause?

use this Profile form:

[color=salmon]
[b]Gaia name:[/b]

[b]Character name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]gender:[/b]

[b]alliance:[/b](if you are neutral, you must sway a little. So put on here where you tend to sway: Loyalist or Sympathizer)

[b]Occupation:[/b] (if you are a spy, state what position you are posing as)

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Strength(s):[/b] (Only up to four)

[b]Weakness(es):[/b] (You must have a minimum of four)

[b] Weapons: [/b]

[b]History:[/b](you must have one. say why your character chose his/her alliance.)

[b]Appearance: [/b](no "look at avi". Must either be a description or a pic. For pics, please link it. Don't img it. Thanks!)

[/color]

PM it to me with the title "the day of Fate". Wait for my "Okay" before posting here

Contents:

11. Reserved
12. Reserved

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:03 pm
The Clan's Forces

The Head of Ludlow (over 40. Male.):

The three remaining men (all over 35):

The Four Remaining women (All over 35):

The two children that grew up: (over twenty):

The rest of the clan living on the land:

Inside the Castle:

Knights(total of 4):

Spies (total of 7):

Outside the Castle:

Artisans:

Farmers:

Spies:

Tradesmen/women:

Contents:

11. Reserved
12. Reserved

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:06 pm
The King's Forces

In the Castle:

King Arden:
~

The king's advisers (2):

Knights:

Sevants:

Artisans:

Outside the Castle

Spies:

Tradesmen/women:

Contents:

11. Reserved
12. Reserved

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:07 pm
The Forces In the Middle:

If an occupation is missing, please feel free to put it on your profile.

Inside castle

Freelance Spies:

Maids:

Artisans:

Outside castle:

Freelance Spies:

Farmers

Merchants:

Tradesmen/women:

Castle maids that live outside of the castle:

Quote:

Gaia name: Psychotic__GAL

Character name: Aysel Bowyn

alliance: Neutral buy she sways to a sympathizer of the Ludlow Clan

Personality: Ay is witty, smart and flirty. She can hide her emotions well and she can be a bit dark. She is clever and mischievous and she is hardly ever noticed--except if she wants to be. She is also friendly and energetic. She is trusting but wary at the same time.

Strength(s): She's a good sneak, getting information out of people, judging personalities accurately upon first meeting. She is an expert archer

Weakness(es): She holds grudges, can seem like a very judgemental, she is no good at hand to hand combat. She has a hard time making up her mind. Her curiousity almost kills her like the cat.

Weapons: bows/arrowsl. A dagger

History:Aysel Bowyn is the Duke Cahal Bowyn's daughter. He died when she as two, but she still remembers him. When the duke was executed under the pretense of treason, Ay's mom turned bitter. Even though the king took care of the two of them, Aysel's mother never trusted him again. When she gained enough money, Ammelie, Aysel's mother, took everything they owned and moved to a small cottage in the village. Aysel learned to hate the king--though still like him. She also learned of the Ludlow story and felt bad for them. She felt like she thought they did when her mother died, alone in the world.

Appearance:
Ay
She is blond, however, with grey-green eyes. (and not so much make up!)

Contents:

11. Reserved
12. Reserved

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:10 pm
What Happened?

November 20, 2006: Plot written (took me so long!) and thread created.
Open for business

Contents:

11. Reserved
12. Reserved

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:11 pm
Reserved

Contents:

11. Reserved
12. Reserved

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:13 pm
Reserved

Contents:

11. Reserved

12. Reserved

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games