Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
What's up with FFXII?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll.
  Mmmm.... gold....
  Hmph! Stupid poll...
View Results

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:06 am
I'm having a problem with my FFXII. Ever since I went through the Golmore Jungle, I'm unable to enter the Giza Plains. Like, literally. Everytime I go through any passage into it, the screen goes black and remains to play the music of the place I was just at, but it never changes into the Giza Plains. What the Heck?!
Have any of you had any problens with any games like this? I'm thinking it's the disc so I cleaned it, but it makes no difference! Someone help me!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:58 am
I know exaclt where you are, and I did much of my wanderings at that very point in the game with no problems like that. Is it just when you try to enter from Ozmone, or have you tried teleporting to the other side and entering from Rabanastre? Also, have you seen what happens if you try it on a different save file, say you start a new game... could you enter Giza then? If you're still having problems even after seeing what happens from there... I'd say there's a problem with the disc, or your PS2's lens... and if that's the case, there's nothin I can do to help ya. .... try getting a dvd lens cleaner and running it through your PS2, I used to have to do that before my last PS2 burned out so give that a try.  

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Xcaliber= Xpwn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:32 pm
Maluc Fieri
I know exaclt where you are, and I did much of my wanderings at that very point in the game with no problems like that. Is it just when you try to enter from Ozmone, or have you tried teleporting to the other side and entering from Rabanastre? Also, have you seen what happens if you try it on a different save file, say you start a new game... could you enter Giza then? If you're still having problems even after seeing what happens from there... I'd say there's a problem with the disc, or your PS2's lens... and if that's the case, there's nothin I can do to help ya. .... try getting a dvd lens cleaner and running it through your PS2, I used to have to do that before my last PS2 burned out so give that a try.

Not much you can do to help the situation if its a hardware problem, but like Maluc said, try getting a dvd lens cleaner. Its availiable at Radio Shack for 22.99 and it includes a system diagnostic, which will help you figure out if its the ps2 or the cd. It could also be your account, but there wont be much you can do if it is.
Good luck!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:51 am
Your PS2 LCD light may not be strong enough to read the disc or dirty. Take a Q - tip (the thingy to clean youu ears with xp )and put alcohol on it than lightly rub the LCD lens than with the other end Dry it pass it through gently to see if that works.  

Azul y Mar

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:18 pm
If you think it's your disk, try renting or borrowing FFXII and see if it works when you use a different CD.  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games