Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official How to Draw Manga Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: artist, manga, anime, draw, learn 

Reply Comic Creators/Manga-ka
WELCOME! To the comic creators/manga-ka sub!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katriana

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:00 pm
So you're probably here wondering what this sub is, and why it's here.
Well, I'll tell you.

1) To find people to collaborate with on comic/manga.
2) To spitball ideas around. Sometimes you might have a story you're stuck on, or an idea you're not sure about, so you can discuss them here.
3) Get feedback specifically on your comic/manga. Sometimes it's not easy to fix a problem with your storyline or panel layout when people are just commenting on the art.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:10 am
So do we just write our comments here?
OK.

Alright well I have a serious problem with how to start off my manga (which is kinda stupid cansidering I have already written about 80 episodes) I mean I started out with ya know one of those scenes of kids walking home from school ( last day of school) but then I changed it to starting off at one of the main character's house. I don't want it to actually state what the story is about in the first few minutes.

By the way its a sci fi but I don't want it to seem that way at first (to attract a larger audiance) so I don't want to start off on a space ship or somthing out there  

KoYuki13

JuneBerry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:25 pm
No, make a topic. 3nodding Technical questions about what is allowed in this forum goes in this topic.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:59 pm
Comic creators/Manga-ka?

is Ka an ending for creation?

so... if I have a story about something, and need help, I can ask here I guess...

Quote:
Sometimes it's not easy to fix a problem with your storyline or panel layout when people are just commenting on the art.

does this mean that I can ask someone to help me with the paneling of my manga?... and frames?  

Andru Noyola

Dapper Genius

Katriana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:01 am
Yep, you got it AndoruSaN. Manga-ka just refers to people who create manga, which is really just the Japanese word for comics, so the subforum's title is a bit redundant.
And yep, this is the right spot to go to for help on those issues. Just be sure to start a new thread- like Juney said, the announcement is just for technical questions about what belongs in this sub.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:44 pm
kk, cool. And thanks wink

Actually... some refer to Manga as Japanese comics, and just Comics as American... so the name isnt all redundant 3nodding  

Andru Noyola

Dapper Genius

ChibiMiharu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:00 am
As an aspiring manga artist, i can say that if you're gonna write a manga, you've really got to have a solid idea to work with. You've got to decide what genre its going to be and most importantly what roles the characters play.

CHARACTERS.

I cannot stress this enough, but sometimes when i read fan manga, its a thing that keeps popping up. You have GOT to make characters original, female versions of Edward Elric are not OK at all.

Also, as well as making original characters its a good idea to make them distinguishable from your other characters. They should have different hairstyles and clothes and a variety of expressions. Like one characters smile should be different from anothers.

Characters (forgive me) characteristics should really show their personality. If you have a cutesy character, they should really match that in personality.
If a character has pink hair, it usually shows a bubbly attitude.
Do you get what i mean?

Also, having an anime style makes manga interesting. If you have your own style of drawing eyes, use it. It makes reading your piece a lot more interesting  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:20 pm
Coming from a cartoonist with little experience (I mean myself, of course), You should stress yourself with so many projects at once, like I have. It should also help that when making a comic / manga, you should have a story board and not solely go off of, what's on the top of your head. Doing this will make the project longer than what it needs to be which could make it, uninteresting by work or reading.

Right now, I'm working on one major story, two different comics, and some posters that I plan on creating. If you wish to see what I have been up to, just follow the link on my signature. Don't worry, it's nothing nasty or poverted but I put a lot of work into it.

Also, if your drawing or art looks funny and it's suppose to be don't worry, some jokes go unnotice.

Thinking about this, I should draw some more. I have a lot of work to do on my projects, but little to actually do them. but if you want to see what I'm about, just check the deviant art link.  

Viper_1

Versatile Hunter

5,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

MetaPixel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:24 pm
AndoruSaN
Comic creators/Manga-ka?

is Ka an ending for creation?

so... if I have a story about something, and need help, I can ask here I guess...

Quote:
Sometimes it's not easy to fix a problem with your storyline or panel layout when people are just commenting on the art.

does this mean that I can ask someone to help me with the paneling of my manga?... and frames?

not creation, but a suffix that can be added to certain words to mean the person who does ----. So mangaka is someone who makes manga.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:35 pm
Manga,Manhwa,Manhua,Comics; It depends where you live.
The name was introduced by a Japanese artist called Hokusai in the 1800s.
The name i like to refer to manga as would be 'Whimsical Sketches'.
Beautifull..  

Shinji Shingetsu

Comic Creators/Manga-ka

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces