Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
What if Im not accepted into the art college?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GrimBurger

10,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:14 pm
Im about to apply to the college of arts in the University of Arizona. I have my portfolio ready to send but then some people told me my art is too comic-looking and colleges dont like that. They want realistic work. What if Im not accepted into the Bachelor of Fine arts program? What do I do then? Im panicking! gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:38 pm
Well, I think you should go ahead and send it in and see what happens. Don't let fear stop you from at least trying. I have scenarios for you:

1. You don't send it in because your afraid they won't like your art= you have no chance of getting in

2. You send it in, but they turn you down= Maybe you can apply for a different college or go to a community college and then transfer after a year or two

3. You send it in, and you get in= you're happy!

Personally, I think you'd like scenario three best. So go ahead, send in your portfolio and hope for the best! biggrin The person who told you that they might not like your art might've just been trying to freak you out of it. Or maybe they were just giving you a heads up. You'll never know unless you at least try. Then there's always the transfering option if you don't get in right away. Hope I helped at least some!  

Ayllin

Sotur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:35 pm
ayllin's right. if u don't even send it, u obviousloy won't get in. u have to at least try. if u don't get in, u can apply to another. but u have to try. that's the beggining of evrythin  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games