Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
PSYCHOLOGY!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

klausolas

Jeering Capitalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:15 am
I plan on going into psychology. I find the mind vey interesting  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:37 am
woo hoo for Freuds (1856-1939) Oedipus and Electra Complexes rofl
i'm in psych right now sweatdrop ths is great now i can test my knowledge before exams . . . maybe

but really the only thing that people still hold useful from Freud (and added on to by his daughter Anna) are defense mechanisms projection, wit and humor, (s**t i should know more), well there are more but i can't remember right now . . .

well that and psychoanalysis that's a wide field too but really any pshychologist is used today to contradict or revamp exept for the Gestalts (poor Wolfgang Kohler)  

HallucenigenicA-ComaSAK

butterflygirlGK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:48 am
psychology is interesting, but dealing with crazy people on a daily basis is completely different... as someone that works in the medical field I could not stand to be at a mental instution all the time....  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:13 pm
One could say I love psychology. I graduated with a BS in child and adolescent psychology in 2004. I haven't done much with it yet (I am interviewing for a job Tuesday to work with young people with MRDD). I do plan on one day going to get my masters but so far life has kinda got in the way (lack of money, getting married, having my son, and now currently expecting a second peanut). If anyone ever wants to chat about anything psych related feel free to send a pm my way. I am a little rusty but I did keep all my textbooks so I can easily brush up!!! blaugh  

Syllandra

yay_caffeine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:54 pm
I did take psychology in high school and have had textbooks on the subject since 5th grade. I think it is an interesting field to study but I'm not sure I would want to persue a career in it. Besides, most people think I'm crazy.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:20 pm
I'm taking honors psychology in high school.
and oh wow, do you learn a lot.
that actually is quite useful.

me and my friend are doing our project
for this psych fair on Interpreting Dreams.
pretty excited.

kladbishche

musicfreak42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:28 pm
Psychology is interesting.. especially seeing how a lot of psychological disorders relate to high IQ.. and that's basically all I know about it, cuz I stole some reading material from my mom on the subject... oh yeah and I read this nursing textbook in 6th grade... however, I found the nervous system section quite.. standard, outdated, noninformative.. kk done. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:24 pm
ladyarcher85
Define normal first...

I believe we all are crazy to some extent. biggrin

true. totaly, wonderfuly, insanely true. yay for every ne having a slightly messed up head.  

Magun Ra

MsDevin92

Chatty Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:55 am
Insanity could be either good OR bad. There's the good insanity, like inventing something that at first seems impossible and then makes the world a totally awesome place, or the bad insanity, like going on killing sprees and all that junk.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:38 pm
I'm considering going into psychology, but I don't really know all that much about it. Everything that I do know, however, comes from observing the odd habits of middle school-aged girls. If they aren't crazy, I don't know what is...  

Xevalde

iAn460

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:13 am
stare  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games