Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velvet204

5,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:21 pm
((Okay, I`m hoping to GOD this won`t show up in my "Most recent posts"....If my sisters/brother/cousins find this I`m dead...X_x))
Well...Anyway...I`ve been really depressed for like...The past....I don`t know how many months....Thinking it might be a year now...Probably longer...But anyways...I`ve had a really bad past that`s resulted in me being adopted...
Where I am now is infinately better, but...Due to things that upset me...You know...Stupid things like feeling like I don`t fit in, being upset that all my friends are in my new family, and I think I piss off a lot of them..-_- Horrible memories from my past and nightmares...
Well, anyway, for awhile I started cutting, and I thought I was completely over it, but the other day....I just couldn`t take it and ended up scratching a good sized chunk of skin off my knee...
My question is....What do I do..? How do I forget my past and stop worrying about being sent back to my old abusive parents((It`s not an official adoption)) And how do I get my siblings to like me?

Also....I occasionally have problems breathing...Could this be serious?

Thanks in advance! Sorry for being emo... crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:50 am
Um... well don't say sorry it happens to the best of us. I doubt you'll be sent back to your abusive parents. Well atleast in my case i'm thinking of getting my dad a restrainig order for father's day. Another thing, i know how cutting makes you feel better but in a way... what does it resolve? But then again that's your decision and no one should scold you for that. Okay... siblings... i grew up with two older sisters. My parent's divorce seperated my brother and I. I haven't seen him in some time now. But i'm sure finding something in common with them might make your relationship better. Well... best of wishes.  

Captain Mudkip

Captain Mudkip

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:53 am
Ush! as for the breathing problems... could it be asthma?... Then again I had a lung virus when I was four and it resulted in my being hospitalized. Again, good luck.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:38 pm
Okay Hon, well..I know what its like..Kinda..

Cutting doesnt solve -anything- I know from experience.. And I know what its like to be depressed. What it took was for me sitting down and talking to someone really close to me..and accepting the fact that I know I have a problem ((Like ..I had a horrible past too..and was haunted by it)).. Perhaps you could go get counseling.. but if not, then you need to not cut. It doesnt help at all and can only make things worse. I think you should talk to someone close about how you feel if you can..and I know this is hard but you could try.

Also, as far as the breathing is concerned, it is probably related to lack of breath from..worrying so much. Hyperventilating..possible, so just take a deep breath and relax.

If you need to talk to me about anything Im here for you to talk to ^^  

l PorcelainxLullaby l

Raven``

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:21 am
None of us can just forget the past, instead you could try things that could take your mind off them, like trying new hobbies or going to new places. This could also help you to develop a better relationship with your siblings. You could try doing things that they like, even if you don't. However, there is always sibling rivalry but it's just something that most people have to put up with.
There isn't really anything to help you stop self harming but you could try talking to more people about your problems. The more we bottle things up, the more difficult they become to talk about so try talking to someone about them as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:58 am
well, i've never had to deal with that, but perhaps u shouldn't worry too much about being sent back, and about being accepted. if u spend so much time trying to be accepted, then they won't know u. u'll be distancing urself from them. plus, if they took u in, i'd say it's doubtful that they'd send u back. as for hurting urself, u REALLY shouldn't do it. i mean, yeah, it gives u the sensation of relief. i know. i know bcs i used to cut. i don't do it anymore bcs i've realized it really isn't good. dealing with the scars is a pain in the neck, and it really doesn't solve anything. as for the breathing, maybe u should have it checked out. while it COULD just be effects to the stress u r undergoing, it could also be sumthin serious. and since we really have no way of knowing except a doctor saying what it is, u should do just that. go have it checked out.  

Sotur

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:54 pm
6 months of being depressed usually is seen as the medical depression...

Cutting= BAD It makes things worse, usually it takes more effort to hide the cuts than just dealing with the pain... go for a run, walk or do some activity to get rid of the extra energy... Distract yourself some way if you can't do it, start reading a book or something you enjoy

Nightmares.... Dreams are usually symbolic of what's going on with you... maybe look up an interpretative book...

If you think you're ticking your friends off, talk to them about it, ask why. Don't over do it but... do ask...

You can't make people like you even if they are your .... just let them like you on their own, if they don't come to, don't make a big deal out of it.

Breathing problems- It could be something serious, ask to go to the doctor.

Recent posts- Guild posts don't show up on Recent posts

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff