Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
FFX Map/Translation + Info

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:15 pm
So, like, hi.

I'm working on a fanfiction for FFX, and unlike most OMG I GOT SUCKED INTO THE GAAAAAAAAME ones, I'm actually doing some goddamned research, to the point where I've went and translated the map that's seen in game. You can see it here. - I nicked the unedited map from FFSky.com because it was the highest-res one I could find on the net; the translation was done by me, using this cipher here. Kweh. As you can see, the world of Spira is made up of two continents - Djose and Wilderia. I don't think this is ever mentioned in game, so it's news to me.

So, you're thinking, "What's the point of all this?", huh? You'll notice the temples all have a string of yevonite that spells "Temple of Yevon", yes'm? You'll also see that Remiem and Baaj are made mention of. Now, look closely at the /shape/ of the lines that say "Temple of Yevon", and look at the west coast of Wilderia; There 's a section there that shares the shape of the yevonite phrase "Temple of Yevon", as well as a little bit that looks the same for every temple. There are other occurrences, too; Near the word "Wilderia"; One towards the east of the Djose continent on the north coast; one in the middle of the Djose continent's north coast; one near the word "Djose" in Djose continent; and one on the south coast of Wilderia.

So, what're your thoughts? How come we don't get to go to these temples? Are they ruined, abandoned, defunct, taken over, or what? Gimme your thoughts, theories and (if possible) relevant observations, plz. =3

Note: I'm also discussing this over on the GameFAQs board, for those interested. I'd recommend reading that thread too - pmog has translated interesting bits of the FFX Ultimania guides for everyone. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:27 pm
I applaud you.

That is interesting; I've never even seen a decent-sized picture of that map.
Going to those temples...? Maybe the fayths aren't there anymore for some reason.

Wilderia, huh? ^^  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:02 am
The fayth could very well not be there; that seems like the most plausible reason for not going - after all, Remiem and Baaj are both marked in BIG LETTERS despite being abandoned and virtually unreachable; they only thing they have there is a fayth statue.

(On that note however, I wonder why Baaj is marked if, prior to Seymour bringing Anima's fayth to Baaj, there was no aeon there? That suggests either a) everyone knows Anima's there, or b) the mapmakers don't know whatever fayth was there isn't there now.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:58 pm
Mitsh
The fayth could very well not be there; that seems like the most plausible reason for not going - after all, Remiem and Baaj are both marked in BIG LETTERS despite being abandoned and virtually unreachable; they only thing they have there is a fayth statue.

(On that note however, I wonder why Baaj is marked if, prior to Seymour bringing Anima's fayth to Baaj, there was no aeon there? That suggests either a) everyone knows Anima's there, or b) the mapmakers don't know whatever fayth was there isn't there now.)

Maybe Seymour made the map?  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:14 am
Doubt it. You have it from Besaid onwards in the game. Besides, why would he make a map? X3  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:59 pm
Mitsh
Doubt it. You have it from Besaid onwards in the game. Besides, why would he make a map? X3

I was kinda joking. ^^ Why wouldn't Seymour make a map, though? I think he'd be good at it.

Yunno, I just had an idea. Maybe Maechen made it; he knows everything, and he seems like he cought be a cartographer.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:48 am
Ravenwolf
Mitsh

I was kinda joking. ^^ Why wouldn't Seymour make a map, though? I think he'd be good at it.

Yunno, I just had an idea. Maybe Maechen made it; he knows everything, and he seems like he cought be a cartographer.

Maaaaybe, but I don't see why he of all people would've been the one who made it; It's my belief that Yuna got it from Besaid Temple, as there's a bit at the bottom right of the map that reads "Temple of Yevon", making me think it's some kinda... copyright notice. XD  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games