No >:O
View Results

xxsapphirethebunny

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:34 pm
well you know how the marketplace is buy sell and all that stuff. well, what if a stock market got added? i think that would be great, and an easy way to make more gold. what do you people think?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:39 pm
I guess I'm not clear on what you have in mind....what value would the stock represent?  

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

prettyslavegirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:41 pm
that also has made me very curious, it owuld be intriguing...
but probably rather hard to implement without widescale confusion...
though it would make gaia more acceptable as a teaching resource...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:43 pm
that idea is asome... I think it would do gaia some good!  

DepressedLittleFreak!!!

prettyslavegirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:52 pm
for some people the marketplace can be daunting.... i don't reckon it would go over too well with everyone.... might be kind of intimidating....
would provide a steep learnign curve... would be fun!!
without more knowledge on the subject i shall refrain.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:44 pm
A stock market would be a really neat idea, but somehow I doubt the admins would want to introduce a way to make gold by doing next to nothing xD Although investing in monthly collectibles is pretty much the same idea.

Hay, there's your stock market..! xD  

Cossi

prettyslavegirl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:42 am
wordmatic
A stock market would be a really neat idea, but somehow I doubt the admins would want to introduce a way to make gold by doing next to nothing xD Although investing in monthly collectibles is pretty much the same idea.

Hay, there's your stock market..! xD

i kind of think that option exists already within the marketplace....

i do next to nothing and make money...
but I think they probably wouldnt make it as it is kind of present already...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:12 am
purplewiz
I guess I'm not clear on what you have in mind....what value would the stock represent?

Same here, sounds interesting but there's nothing for the stock to represent neutral  

Cornetto1

xxsapphirethebunny

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:28 pm
well ive been thinking about it, and im going to startt a petition, im not really going to add names yet, i have about 20 to add, but first i want to see what more people think about it. just stop by and tell me if you want to be added. thanks for all the support^_^

http://gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22870011&

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Link  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:17 am
If youre going to do a petition dont do it by email. the numbers are never representative. as every time its sent to multiple people although ten people may sign it, theres is then ten lists with one signature.... not ten signatures on one list....
try doing it on your forum.
and have alist of people on your first post which can be edited to show other peole names (this will have to be done by you but still its better than those damn PMs....)  

prettyslavegirl

jakeup07

14,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:21 pm
can anyone please donate anything for my dream avitar if you want to see my avitar go to my homepage any donation helps.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:06 pm
To me, a stock market seems like it would function just like the marketplace. People can buy their "stocks" - which we call items - and then sell them later for a profit. The prices also go up and down. The only difference between the market and a stock market is that users can control prices and create artificial inflation which is illegal in real life. Besides, anyone who isn't an exchanger or marketer, no matter how rarely they do it, is unlikely to participate in a stock market. Other sites have stock markets. If gaia starts adding stuff that a lot of other sites have, it won't be so unique.  

Glympse of Fate

debbiegirl364

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:57 pm
omg that sounds really cool! totaly should tell the people in high places or something that would be awesome!  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games