Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
Selling Advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hairball1983

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:23 pm
im new here and am getting used to everything....i would like advice on how to set prices when i sell some of my items. any help would be appreciated and if i have something to give i will give u a free gift  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:37 pm
imho, when it comes to store bought items, sell them at a discount, i'm ok with 75% off, if you try to get full price for something a gaian can get in a store, you may be in for a loong wait.

gaming items,
flowers, trash, bugs, ect: kinda worthless, sell for 1g if you're lucky...

tickets, do not sell for less than 2g per. you can go as high as 2.5g per,

go to the gaming item forum:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=125

to find some people buying for good rates,

or you can vend in the marketplace to try your luck. in my experience, selling tickets for 2.0-2.3 per ticket will get an instant sale, you can sell them as high 2.4-2.5 when there aren't alot of venders selling tickets at that moment,

fish
i dunno, i just sell the commons for 3/4 full price, uncommons full price, rares double/triple full price, legendary.. i dunno, never caught a legendary.

monthly online collectables:
don't sell these until 3 months after you get them at the very very least. this is the ONLY thing that goes up in value over time...

lemme know if i missed anything, or if i was of any help to you at all.  

Buru_C

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:10 pm
Check www.tektek.org for current asking prices for items, also search the marketplace and check for lowest price and lowest buy price. You don't necessarily have to beat those prices to make a sale, but it helps to know where other competing items are.

Also: be patient. Sales are not always immediate, and sometimes it takes awhile to find a buyer who is looking for exactly what you're selling.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:24 pm
what i do is i go on to the market and find an item thats price is bouncin up and down (sealed leters at the beginning of a month) then i set it fer about 2 or 3 k higher..or if it is a sealed letter (which i buy ushually for 13k) sells fer about 20 k just before the opening time of that item.....

just remember that you should collect at least 1 or 2 of the monthly items and save them...they sometimes end up in high demand...unless it was that damn momo or ufo sweatdrop  

cyrill the fallen angel

prettyslavegirl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:29 am
look out for underpriced items. buy cheap sell at a rate that still makes you profit....
like buy trout for 20 each and sell them for 25....
ive been doing that...
makes the shiny money stuff mucho good....  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games