Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Band of Ponies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:51 pm
-=chaos-raver=-
aralyn
I have Penguin Slippers that I'm not really interested in, what do you suggest I do?
start from the step of selling it in the exchange. ask more more items and less pure gold. and value the items like I said in the previous post

darth: vend is the same as the marketplace. just a much easier way to say it.

Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:53 pm
aralyn
-=chaos-raver=-
aralyn
I have Penguin Slippers that I'm not really interested in, what do you suggest I do?
start from the step of selling it in the exchange. ask more more items and less pure gold. and value the items like I said in the previous post

darth: vend is the same as the marketplace. just a much easier way to say it.

Thanks.
no prob  

-=chaos-raver=-

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:02 pm
You make more profit in a day then my entire invo is worth xd

But then again, I only vend for one or two days a week.
And thats basically constantly buying Momos and Gwees through the forums and selling them on the MP. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:19 pm
J O N 6 6
You make more profit in a day then my entire invo is worth xd

But then again, I only vend for one or two days a week.
And thats basically constantly buying Momos and Gwees through the forums and selling them on the MP. ninja
I got 100 nov 06s if you wanna buy them xD  

-=chaos-raver=-

Youkai_Girl06

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:08 am
-=chaos-raver=-
that's where the exchange comes in. sell off everything you can in the marketplace, doesn't matter if it's a bit low. buy the most expensive donation item that you can get a semi good deal on. doesn't really matter if you over pay a little. then make a thread and sell the item that you bought. value items that are offered for your item UNDER what you would sell low in the market. for example

there's a donation item being sold, it's price in marketplace is say 22k. you might ACTUALLY be able to sell it for 21k in the market, so go ahead and offer aroud that. then, if you get the item, turn around and sell it again in the exchange. say they offer an item that's 20k in vend and 1k pure gold. you think that you can sell the item they offered in vend for maybe 19k, so value lower than that and value the item at 17-18k.

in this case their offer would value at 18-19k. that's when you ask them to add. 3k would be the best. if you can get them to offer another item value it the same way. and if the total comes to about the vend price of YOUR item. then you're garuntees than you can sell their items in vend and come out a few thousand gold ahead.

the bigger and more items you have to work with the more you can do this. that's how I make so much every day.

So let me get this straight:
You buy something and then sell it in the exchange. People will offer items in stead of money for them, and when they do, you will value that item a bit lower than you would actually be able to sell it for in the marketplace.
Is that how it is? I read the post several times and I think I understand now. Thanks for the tip smile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:52 pm
Youkai_Girl06
-=chaos-raver=-
that's where the exchange comes in. sell off everything you can in the marketplace, doesn't matter if it's a bit low. buy the most expensive donation item that you can get a semi good deal on. doesn't really matter if you over pay a little. then make a thread and sell the item that you bought. value items that are offered for your item UNDER what you would sell low in the market. for example

there's a donation item being sold, it's price in marketplace is say 22k. you might ACTUALLY be able to sell it for 21k in the market, so go ahead and offer aroud that. then, if you get the item, turn around and sell it again in the exchange. say they offer an item that's 20k in vend and 1k pure gold. you think that you can sell the item they offered in vend for maybe 19k, so value lower than that and value the item at 17-18k.

in this case their offer would value at 18-19k. that's when you ask them to add. 3k would be the best. if you can get them to offer another item value it the same way. and if the total comes to about the vend price of YOUR item. then you're garuntees than you can sell their items in vend and come out a few thousand gold ahead.

the bigger and more items you have to work with the more you can do this. that's how I make so much every day.

So let me get this straight:
You buy something and then sell it in the exchange. People will offer items in stead of money for them, and when they do, you will value that item a bit lower than you would actually be able to sell it for in the marketplace.
Is that how it is? I read the post several times and I think I understand now. Thanks for the tip smile
no prob. and yes, the bigger the item you sell in the exchange generally the more valuable the items that will be offered for it. just keep selling them like that until the items are small enough that you can easily sell in the marketplace.  

-=chaos-raver=-

-=chaos-raver=-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:47 pm
ecample:

-=chaos-raver=-
edited
-=chaos-raver=-
edited
-=chaos-raver=-
edited
Offer:
(Used ZERG Price Guide)

Thank You Letter For May 2004 - 90k-95k+
Golden Laurels - 600k-625k+
Winged Anklets - 500k-525k+
Thank You Letter For September 2004 - 163k-183k+
Thank You Letter For October 2004 - 215k-235k+
BTK - 70k-79k+
OMFG - 95k-100k+
Demonic Pendant - 140k-170k+
Angelic Bracelet - 125k-150k+
Kiki Kitty Plushie - 240k-270k+
Guitar of Angellus - 100k-111k+
Guitar of Demona - 100k-112k+
Coco Kitty Plushie - 100k-114k+

2,538,000 - 2,769,000
bit low. anything you can add?

How low is it?
I can add a Thank You Letter For December 2004
still low. sweatdrop valued at 2533k. lowest scarf in vend is 2800k
What about adding a Thank You Letter For November 2004 and a Thank You Letter For March 2005
sure. but since your offer is 16 items. the scarf will be in the last trade. okay?

end total by my valuing durring the trade: 2846k

that's 46k OVER vend price. not only that, but I was valuing low. and using the vend scarf as an excuse to want more. total value of this offer that I can sell for is about 3mill. and normal selling value of the scarf is 2550k-2600k

that right there is almost 500k profit. now all I have to do is do the same thing with all the items I got in his offer to make even more profit.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:21 am
-=chaos-raver=-
okay so I was on for about 3 hours today. only made 100k profit.

What I want to know is where you find 3 hours a day to do this.... smile  

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

Youkai_Girl06

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:35 am
Hmm, I don't get it. I tried it the way you do, by selling a shadow spirit. I don't have a lot of items that are worth much, so I tried it out. But everyone seemed to know exactly how much their items they offered were worth, and they weren't willing to pay what the marketprice value was at that moment. So in the end I could not get a decent offer... How come they do offer more when you want to exchange an item?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:27 pm
Youkai_Girl06
Hmm, I don't get it. I tried it the way you do, by selling a shadow spirit. I don't have a lot of items that are worth much, so I tried it out. But everyone seemed to know exactly how much their items they offered were worth, and they weren't willing to pay what the marketprice value was at that moment. So in the end I could not get a decent offer... How come they do offer more when you want to exchange an item?
so be manipulative. and tell then that it's your thread, your prices. and don't argue with them. if they don't like it then just leave.  

-=chaos-raver=-

-=chaos-raver=-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:27 pm
purplewiz
-=chaos-raver=-
okay so I was on for about 3 hours today. only made 100k profit.

What I want to know is where you find 3 hours a day to do this.... smile
odd and end times. and usually at night when I should be sleeping >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:39 pm
-=chaos-raver=-
Youkai_Girl06
so be manipulative. and tell then that it's your thread, your prices. and don't argue with them. if they don't like it then just leave.

Would it be easier to sell items that are worth more?  

Youkai_Girl06

-=chaos-raver=-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:16 pm
Youkai_Girl06
-=chaos-raver=-
Youkai_Girl06

Would it be easier to sell items that are worth more?
yes.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:06 am
Hmm, I'm trying to sell a Hammi hat in the exchange. I got it 5k under MP value smile  

Youkai_Girl06

1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces