Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
My mother doesn't trust me

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

baigais

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:24 pm
AGAIN with my issues revolving around my sexuality.

These ones are about my mother, though.

So the girl from my "there's this girl..." topic is becoming more comfortable around me and I'm becoming more comfortable around her and everything is peachy.

I went and slept over at her house last weekend and all that good shiz.
Well, the thing is that I almost wasn't allowed to go because my mom knows that the girl is bisexual. She was like, "I know she's a friend, but I also know about her sexuality." So I think she was afraid that this girl, my friend, was going to rape me, or something.

Well, she assured me that she wasn't going to rape me and I told my mom that I'd bring a baseball bat if it made her feel better, and I ended up going.

So, that's all fine and good. But, today my mother was quite irritating and put me to the point where I didn't want to come home today.

I forgot that we had a rehearsal for our multi-cultural choir show today, so I called her and told her that I had a tech rehearsal and she wouldn't be able to come get me until seven. She gets all pissed and she's like, "Seven?! FINE, as long as that's where you are and who you're with, you can go!"
So I'm thinking that she's thinking that I'm going off and having hot lesbian sex with this girl behind Taco Bell. Or something to that effect.

The only reason I think it's because of me hanging around with this girl is because before I hung out with her, tech rehearsals were just another thing and my mom didn't care much, even if I forgot to tell her. She's never screamed at me over the phone about it.

So we were supposed to get out at seven and ended up getting out at five, so I started crying because home was the last place that I wanted to go because I didn't want to deal with my mom's crap. My friend comes over and sits on my lap and tries to cheer me up. I explain everything that's been going on and she kind of kisses me. That was my first kiss and I kind of got pissed about it, because I kind of daydream about my first kiss going to that girl I like. But this friend is kind of like family so I didn't express it.

Anyway, most of the time between me and my mother was silent on the way home and I've been on the computer ever since. I dunno what kind of advice I'm looking for, really. This was just kind of my day today. It was a pretty crappy one in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:39 am
Your friend's bisexuality is none of your mother's buisness. Prove to your mom she's not crazy, a rapist, or any combonation of the 2.  

Carrielicious!

baigais

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:20 pm
I've tried telling her about how helpful my friend is around her home and how nice she is to her mother and what an all-around great person she is, but my mom will praise her one second and forget all about it the next.
It's pretty horrible.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:03 am
I'd say try to spend the night with her with other friends around. Maybe then your mom won't be so "UR HAVIN SECKS BEHIND TACO BELL!!!!!!!" If you want to hang out with her try going to the mall and arranging to meet her there.  

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

Sotur

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:19 am
most mothers don't really trust their children, boys and girls alike. Try to bear with it. I know it sucks, and I know it's a pain. I go through it with my mom, even though I've assured her I want no sex relations with my boyfriend just yet, reason being I got tons of college s**t to deal with, I certainly DO NOT need the worries of being pregnant to top it off, pills or not, condoms or not. I just don't need that s**t. But she stills nags the hell outta me over being careful, and not lying to her as to where I'm at, alone or not with my bf, time of getting home, etc. so, my point is: I know it's a pain, but bear with it. Tell her what you think about what she's saying, make her understand you can be responsible without her yelling at you. But as always, make sure not to do it in a way that she might get pissed because "You are disrespecting her" and all. Dealing with these things is VERY SENSIBLE, you must choose your words carefully, lest it'll become worse over a simple word-choice.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:54 pm
I'm not even dating her, though, and my mom still treats me like I'm doing something wrong just by hanging out with her.  

baigais

DarkJoker99

5,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:47 am
Well, I don't know if this would help but, get your friend, and other girls, and boys, and invite them over for a little get together. Introduce them to your mom, and stay in the main part of the house, or close to where she is, so she finally gets the idea that you are not going to have "hot lesbian sex" with anyone.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:30 pm
She's come over to watch a movie with my friend Jay and she acted perfect.
It might have been unfortunate that Jay is gay, though... heh.
My mom's met her before and she's really polite and everything. She's never done anything that would make her bad to be around.

My dad's met Ali's family and really likes them but he never says that he likes her, specifically, but that he likes her family.

I get to go to the mall with her tomorrow, though. So maybe my mom's coming around.  

baigais

XxXChibiyukiXxX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:09 pm
Try to keep her mind off the other girls. Be reasonable, show your mom that she is a great person and that she's not a dangerous rapist.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:36 pm
give her the facts, tell her this  

Voxtom

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas