False Confidence

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Tendo Sixty-Fo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:44 am
I have a lot of false confidence. I really don think I'm tht great. At all. Everyday I play this little act, but I'm not sure if people can tell it's only false confidence, not the real thing. I can't just be like "By the way, all this "Yeah, ya' know all that, "I'm just great like that." stuff, not so true, I actully think I'm really bad at a lot of things." It'd be weird. Plus, in Middle School, if you don't have a decent sized ego you get called "emo" and "goth" because people at my school aren't very smart. But is it healthy to be doing this, just having false confidence?
I have had a little boost in confidence sense I started like this, but I can't help but wonder if people relly would like me for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:27 pm
Tendo Sixty-Fo
I have a lot of false confidence. I really don think I'm tht great. At all. Everyday I play this little act, but I'm not sure if people can tell it's only false confidence, not the real thing. I can't just be like "By the way, all this "Yeah, ya' know all that, "I'm just great like that." stuff, not so true, I actully think I'm really bad at a lot of things." It'd be weird. Plus, in Middle School, if you don't have a decent sized ego you get called "emo" and "goth" because people at my school aren't very smart. But is it healthy to be doing this, just having false confidence?
I have had a little boost in confidence sense I started like this, but I can't help but wonder if people relly would like me for me.

i have the same problem. I adapted to what i thought others would like. And i slipped (meaning i acted like my old self) and a lot of people liked me. So if your scared just try. I have low confidence still but you should try being more yourself. People should love you anyway. let me know if you need more help  

toughluck22894

Psycho_Kat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:53 pm
Haha, yeah, I can relate. I have zero self-confidence, especially in middle school. But, after a bit, marching band forcing me to be sociable and compete, friends changing, guy interest, I just slowly got better. I'm not perfect, no, but i'm a lot better than I was.
I just say, which is oversaid, but ignore anyone who walks up and calls you Emo/Goth. They just have nothing better to do, and are too simple minded to adapt from the little clone groups they are. They see someone different, who isn't like all the other backstabbing, gossiping crews, and immediatley turn on them. Seems better in their eyes then turning on faults in themselves are those around them, cause that would be basically themselves.
Just be you. Your opinion of yourself is so much more then anything they can say.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:28 pm
I acutally ahve more confidence now more then ever. I've gone through some tough crap but I just look at it as making me all the more stronger.
I guess my main problem is "Is this really me or am I stuck as being this?" Lately I've seem ta have excepted it as me, which I'm fine with. I just don't want people calling me a jerk for being egotistical when I'm really not like that.
Thanks for your help!  

Tendo Sixty-Fo

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:06 pm
No one can really tell you if it's really you... You're really the only person who can say if it's yourself or not. If you don't feel like you're comfortable acting like that... It's most likely not the real you.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:15 am
No one EVER is the real "me". Everything you see everyday is an act. It all depends on how close the act is to the real thing. I think you should say ******** you and be as confidence or un-confident as you please.  

Katen_Kyoukotsu

Sotur

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:17 pm
i don't think it's healthy. i consider that something like "living a lie", and of course that's not right. as for being called emo and goth, personally, i wouldn't care. that's just me, tho. but i would be like i am, and if ppl like me, great, if not, oh well, not a $20 dollar bill to be liked by evryone. point is, if someone likes me, i'd rather it be bcs of something that i am, that i'm not being called emo or whatever bcs i'm acting a way i'm not, i plainly don't like that. if they call u that, let them. how does that REALLY affect u? in my opinion, it doesn't, unless u REALLY care about what others [who up to a point are not important] think.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:34 am
I can completely relate to you. In school, when they call names at me, I usually wink at them just to scare them off (it worked for a few months. ._.) but now they're coming back at me.
Same now I wacked this guy in the face with a chair and called this other guy a p***k. I feel very very guilty about being all violent and stuff, but they won't leave me alone if I just sit and try to ignore them.
So everyone like. Expects me to be able to kick anyone's a** and take on anyone because I act like I can. I'm just a puny guy, you know? I couldn't take on a five-year-old. D=
Also, I brag about my bad grades and claim I didn't study anyone why I actually feel total s**t about them because I did study hard and still messed up! So.Just. Slowly transform into tehreal you. I'm trying to aswell. smile

You should have some people who you can completely be yourself with. 3nodding Like. I have a boyfriend who's a darling. =3

Dominique Devlin

XxXChibiyukiXxX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:40 pm
Be yourself and if people can't accept that then they will never see the real side of you which is priceless.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:41 pm
Dominique Devlin
I can completely relate to you. In school, when they call names at me, I usually wink at them just to scare them off (it worked for a few months. ._.) but now they're coming back at me.
Same now I wacked this guy in the face with a chair and called this other guy a p***k. I feel very very guilty about being all violent and stuff, but they won't leave me alone if I just sit and try to ignore them.
So everyone like. Expects me to be able to kick anyone's a** and take on anyone because I act like I can. I'm just a puny guy, you know? I couldn't take on a five-year-old. D=
Also, I brag about my bad grades and claim I didn't study anyone why I actually feel total s**t about them because I did study hard and still messed up! So.Just. Slowly transform into tehreal you. I'm trying to aswell. smile

You should have some people who you can completely be yourself with. 3nodding Like. I have a boyfriend who's a darling. =3

Man I wish I had a bf.  

XxXChibiyukiXxX

K1T3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:34 am
that's how i am too. i try to amke people laugh alot. with my kitty impressions but it jsut feels weird. don't worry abotu goth or emo in highschool those are the smartest people. i'm goth. but not to teh extreme. to be goth or emo is a good thing. unless you cut yourself or beat yourself up. be yourself ad everythign will eb fine smile  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games