My TekTek

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

reef2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:31 pm
It all started...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Item List:
Angelic Pendant
Celebrity Date
Staff of the Angels
Winter Rose

Estimated Total: 898,248 Gold
(Estimated with known item values on 27 March 2007)

Seems impossible, right?

... When I saw this sphere of you.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:58 pm
nah! It's possible if you're good at saving! 3nodding  

Seth_x_Anderson

Le Mango

Feral Egg

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:02 pm
That depends.

They say that it isn't worth saving for an ultra-rare item unless you're halfway there or willing to sell very valuable items of your own.

(Which I made the mistake of doing. To catch up on letter items that weren't worth anything at the time. So seriously, just don't sell your items unless it's a last resort and you are POSITIVE you won't miss them. You'll regret it unless you have two of the item.)

Ultra-rare, at the time I read about that sort of thing, meant one item that was anywhere from about 800k and upwards, and the thread was specifically referring to items like the DJ Headphones, Halo, Mini-wings, etc.

The reason is because you'd have to beat inflation, and by the time you get from 20k (or less) to the 400k that you would need to purchase an item worth 800k, it's value would have gone up by at least 200,000 more.

So you have options. If you don't have at least half of the 400k that you'd need to complete that whole outfit, you would -have- to work for it, and it would be less likely that you'd manage to get the items on your own.

You could quest diligently, log on every day, do every possible thing you can to get gold, and manage to get a LOT of generous benefactors (and friends), then yeah, you could get the staff and pendant. If you worked really quickly.

All in all, nothing is impossible when one is courteous and diligent. People usually donate to those who are gracious, who don't beg, and who seem to be working very hard on their quests.
So if you'd like to try for that, good luck. smile The lesson is, never say 'impossible'. There's always the off-chance you might meet someone who doesn't want a particular donation item they have and will give it to you.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:17 am
wow! you must have alot of patience to be able to save all of that! not to mention the inflation 3nodding  

MeltingMilkBottle

Agile Browser

seriouscat_25

Mystical Cat

19,450 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:39 pm
you'll have that...if you save enough and earn more....that means....

SELL...SELL...SELL...!!! xd xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:53 am
I would save up for the little ones then buy them then the big ones  

Mesmeric Demise

57: TekTek Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out