Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
How exactly do you get mountain/river/ocean chocobos

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ladi_viper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:08 am
I've been trying to raise chocobos on ff7, but im having a tough time. if anyone has any tips it would be helpful. I've got as far as a mountain and a river chocobo, but I'm having troubles doing it easily and getting further.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:32 pm
i don't know it off hand, but i remember checking out the guide book and it listed the way to get the different kinds of chocobos. try checking the guide book out, if no one else helps out.  

MoonGoddessRaye

ForeverKnight316

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:10 am
breed a green and a blue with a nut that begins with a z this will give u a black chco
then breed the black with a great chco with the same kind of nut 2 get the gold.

hope that helped  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:43 am
^-^ I'll tell yas how to breed 'em:

Good chocobo Rank B + Great Chocobo Rank B + Carob nut = Green Chocobo

But wait there's more. Race them to a rank B each make sure there rank is the same or you'll never get a Green pretty choco. Feed them the same amount of greens. (20 of the most expensive will do for each)

Green Chocobo Rank B + Great chocobo Rank B + Carob nut = Blue Chocobo

(follow same steps as above)

Green Chocobo Rank S + Blue Chocobo Rank S + Carob Nut = Black Chocobo

(same as above steps only you'll have to race them to Rank S)

Black Chocobo Rank S + Wonderful chocobo Rank S + Zeio nut = Gold chocobo

(same as the above one different nut can be stolen from goblin on island south of cautaur island I beleave it was they have boxing gloves on just steal it from them)

Note: Save the game before you breed you may need a female instead of a male when breeding occurs so if you save you can get the breed you want instead of catching more chocobos

Azul y Mar

Sarime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:09 pm
Hazuki has the formula down, but raising your chocobo's rank isn't COMPLETELY necessary to get the chocobo you're looking for. However, it does raise your chance of getting the rarer breeds. Ex: Raising both chocobo's (in any combination) to S rank pretty much ensures you'll get the chocobo you're looking for. ALSO, the chocobo baby will be much faster, with higher endurance and intellegence if you raise all of your chocobo's ranks before breeding them.

Also, good + great chocobo will get you river (blue) or mountain (green) chocobos. I'm not sure that mating a green and great chocobo will make a blue chocobo...I think it will either make a regular or green chocobo, but I could be wrong because I've never tried it.

AND...the best chocobo greens (they raise speed, strength, and endurance) are tantal greens. At 400 gil a pop, that's not too bad compared to Mimett, which only raise 1 or 2 attributs for 1000 gil a piece.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:25 pm
Catch a Good and a Great chocobo, and mate them with a Carob nut after raising them both to rank S (Carob nut is stolen from Vlakorados a red dinosaur monster near Bone Village). This will give you a green or blue chocobo. Next, go and find another Good and Great chocobo, except of the opposite gender (ex: Good male first, then a Good female). Raise them to S rank and mate them with a Carob nut as well. This will get you the other chocobo (blue or green). Race the both of them until S rank, and mate them with a Carob nut and you will get the black chocobo. Mate the black chocobo with a Wonderful chocobo with a Zeio nut (stolen from Goblins on Goblin Island) after raising them to S rank, and you will have the ultimate chocobo, the gold chocobo.

*Note* Before mating chocobos, ALWAYS save your game in case you don't get the right gender or type of chocobo.  

Tuanta Quiro Miancay

Tuanta Quiro Miancay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:28 pm
The best type of green you can feed a chocobo is the Sylkis green bought from the Chocobo Sage. After buying two of them, you can use the duplication trick to create infinite numbers of them. These are the best as they raise every stat greatly for a chocobo.  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games