Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Doctor Who Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love the Doctor?
  Of course!
  EXTERMINATE!!!
View Results

Lexarius

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:22 am
silverspun
did you think the newer version of doctor who (the one in which billie piper played rose) did justice to the series or what?
either way i can watch any version, doctor who is awesome.

Of course I do! The two parters with Eccleston were simply, absolutely, undeniably great!! The single eps are great too, but I like long stories better. Specially season-long story-arcs, like the Bad Wolf, just beautiful!

The Doctor`s answer to the Daleks` threat to kill rose was pure Doctor gold.

And the words "Are you my mommy?" still give me the chills...

(I need to catch up with the Tenth Doctor, I`ve only seen two eps of the second season, my local channel changed the time slot (oh, irony!) and missed almost the whole second season! I`ll have to order the DVDs)  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:49 am
I just had a revelation.

I know why the Bad Wolf name!

(The traditional dialogue of "Granny, what big eers/eyes/nose/teeth" fits Christopher Eccleston`s description!)  

Lexarius

Koravin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:40 am
Lexarius
Koravin
She just laughed when she saw the oldest ones, you know, the ones that look like they're actually made of rubbish bins. I admit, they look silly, but they are scary. I love the way they talk.

I must admit that I find them in that gray area between funny and scary. I only saw my first dalek in the new series (only got a few eps of the 4th Doctor when I was a kid, and until the new series I lost the track completely!), but I`ve been buying old eps in DVD to get up to date.
They're really scary when you're little. I look at daleks and remember how scary they were to me when I was... 3 maybe? They were scary.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:48 am
silverspun
i love to watch doctor who, though i am not informed enough to know all the actors names who played him during the times.
did you think the newer version of doctor who (the one in which billie piper played rose) did justice to the series or what?
either way i can watch any version, doctor who is awesome.
I do think the new series is good. Tom Baker, the fourth doctor, said that he thought David Tennant, the tenth doctor, was great. I concur. The ninth and tenth doctors have been fantastic.  

Koravin

Sappheirous

5,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:57 pm
Yeah I like the ninth and tenth doctors the best!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:41 pm
I like the 9th and 10th.. XD Just like how they are at certain times in the series.  

XMadaraUchihaX

Unbeatable Werewolf

Krago

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:35 am
My dad's a real fan and has like every episode on tape in the basement. I haven't got around to watching them yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:59 am
I've been watching the new series quite a bit. I likes it a lot. heart  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

Lexarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:11 pm
Krago
My dad's a real fan and has like every episode on tape in the basement. I haven't got around to watching them yet.

Any lost episodes there?  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games