Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Dont Panic [in big friendly letters] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Me, with a brain the size of a planet....
  and they want me to take you to the bridge
View Results

pjredd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:35 am
FrozenLuv
Marvin rules and Star Trek SUCKS!!!

I agree you about Marvin, but Star trek does not suck. It does what very little Sci-fi does. It paints a positive future for humanity. I can't wait for the new movie to come out.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:44 am
I love HGTTG! Never read the books yet... want to tho. Maybe it's time go to the used bookstore and find the series there. Love the movies tho...  

MacSen191

Tipsy Gaian

3,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

undacuva_druid

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:55 am
I loved the Hitcher's movie and it compelled me to read the books, I was not dissapointed even though they were a fair bit different... Douglas Adams pulls a crack at everything! He's quite good at twisting around things without you expecting it razz  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:42 am
The only part about the movie that I really liked was the singing dolphins, I much preferred the books.(Well Marvin is awesome, book and movie)

The bit that made me laugh the most was, I think, when they had a seance to contact Zaphod's grandfather and asked him for help and he said "What!? as if he had been asked for a lightly grilled weasel"

What exactly do I find so hilarious about lightly grilled weasels?  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

hopping05

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:39 am
i agree with efstafhios the movie didn't come close to justice for the books i was expecting do much more  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:43 am
i saw part of the movie and i read part of the book for class in middle school... but i never ended up actually finishing it! its awesome, so i should really go et the book at borders or somewhere,,,  

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Most Tsundere Senpai

Divine Healer

17,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Master Medic 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:54 pm
um star wars???? *is lost*  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:59 pm
roguegem17
um star wars???? *is lost*
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy  

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

La Bella Rosa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:11 pm
I've read the books serious. Actually, my team won in Knowledge Bowl because we needed another point, and they asked a question about what animal is being described in a certain passage. And then started reading the dialogue about the whale and how he's wishing the palent that he's falling to will be friendly.

It was seriously the best. And the movie wasn't that good, but someone put out a series of them (I think for T.V.) a real long time ago. It was BBC, I think.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:22 pm
The newest movie was good. Not that same as the book, but good. I haven't seen any of the others, though I did read all of the books. I kinda thought he should have stopped writing after So Long And Thanks For All The Fish though, since Mostly Harmless just kind of comes in and ruins everything. But then my friend told me that he meant to write another one and fix it all and make it awesome, but he died first, and though that's sad, it's so fitting with the humor of the series that it becomes awesome.  

Phaerzod

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games