Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snozberry Dreamsicle

Dangerous Lunatic

4,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:30 am
A lot of times I see people selling for prices that anyone would obviously know is insane. Like an Angelbow selling for 300k or whatever.

I'm sure the people selling it know the prices are out there. I'm just wondering what the success rate is on this? Like do you really catch people often with this, or is it like a 1 in a million thing to actually pull it off and score like that.

I was just wondering, since I really wanna try it but don't wanna waste store slots with items I'll never sell.

Anywho, any help or just general discussion on this would be totally hot, thanks.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:37 am
I believe it has no use.

With store items it always says how much they are in stores.
With Rare/Donation items people will mostly likely search on Lowest Buy Price.

It's plain stupid, in my opinion...
>.>

o~( .n_n. )~o

Friendly Fatcat

9,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Champion 300

Rhireiah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:45 am
Waste of sale slot. Unless you get someone who really has no idea what they're doing. Then again, if you have 300K to blow, chances are you've got some market and buying experience.
You can always just post it for 3-4 days if you're really curious.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:14 am
Ja, I was figuring the same thing. Most people just search with lowest buy price selected.

I figure the only way it might even possibly work, is ifs a brand new or rare item and someone sees it on the original "view" screen and buys it in a haste thinking its a good deal.

But yeah, I was wondering why people even bothered doing that.  

Snozberry Dreamsicle

Dangerous Lunatic

4,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

miserable failure

Invisible Assailant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:01 pm
Just out of a dumb sense of humor, I always assumed. Or perhaps a typo, like an accidental extra 0, that manages to slip past the seller. Or noobs who don't know the prices or honestly think that there are people who don't know the price and can buy for their crazy prices.

But with store items, there are people who will buy for a few hundred over, just for convenience.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:04 pm
they are either complete n00bs who do not understand the market ... OR they are using the UBEr high price as a hold for and auction or to display it ... almost like a gallery!  

Twiganut

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100

Kitsune Rena

Dapper Entrepreneur

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:05 pm
I remember on Neopets where people would put things in their stores for incredibly high prices just to show off what they had, like a gallery of sorts. Maybe some idiots from over there came on here thinking that it was still a good idea or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:25 am
I think it depends i see those and if theres a low bid on it ill bid but not buy.  

tigeress232

1: Marketplace Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff