Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Web Browser Selection

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You use?
  Internet Explorer
  Firefox
  Opera
  Other
View Results

Fires Fuel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:55 pm
Didn't see this in here, so I thought I'd add it. Which web browser do you use?

I used to use IE until version 7 came out, then I ended up switching to FireFox and I am definitely happy I switched, I like be able to customize my workspace and FF is good on that issue. The reason I switched was the IE7 would crash when I tried to send out emails from my school account. I waited a month of sending reports and nothing, so I switched and never looked back.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:31 am
Firefox, haven't used IE ever since. I some times use Opera if I'm testing out some web page I'm making, but for daily surfing I use my FF because it's faster and works better.  

Lilygwen

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100

yay_caffeine

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:33 pm
I used to use Explorer until I discovered Firefox . Firefox is much better, faster, and I haven't had half the problems I had with Explorer.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:34 pm
Opera is wonderful. I get faster response times with it.  

Nepenthos

Dragonsoulj

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:38 pm
FF. IE went slower on my old computer and had a few problems. Once I got add-ons set up, FF was awesome. I can even open tabs that run with a form of IE, so those annoying IE pages no longer pose a problem. Plus, FF is way more customizable.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:21 pm
Firefox.  

Exotahu

Adorable Lunatic

16,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Waffles! 25

Naynram Ukir

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:21 am

I have Opera, IE and Firefox.
I use Firefox 99% of the time though because it's awesome.

The only thing not right with it is the ability to save your Sessions like in Opera, but it saves it automatically if you go into CTRL+Alt+Delete, Processes, then click on End Process/Process tree. And then when you come back to it latter it'll ask to restore Session and you'll still have all your tabs without making your cpu slow the whole rest of the time! ^^

But other than Firefox, Opera is good for mule accounts, and my parents mostly use IE, But I use it on occasion too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:36 am
firefox. exclusively. i left ie on version 5 i believe. never touched opera, and i hated netscape navigator.  

Flora Andrews

7,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Overstocked 200

TylinaVespart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:31 am
Firefox for me ^^ Used it for the last few years, and if I need IE for a page I just use the plugin. Not tried Opera yet though  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:04 pm
I've used FF for about a year now, my boyfriend introduced it to me. I really dont like IE anymore.  

Lepota

Dull Rainbows

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:22 pm
I use Firefox. It's fast working. I use it 100% of the time. Internet explorer is kinda slow and ads always come up there.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:50 pm
Firefox, all the time. I use the IE tab add-on for testing web layouts, though. IE killed my computer, and I ended ditching it when it actually wouldn't let me download stuff. o.0;  

moe majesty

Dangerous Explorer

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Over Easy 100

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:20 pm
Back in the olden days, and I'm talking about 2000, when I was still in middle school, I used to browse the Web with Neoplanet. confused Yeah, I know I couldn't have chosen something worse than this ad-ridden piece of s**t, but hey, it had a download manager, and the skins were so ******** kickass!

Then I used IE for a year, in 2003, until I finally got my new computer. I heard something about a browser called Mozilla. The guys at CNet said it was really badass, so I thought I could give it a try.

I then switched to Firefox when the official 1.0 version was released, and then, I used Opera for a while because it's much faster than FF. Now I usually use both of them: Opera is blazing fast, but my Firefox has tons of extensions installed that look really cool and make it really functional.

However, ever since I laid my hands on Mozilla, the only times I dare touching Internet Explorer is when I have to download a Windows update, or when my dads use my computer, and that's because they just don't know how to use something besides IE. mrgreen  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games