Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Perhaps this is stupid of me, but...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hyrdatas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:20 am
Hey. Well, better get down to the point.
Every time I meet new people and get to know them enough to call them my friend, I always have this feeling like they would rather be talking to one of their closer friends rather than me. The sentiment is a bit selfish, I'm sure, but I never had any "childhood" friends that I would go out with and talk to all the time.
Even a friend of mine who is going to the Marines who I thought was a close friend of mine, has graduated and the only thing he said to me was "Bye" while walking away. I usually get a feeling of being brushed off by someone who I was just talking to.
Sometimes I do feel a tiny bit undervalued by others. I thought to myself that it may be because I undervalue myself...?

Maybe I'm a boring person..?

Bah, maybe I should stick to chat rooms and forum boards. Dealing with people in person was never a skill of mine.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:29 pm
To be honest I know exactly how you feel. Well, exactly... I only have it online, because people in real life genrally don't like me. sweatdrop
But... I knew this guy that had that extremely and called it 'persona obsession'. When he met someone new, he'd be all enthused about that person and want to share everything and stuff and when that person got tired of it it left him broken. confused
I'm not sure if that's what you feel, but I know it's what I feel (but less strong).

I'm not sure what to do about it though... But now you know you're not the only one! ;3

Dominique Devlin

K1T3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:05 pm
i'm exactly like you. yet i'm very not confident about my looks or my attitude towards people. eventhough i'm very nice. there's always that idiot who wants to hurt the nice guy. which usually creates a wildifre lol. so in my opinion bailing is sometimes a good idea. but if there are others then try em.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:59 pm
Yet, it's a skill that will help you become successful in life. I'm somewhat like you, but I think i have more confidence. Girl, i think you need more confidence in yourself and everyone else. I'm sure everyone feels that way some times.

I'm sure it's not because you're a boring person, but perhaps a quiet one. we, quiet people are often like that. I'm quiet and quite hard to open up to---it's just been the way i've been. But I also have a great amount of confidence in myself. Of course, i'm not saying that you don't have confidence, i'm just saying that you need more confidence then what you have.

If you fail every time you try, keep trying, because it's something you're going to need in the long run, the more you are comfortable with speaking with people, the better it'll get.  

CrimsonxXxSolace

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:38 am
even good relationships fade, its natural deal with it, jsut talking to people online is not good, so get to know the people you like and if they like you back then good but if not you must remember that there are another 6.5 billion peopl eon this planet, so just try to meet new people  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:40 am
undervaluing urself could be why other's undervalue u. anyway, it's obvious dealing with ppl on the net is easier than on person, but u DO need to learn to deal with ppl in person unless u wanna end up with a career that has u locked in ur house, no ppl interaction and stuff like that. it' s hard, but necessary  

cecy-PR

K1T3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:53 pm
just block them. if they want to talk to you. they have to be in front of you. that's what i did and i've never felt better. lol helps you lose4 the clutter from those people in ur msg block.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games