Reply NON-DA RELATED
OT Gaia Idea

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:18 pm
I'm sorry if this is innapropriate for the guild forum--I wanted to talk about this in a smaller group (and get your ideas) before bringing it to all gaia

Recently I've been earning my fortune doing item trades in the marketplace--buy low, sell high, etc, but on a small scale.

I was thinking it might be profitable for everyone to set up a stock group--give gaians an opportunity to buy in a percentage at the start of each month, use that to buy a huge mass of donation letters before announcement and sell after mid-month--people who can't afford to play the donation game on their own can still benefit from it, and then maybe be able to afford the items on their own. There might be a less time-sensitive stock group which would purchase on a larger scale, buying and selling classic donation items instead of just new collectables.

I do NOT intend to use this to increase inflation, but rather to bring profits to a larger group.

So, what do you think? And would you be interested in investing in a stock group if one was available? Feel free to PM me with opinions/ideas or if you're interested.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:10 pm
Courtesan Brigitte
I'm sorry if this is innapropriate for the guild forum--I wanted to talk about this in a smaller group (and get your ideas) before bringing it to all gaia

Recently I've been earning my fortune doing item trades in the marketplace--buy low, sell high, etc, but on a small scale.

I was thinking it might be profitable for everyone to set up a stock group--give gaians an opportunity to buy in a percentage at the start of each month, use that to buy a huge mass of donation letters before announcement and sell after mid-month--people who can't afford to play the donation game on their own can still benefit from it, and then maybe be able to afford the items on their own. There might be a less time-sensitive stock group which would purchase on a larger scale, buying and selling classic donation items instead of just new collectables.

I do NOT intend to use this to increase inflation, but rather to bring profits to a larger group.

So, what do you think? And would you be interested in investing in a stock group if one was available? Feel free to PM me with opinions/ideas or if you're interested.

*shrugs* sounds kinda shadey...  

mcleod_legacy
Vice Captain

oO Starling Oo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:31 pm
I'm not sure if newbs would understand the process of stock exchange. Also, if some people buy in excessively large quantities, might it throw off the balance? I don't really know since I've never been good with economics.  
NON-DA RELATED

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games