Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Worried about Friends

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mini-botch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:34 pm
I just found out that one of my friends is bullemic and cuts. I really care about them and I don't wnat them to hurt themselves. Does anyone have any ideas about how I can talk to them about this?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:03 am
1st ask them why tehy do those things
2nd give them reasons why it's bad
3rd tell them how mutch it kills you to see them act this way.  

K1T3

Forsaken-Pheonix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:33 am
what she said  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:20 am
I've already done that, and itv hasn't helped any though  

mini-botch

Chaos489

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:42 pm
First I think its important for you to get her attention. Get the point across that you really care and want her to stop. that this hurts you too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:03 am
try to help her by talking and try to find the source of her problem, but dont always focus on it because trust me she thinking about it constently. Do fun things and show her that you care also tell her that the next time she wants to cut to call you.
I went through the same thing (well cutting i could never be balimic) and i told three people 2 of them abondend me because they didnt want to deal with me which just made it worse, but the next time i cut i called the third friend (the one that didnt leave) crying and he calmed me down and has helped me with my depresion ever since (hes my BF now).  

Caity9117

mini-botch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:04 pm
Caity9117
try to help her by talking and try to find the source of her problem, but dont always focus on it because trust me she thinking about it constently. Do fun things and show her that you care also tell her that the next time she wants to cut to call you.
I went through the same thing (well cutting i could never be balimic) and i told three people 2 of them abondend me because they didnt want to deal with me which just made it worse, but the next time i cut i called the third friend (the one that didnt leave) crying and he calmed me down and has helped me with my depresion ever since (hes my BF now).

Yea I am trying to do that. I'm trying to be really positive and encouraging. She knows that she can alwyas talk to me and stuff.

Thanks for posting this though, because it really does help. If you have any more advice or comments or anything I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff