Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Its happening again..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hellzeeko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:55 pm
Massive depression spike, does anyone else get these fairly randomly like I do, if so...what helps?
I've been doing decent latley but just now I had a HUGE spike in depression.
(I'm sorry for bothering you people in ALI again with my issues....)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:09 pm
Hey, first of all, it's not a problem. And second, I get them all the time. A few things help. I perfer knocking the stuffing out of my bed or going running but that's just me. I'm a total jockette so mostly all I do to get happy again deals with physical activity. But I find blogging everything on MySpace helps also. xd Hope you feel better.
The Dreaded Pirate Queen Driinex

SavingPollyOliver

Sparkly Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200

K1T3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:08 am
video games lol. yes it does happen to me regularly. my friends are deusches lol. so ya get an online game. guild wars. it takes time and makes u always think. or u can hang out w/ ur friends. and make small parties.that helps.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:59 am
happens to me too, best thing I do, I walk outside for a while and think... or I just lay down in my bed, relax and try to control it..... but if its a HUGE spike.. well.... I got a game which lets me destroy an entire army of demons.... thats helps wink lol and I also got a puching bag... so I just BEAT THE CRAP out of it until i feel better... but thats just me XD  

XanXives

a.shadow.from.the.dark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:51 pm
It happens to me all the time, but when there is a time that you are no longer depressed, find something like a song, or a scene from a movie, that makes you happy. Whenever you get into one of your depression loops, just do it again. I found a song that works great for me, if i get depressed, i just listen to it, and it helps me get out of that loop. Find something that can help you with it.

If you like to fight, beat up a pillow, or go onto a fighting game and set the AI to easy and beat the crap out of it. Slaughtering stupid AIs is always fun, no matter what anyone says.

If you like to read, just sit down with a good book and read.

Find something that makes you happy.

((read the comic poem in my sig... it's funny, it might work for you.))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:02 pm
ur not alone
i know precisely what you mean
i have a good cry and when that doesn't help, i write poetry, honestly
but not everyone does that, i know
just try and keep yourself busy
the worst thing to do when ur down is get real bored
try not to think about it
don't ask yourself why do i feel so shitty?
that only makes it worse
and try hanging out with friends or just talking to them
they may not understand, but it helps just having company

if it's super bad, try getting prescribed for medication  

SheWhoSharpensTheBlades

Kogru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:37 pm
i get them to, lately they've been getting worse. I don't really know what to do to keep myself up beat. but no one really notices. i blame me >_>  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:24 pm
I can sympythize with you, because I also have depression. I usually just draw or play videogames when I'm depressed. For me, and this is a bad habbite, I sleep. I wouldn't recommend that though, even I try to get out and try to be active to get things off my mind.  

The_Super_Nintenho

Rogue

Musashi Agana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:48 pm
hellzeeko
Massive depression spike, does anyone else get these fairly randomly like I do, if so...what helps?
I've been doing decent latley but just now I had a HUGE spike in depression.
(I'm sorry for bothering you people in ALI again with my issues....)

well, wherever you have friends, you should never be able to bother them. depression is a common sign of being alive, in the way that things are now adays, depression runs rampant everywhere, so youre normal. now, as to what you do about it is up to you, theres so many things in life you can enjoy, i persoanlly enjoy gaia, lol, i have borderline personality disorder, and im being kicked out of the army for it, just do what you want, but dont do anything that might damage you, you get one body, dont mess it up to quick  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:09 am
I either talk to my boyfriend about it or cry as much as I can till' I'm exsausted then take a nap. I feel refreshed and optimistic when I wake up. but I don't think that'd help you much because you're a guy and I know thwey aren't as good with letting out feelings and don't cry often sweatdrop but maybe it'll give other people ideas? idk.

but some good advice, DO NOT CUT. it's a terrible addicting habit that seems almost imposible to break! I hear that for people that do, drawing lines with a dark red marker helps them break the habit. I guess it's a phsycological thing...  

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

CrimsonxXxSolace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:21 am
I sleep. Take a LONG NAP....or if you can't do that, then try and think about what is making you depress? Boredom perhaps? I some times get depress because I've nothing to do...yes...kind of idiotic, but it's true.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:36 am
I'm going thru that same stage right now. DO anything to occupy your mind.
1. Get or play with a pet
2. Video games
3. Tv
4. Go outside
Just keep your mind off of depression.  

XxXChibiyukiXxX

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items