Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

grrrr
  my thoughts exactly.
View Results

emmy elemental

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:59 pm
Dont you get aggrivated when people move and they decide they can't take their pet with them?
I mean to my family, our dog is like another member of the family. I just think it rather sad to just bring a dog to a shelter or leave it in front of a house because the owner doesnt want to bother with it.

[/rant]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:55 am
I know what you mean! Every Sunday in the newspaper, the Toronto Humane Society posts pictures of some animals that are ready to be adopted and they always give a description of that animal. You wouldn't believe at how many times people give up their pets because they're moving or what really pisses me off the most is when someone gives up a pet because they just had a stupid baby! scream

If I'm going to give up anything it would be the baby, not the pet!  

CyberStalker

GAlA SlTE ASSISTANT 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:15 pm
i hate that i think if they move give them to someone or even if they cant take them then take them anyways. or if they like go out of state they should get someone to watch them instead of putting them in a kennel  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:47 pm
CyberStalker
I know what you mean! Every Sunday in the newspaper, the Toronto Humane Society posts pictures of some animals that are ready to be adopted and they always give a description of that animal. You wouldn't believe at how many times people give up their pets because they're moving or what really pisses me off the most is when someone gives up a pet because they just had a stupid baby! scream

haha nice.

sounds effective wink

emmy elemental

RatsRule93

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:00 am
I hate it when people do that. Its so unfair for their animals. If people cant always care for their pets dont get them. Thats what I think.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:48 pm
We got our dog, Sadie that way. Someone left her in their yard. Their neighbors saw her, and we ended up taking her.

I really hate how people do that though. Animals don't deserve to be abandonded like that. I mean would most parents leave their kid behind because they are moving? It's the same with a dog.  

Missy n Fuzzy

Minathia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:31 pm
CyberStalker

giving up a pet when you move is wrong. Leaving it in the street instead of even taking it to a shelter is worse.

Giving up a pet because you're going to have a baby is different. Not all animals are safe around children and babies can't even run away. And an allergy attack in an infant is verrry different.

But I know someone who kept adopting animals and then putting them to sleep because they were allergic/it wasn't a good 'fit' with the family. You don't get much worse than that. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:16 pm
RatsRule93
I hate it when people do that. Its so unfair for their animals. If people cant always care for their pets dont get them. Thats what I think.

Same.  

Catherine teh Vegan

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:11 pm
What bugs me a lot is that old saying of, "It's me or the dog."

If anyone says that to me, I hope they like sleeping on pavement. 3nodding And I'd never expect anyone to get rid of an animal for my sake, either.

I read a short comic from a series I like once (It was a serious series, but they put 4-frame, humorous ones in the back of the book for fun). The girl finds a little black kitten in an alley and takes it home, and her boyfriend and the cat hate each other, fighting over everything and hissing at one another. She tilts her head and says, "Well, I guess I can't keep both of them." Next frame, the boyfriend's sitting in a box in an alley with a "WTF just happened?" expression. xd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:03 pm
It's so cruel to the animal if you just leave them like that.
Seriously.
I mean, if you don't want them just take them to a shelter.
Don't leave them alone to eventually starve.
My gosh.

And then if the police find out about it, they can press charges.
For animal abuse.
So you're better off taking the animal to a shelter.
Or giving it to someone who wants it.

DelightfulCatastrophe

Arekusa

7,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:56 pm
Its a frustrating situation when something like that happens.
The family can either make the change to be able to bring their pet, give the pet to a close relative who wants a pet but cant afford, or at least put them in the shelter instead of just dumping them in the street.

But whats worse is that is can be a emotionally stressful event for the pet as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Nymph Queen Slayerette says....

i hate people like that...my cat is my daughter and best friend...as weird as it sounds to people who may just see a pet as an animal...animals have feelings, smarts, and so on just like humans...just 'cause they do not speak like humans doesn't make the inferior to humans...another thing that bothers me is parents who adopt a puppy or kitten for their child(ren) for a holiday and when the child(ren) do not care for the puppy or kitten alone then the parents bring the puppy or kitten to a shelter 'cause they didn't realize that they would be the ones mostly cleaning up after and such of the puppy or kitten...child(ren) like pets to play with them than the non-fun parts of having a pet...parents should start with a goldfish or hamster for the child(ren) to see how well they can care for that pet before getting a kitten or puppy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I touch the fire and it freezes me
I look into it and it's black

Queen Leia

SnoopyLovesYou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:16 pm
RatsRule93

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:30 pm
CyberStalker

Honestly... I agree... xd
But really... Why do people abandon their pets just because of a baby?! It's RIDICULOUS!!! scream It's sorta unfair for the pet... cry  

lonewolfjc11

lonewolfjc11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:34 pm
Queen Leia
Nymph Queen Slayerette says....

i hate people like that...my cat is my daughter and best friend...as weird as it sounds to people who may just see a pet as an animal...animals have feelings, smarts, and so on just like humans...just 'cause they do not speak like humans doesn't make the inferior to humans...another thing that bothers me is parents who adopt a puppy or kitten for their child(ren) for a holiday and when the child(ren) do not care for the puppy or kitten alone then the parents bring the puppy or kitten to a shelter 'cause they didn't realize that they would be the ones mostly cleaning up after and such of the puppy or kitten...child(ren) like pets to play with them than the non-fun parts of having a pet...parents should start with a goldfish or hamster for the child(ren) to see how well they can care for that pet before getting a kitten or puppy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I touch the fire and it freezes me
I look into it and it's black

Yes. A pet is like a child to the owner!!! So why give up the first child(the pet) for the second (the baby)? It doesn't make sense!!!
If ever the parents of the baby really can't afford to keep the pet due to emergency situations, why not leave the pet with a friend at first then get it back later? Or if not, give the pet to some one trusted instead of leaving them in the streets!!!  
The Animal Lovers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games