Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
I finished Eclipse....woah Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you have read Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse...which one do you think is the best?
  Twilight
  New Moon
  Eclipse
  I can't choose!!
  None of them (why are you here??)
View Results

Ddoepke92

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:52 am
I finished it!!

I ran to Barnes and Noble last night at bought Eclipse. I got home around 5:30pm and emmediatly started reading. I didn't finish until 1:37am.

W. O. W.

If anyone else has read it, do you think it's better than Twilight? I'm going back and forth if it is. Also, I don't know if this thread might turn into a spoiler...SO!

If by chance that this does become a spoiler thread and you have not read Eclipse yet, I advise you not to read the posts.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:46 am
I don't know - I really enjoyed Twilight, as a whole, but I loved that Eclipse gave us more backround information on Jasper and Rosalie, and the action scenes were awesome. On the other hand, I really didn't like how Bella or Jacob acted in Eclipse. I think I liked Twilight better, but I enjoyed reading Eclipse more, if only for those parts.

Then again, they're both fantastic. (:  

chyuu

soveryunpretty75

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:05 am
I'm actually between loving and really hating Eclipse. Some parts were brilliant, Bella's way of breaking her hand... terrific. I'm not against Jacob at all, I just prefur Edward. Everything Alice says is wonderful. I loved learning about the family past even more, and I liked learning a ton about werewolves. What brought me to hating it, was the JacobxBella. Like I said, I prefur Edward, and it felt like a huge betrayl to be on some levels. I felt like Bella where she would almost prefur Edward to yell at her for a day and a half, rather than being wonderful about it. Ugh. I'm mixed. I liked Twilight better. HUGE fan of fluff.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:46 am
My aunt bought it for me yesterday when it came out and sent it via UPS.I didn't know when it was going to get here, but I was so anxious.It got here today on the 8th and when my dad pulled it out I screamed and wanted to run and kiss the UPS man! I am now currently reading it and on....chapter 10, Scent.It is awesome *shiver in ecstacy*.I will post more later when I am done. mrgreen mrgreen heart blaugh 4laugh xd xd xd  

Baronista Von Bon Bon

Baronista Von Bon Bon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:49 am
I liked New Moon more.I feel like traitor saying that! xp I liked it beacuse the emotion was so RAW, I felt all her emotions: pain, sorrow, love for him.I don't like the conflict that's going on between Jake and Bells.I really like Jake and don't want to see them break up their friendship over something so trivial!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:55 am
I havent finished Eclipse yet, so my opinion may change, but...

I hate it.

Truly and completely.

It seems like a horrible fanfic to me, I cant believe it was written by the same person who wrote Twilight and New Moon.

Im really hoping it gets better...Im on page 484, and so far Im really disappointed.  

Alisox
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100

glowstick fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:49 pm
i love it and now i think im going to die waiting for book 4. crying xp  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:15 pm
glowstick fairy
i love it and now i think im going to die waiting for book 4. crying xp

I know the feeling. Eclipse was just incredible and now we have to wait another year for Breaking Dawn!!!
Don't hate me for saying this, but I want Breaking Dawn to be the last book and have at least a semi-happy ending. I only want it to end cause waiting is pure torture!!!!  

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

in love with a vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:47 pm
Spoilers

I found it amazing but I'm not sure if I like it more than Twilight or New Moon. There were parts I didn't like, but then there were parts i adored. I loved the humor, I love the way Bella broke her hands, I'm glad we finally found out about Jasper's and Rosalie's past, and the action sequences, worrying though they may be were great, and the pack and the coven seem to be on much better terms now, I wonder if the treaty will be altered now with all of the crossing of the orders and Bella's going to be turned into a vampire, and they all know it...
I think Twilight was good for their beginning, they fell in love and there was a great chase and thrilling part. New Moon was great because of the raw emotion, I agree. I could feel Bella's pain and her attempts at going on with life and then saving her love.
I think they're too different to really compare and I love all of them, but I think Eclipse might just be tipping the scales because Bella punched Jacob. xd twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:37 pm
Spoilers:

I have to go with Eclipse as my favorite so far...but it's closely tied to Twilight. I very much enjoyed how Rosalie's and Jasper's background was explained more...and with Bella's decision to marry Edward in the end.  

Colloquial Serendipity

Sweet Explorer

Princess Alexis - 999

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:48 pm
I can't decide...I love them all.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:54 am
wow mad good!!!!! can't wait for next book, wonder wne it comes out, i gotta found out, yay wedding/vampire making!!!!!  

VampireMoon762

Accidental Affinity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:54 pm
I can't wait for the 4th book. No seriously, I CAN'T. I'll go crazy. I'll DIE. gonk

I can't decide whether it's better than Twilight, but it's pretty damn close. I loved nearly everything about this book. I was a puddle of Edward-loving goo for the majority of it, and I don't think I breathed very much during the action parts. It was interesting learning the back stories of both the vampires and the werewolf legends.

What I didn't like; Jacob. I thought he was a pain in the a** for the most part. I was as pissed as Bella when he kissed her (but Bella's punching was awesome!) and even more enraged when he told her he'd kill himself if she didn't kiss him. IMO, that's the lowest thing you can do to someone you love. I might have felt more sorry for him if he wasn't such an a**. I did like the "Fire and Ice" chapter though 3nodding

And I'm NOT pleased that we have to wait for the next book to see Bella turn in to a vampire (if she doesn't change by then, I really will go crazy). xp  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:47 pm
I'm like incredibly depressed right now, because I feel like I read it too quickly. I couldn't help myself. It was like I'd been starving since I finished New Moon, and I just went *gulp*, and now there is no more Eclipse. I hate that feeling, yearning to read it all but not wanting it to be over. crying  

lilmissmuffet49

Syrette

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:54 am
"Thought I'd begin by reading
a poem by Shakespeare, but then I thought...."

Eclipse is my favorite book so far. Hands down.

Twilight was a good beginning, even if it didn't fit my tastes fully. New Moon was annoying when Bella decided to be overly depressed and didn't even put much effort into getting better until Jacob came along. In New Moon, I felt that Bella was acting too much of a baby and just didn't want to get on her own two feet unless there was somebody with her. But New Moon did introduce the werewolves, and that made it automatically better, so I love/hate New Moon.

Eclipse became my favorite because I felt that the writing had grown a little and Bella was running out of time for playing around; she had to make her choice. I think that Eclipse was the realest book in this fantasy series. xD It showed that all three of them (Bella, Jacob, Edward) are teenagers deep, deep down and that they each had their own love issues. Each one of them were hurting each other and each were at fault, none of them didn't hit below the belt. Also, I loved how a lot was explained in Eclipse like Jasper and Rosalie's human pasts as well as learning more about the werewolves that I love so much. <3 Eclipse was more fufilling to me. There was action, humor, heartache, and a bit of resolve. Eclipse was the whole package and now we wait for the finale. D;

...Why should I?
He never reads any of mine." -Spike Milligan

Eclipse

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas