Reply Eclipse
I Despise Jacob in Eclipse (Spoilers) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gazyi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:50 pm
He's so awful. I think he deserved that punch to the face after he forced that kiss on Bella. He's the most annoying, pathetic character besides Charlie in the series (Yes, I also don't like Charlie, but that different).

How do you feel about Jacob in Eclipse?

The epilogue was stupid - just Jacob's point of view. Your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:12 pm
Gazyi
He's so awful. I think he deserved that punch to the face after he forced that kiss on Bella. He's the most annoying, pathetic character besides Charlie in the series (Yes, I also don't like Charlie, but that different).

How do you feel about Jacob in Eclipse?

The epilogue was stupid - just Jacob's point of view. Your thoughts?

I agree with you, but i think he deserved more then just getting punched!  

basca

Waltz With Wrath

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:18 pm
Now, now. << Let's not insult Mrs. Meyer's work.

I like Jacob. It's nice to see imperfect characters in the Twilight series. :3 We have him to thank for Bella's sanity. She would probably be in an asylum if he hadn't been around. In my view, he deserves Bella more than Edward does. (However, I prefer Bella and Edward together. x33)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:20 pm
I was pissed at Jacob for a long time, but for some reason the end made me cry... o.o;;  

Princess Alexis - 999

Colloquial Serendipity

Sweet Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:33 pm
I have to say that Jacob and Charlie are tied for the character I don't like the most. Jacob just doesn't give up despite Bella's feelings and Charlie always has to side with Jacob as well. It bothered me that Jacob forced Bella to kiss him too...multiple times actually. I was kind of stunned at how Bella ended up forgiving him so easily, but that's just my opinion. Oh well...hopefully the next and last book will mostly revolve about Bella/Edwards marriage and stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:37 pm
No, no, no, no. Please don't hate Jacob. Please.

Jacob is one of the most misunderstood characters I've ever seen. He's ranking up there with Severus Snape. XD

But, really.

Jacob will always be compared to Edward. Jacob has done a lot of stupid things. Edward has only done, what, one?
Why?
Jacob is human.
Well, more human than Edward.
Jacob makes mistakes because he hasn't had a hundered years to perfect himself.
Jacob is in love with Bella (for now.) Jacob 'fixed' Bella, basically. Jacob, like Waltz With Wrath said, really deserves Bella more. LYKE WOAHZ.
But, I still like BellaxEdward more, of course.
Now, anyway.
Jacob is madly in love with Bella. When Edward left, he spent time with her. He knew her. He became her bestest friend ever.
And then he thought that maybe they could be something more than friends.
And he thought maybe they could grow old together.
And he loved her so much. So so much.
And then Alice came back, and Bella left him like he ment nothing to her.
I don't think that's fair, do you?
So, moving onto Eclipse.
Bells and Jake started off rocky, but in due time, became friends.
And, of course, Jacob saw this window of opertunity again.
And blah blah blah, Jacob and Bella kissed once and Bella punched him and Edward was all 'Blah blah blah I'll break ur jaw if u lyke ever kiss her lyke evar again unless she lyke, idk, wants you 2, lolz.'
And then Bella wants to kiss him.
And this mislead Jacob.
So, Jacob thought Bella was in love with him and he thought maybe she'd pick him and then she (surprise surprise) didn't. Again.
Poor Jacob.
Poor, poor Jacob.

So, I don't really know how to wrap this up, but,
Jacob is a character to pity.
He's just a teenage boy, really. All teenage boys are jerks at times. Don't get mad at Jacob because he's human.

Reels

Alisox
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:03 pm
Well, I wasnt a big fan of his before hand, so his obnoxious bits really didnt help.

The epilogue was just a little over angsty, in my opinion. I feel sorry for him and all, but I think he should get over it just a little bit instead of running away from it all...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:26 pm
I don't like Jacob very, personally. I wasn't fond of him before, either. I understand his reasoning, and I try to ignore my rabid "Bella-Edward-have-to-be-together-no-matter-what" instinct, but it's not being very nice. I mean, at times I liked him and at times I didn't in Eclipse. I really did not like the whole, 'without Edward we would be soulmates' thing. I doubt it, personally. I also really did not like his whole, "I'mma Badass Were-wolf and I know you love me." Additude. Okay, so it wasn't that bad, but nonetheless, you see my point? In some ways I relate to Bella and in some ways no. I would have been very sick of Jacob by the end of the book.
I do agree that he prevented Bella from going insane and I am in debt to him for that, so to speak. But I still think he was being more than a little obnoxious in Eclipse.

dalia salvd

Distrustful Investigator

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Bookworm 100

Sana-Chan302

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:37 pm
she should have found a bat or a crow bar to beat the living crap out of him! he was sweet at times but way to forceful when he was around Edward and Bella. Like in the tent, i wanted to kill him  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:23 am
OMG he gets punched!? okay i bought it the day it came out.... but i'm scared to read it.... because then... i'll have to wait for another book crying  

manger.feuille.dinosaur.

katgems

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:32 am
Sana-Chan302
she should have found a bat or a crow bar to beat the living crap out of him! he was sweet at times but way to forceful when he was around Edward and Bella. Like in the tent, i wanted to kill him

you know what just occured to me?
BAT and CROWbar.
both named after flying things O.o
sorry, it's been a long night.
and i woke up five minutes ago.
i feel really stupid, too, because i don't REMEMBER anything i read about eclipse last night....
this will be my third time reading ch24 because i was never awake enough to absorb the words before.
anyway.
jacob really sorta scared me in this book.
i told a freind who doesn't have the book yet that he broke her hand twisted she was like, OMG, but somehow seemed to believe me.
he did worse things later.
it was kind of funny in the tent, with th guys talking about jacob's "well thought out plan"
but the kissing was unfair-- especially the "first kiss" part. that was just cruel to her.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:42 am
Hah. I liked the Epilogue, if only because it showed Jacob running away with his tail between his legs. XD  

chyuu

[The_Amazing_Chocolatier]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:02 am

I don't like Jacob at all now.
    DD:
    In New Moon it was like "Yeah, he's annoying... But he's not THAT bad"
    But now it's worse.
    Grr.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:21 am
no offense to anyone, but i simply hate jacob. I always have.  

The Indecisive

niecerpiecer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:13 am
Reels
No, no, no, no. Please don't hate Jacob. Please.

Jacob is one of the most misunderstood characters I've ever seen. He's ranking up there with Severus Snape. XD

But, really.

Jacob will always be compared to Edward. Jacob has done a lot of stupid things. Edward has only done, what, one?
Why?
Jacob is human.
Well, more human than Edward.
Jacob makes mistakes because he hasn't had a hundered years to perfect himself.
Jacob is in love with Bella (for now.) Jacob 'fixed' Bella, basically. Jacob, like Waltz With Wrath said, really deserves Bella more. LYKE WOAHZ.
But, I still like BellaxEdward more, of course.
Now, anyway.
Jacob is madly in love with Bella. When Edward left, he spent time with her. He knew her. He became her bestest friend ever.
And then he thought that maybe they could be something more than friends.
And he thought maybe they could grow old together.
And he loved her so much. So so much.
And then Alice came back, and Bella left him like he ment nothing to her.
I don't think that's fair, do you?
So, moving onto Eclipse.
Bells and Jake started off rocky, but in due time, became friends.
And, of course, Jacob saw this window of opertunity again.
And blah blah blah, Jacob and Bella kissed once and Bella punched him and Edward was all 'Blah blah blah I'll break ur jaw if u lyke ever kiss her lyke evar again unless she lyke, idk, wants you 2, lolz.'
And then Bella wants to kiss him.
And this mislead Jacob.
So, Jacob thought Bella was in love with him and he thought maybe she'd pick him and then she (surprise surprise) didn't. Again.
Poor Jacob.
Poor, poor Jacob.

So, I don't really know how to wrap this up, but,
Jacob is a character to pity.
He's just a teenage boy, really. All teenage boys are jerks at times. Don't get mad at Jacob because he's human.

I agree cut the boy some slack all teenage boys r like that u cant blame someone for just being human its not Jacobs fault u guys arent being fair to him most ppl just hate him b/c he is tryn to get in Bellas and Edwards way u guys dont pay attention 2 his personality which is being warm not his body lol sweet and human he is more human than Edward. He is more fun  
Eclipse

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff