Reply Eclipse
So clarify..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Star Cross

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:40 pm
Like most of you I just finished Eclipse, the end confused me a little bit with Jacob..where it said something about leaving Jacob Black behind. So I know he was reacting to the wedding invintation and running through the forest. Is that it? {Also I cried a whole bunch when I read that Jacob and Bella admitted their "love" for each other.}  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:48 am
"Thought I'd begin by reading
a poem by Shakespeare, but then I thought...."

The Epilogue made me feel as though my heart was being squeezed so hard. ::cries::
But the whole leaving Jacob Black behind thing, it was, imo, Jacob trying to shed away the pain and leave it behind. He felt torn at Bella marrying Edward when he still was in love with Bella.
Running gave him an escape and at the end of the Epilogue he was trying to just run away from everything that was tied to "Jacob Black, the one who got crushed by Bella".
But that's just my two cents. D;

...Why should I?
He never reads any of mine." -Spike Milligan

Syrette

miss. jenn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:14 am
Taru-chan --Again--

The Epilogue made me feel as though my heart was being squeezed so hard. ::cries::
But the whole leaving Jacob Black behind thing, it was, imo, Jacob trying to shed away the pain and leave it behind. He felt torn at Bella marrying Edward when he still was in love with Bella.
Running gave him an escape and at the end of the Epilogue he was trying to just run away from everything that was tied to "Jacob Black, the one who got crushed by Bella".

...Why should I?
sad I couldn't have said it better.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:27 am
Taru-chan --Again--

...Why should I?

Exactly. You say things a lot better than I do, xD  

xoSereox

Philomath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:53 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, when he said that "He's not the only one to choose this form over the other" I think he's going to stay a wolf for quite a long forever... =/ That's what I'm hoping, at least. xD It seems to make sense...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:38 pm
Taru-chan --Again--

Ditto to that. I couldn't have said it better my self. He'll be back. i'm sure of it. I hope that he finds what he's looking for. If Steph doesn't have him Imprint on someone by the end of this series i'm just gonna rip my hair out! stressed  

Genius __ Insanity

Aris`

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:48 pm
I'm not sure. I've been wondering about him leaving himself behind part.
Maybe he decided he was going to accept the fact that he, or anyone, could change Bella's mind about Edward. And that he would move on to the person that he'd one day imprint on.

I've been wondering if Jacob had already imprinted on Bella, but he didn't know it. That would be pretty cool imo. cool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:24 pm

Well, it also said that he wanted to stay in his wolf form forever, not wanting to face the pain of Bella's rejection. So, technically, he's running away and not coming back.

Personally, I'm all for it. He was a total pain in the a** for Eclipse.

Shigures Editor

Star Cross

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:23 am
Ok so this is my guess, I guess its semi-spoiler material so Ill white text it and you can see what you think of it...

In the next book Im thinking -even though Jacob truly hates Vampires- he will imprint on Bella after she is a vampire. Nobody would have expected it and Bella will be kinda a different person after the change.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:41 am
poor jacob . . . crying  

shadowgrl7

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:38 pm
But you can't force an imprint, it just happens. That's why... who was it... Quil fell for the two year old Claire. You can't choose who it is, its almost like a weird prearranged marriage that just happens. So yeah. (Spoliers highlighted in white)  
Eclipse

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games