Reply Eclipse
Jacob and bella? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crystal_256

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:37 pm
In the book, Meyer talked alot about how werewolfs found there person that they loved and they would know at first site. jacob said he hasnt found his. The werewolfs watch out for there loved one and make sure there safe. Near the end jacob was always, "ill always be there waiting in the shadows" Do you think bella was that person for jake and he lied about it? Or is it just love?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:22 pm
interesting im not sure but i am kinda pro jacob bella dont blame me he really does love her as much as edward  

XXXHugThePsychoXXX

s k ii z u m

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:37 am
Honestly, I dont think so. Maybe its just me. I dunno. I started to DISPISE jacob in this book!!! He came on WAYY to strong and it seemed like he was just being a reckless teenager that had a HUGE crush on a woman. Later on, when they...um...'confess' to each other, it still seemed like they only had a 'friend x friend' relationship, dispite that um...kissing stufferz....  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:03 pm
"Thought I'd begin by reading
a poem by Shakespeare, but then I thought...."

No, I imagine that when imprinting, both feel that pull to each other. What's the word, mutual? Is that the right word? xD
But seriously, Bella does love Jacob and he does love her back, but Jacob is the one blowing it out of proportions. He took advantage of Bella's confusion and was overconfident in his own love for her. Jacob was delusional in Eclipse. D; Bella was (most likely) Jacob's first love and he thought she was the one. I think the phrase, "Your first love isn't your true love" applies to him and he really needs to realize it. Jacob isn't for Bella, Edward is. I thought that was pretty much established in Twilight, on the back, before you even started reading the whole story. xD Jacob's love doesn't compare to Edward's.
Jacob, sweetie, you need to imprint! ::cries::

...Why should I?
He never reads any of mine." -Spike Milligan

Syrette

Adrianna_anna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:16 pm
Do you remeber in the 2 book he ask her to remember the stories he told her in the 1 book. In the 2 book he siad he was not alowed to tell her .  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:28 pm
Adrianna_anna
Do you remeber in the 2 book he ask her to remember the stories he told her in the 1 book. In the 2 book he siad he was not alowed to tell her .

"Thought I'd begin by reading
a poem by Shakespeare, but then I thought...."

It was Jacob's loophole. In Twilight, Jacob was still a kid and didn't take the stories seriously, he only blew them off carelessly because they sounded like fairytales. In New Moon he transformed and he then knew that the stories were true. Once he became a werewolf, Jacob was under orders not to tell anyone what they were, but since he wanted to tell Bella why he couldn't be around her, he remembered that he had already told her previously, in Twilight. Then, viola! Loophole for Jacob.

...Why should I?
He never reads any of mine." -Spike Milligan

Syrette

CoolPickle33

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:48 pm
It's just love. If it was an imprinting thing, I would kill Stephenie Meyer. And I don't really think so because Bella would imprint on him too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:55 pm
User Image
Maybe, and maybe not.But I think he'll find his true love.
Though...Jacob really pissed meh off. At one point I couldn't read New Moon after Eclipse Cause there was way too much jacob in there.

Damn you Muffins!!

DarknessXFool

Aurora Tate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:42 am
Honestly, I agree with the idea that Jake imprinted on Bella and just wont say anything. He's obviously matured, and I think he's seeing that telling Bella he imprinted on her would only cause Bella more pain. Even before everything in the mountains. Plus, I agree with the fact that he can't tell her because of the whole pack thing. Maybe Sam even ordered Jacob not to tell Bella because of her whole loving Edward thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:11 am
mmmm read this it could mean something
"Quil imprinted. That's three now. The rest of us are starting to get worried. Maybe it's more common than the stories say...." He frowned, and then turned to stare at me. He gazed into my eyes without speaking, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.
"What are you staring at?" I asked, feeling self-conscious.
He sighed."Nothing." mmmmmmmmmm maybe there is a story when a werewolf imprints on a girl but she is in love with the cold ones maybe idk I thought this meant something to me  

niecerpiecer

Gunslinger4ever

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:22 am
There are some things in Eclipse that suggest that Bella is Jacob's love, like when he said that Werewolves are always there for their loves either as a friend when they need one, or a brother. However, I don't think that Bella is Jake's love because the Blacks were friends of the Swann family for forever, and Jake never showed a love for Bella until they spent time together in New Moon, so I'd say that's a big no on Werewolf love.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:49 am
Chemical C R A C K E Rz
Honestly, I dont think so. Maybe its just me. I dunno. I started to DISPISE jacob in this book!!! He came on WAYY to strong and it seemed like he was just being a reckless teenager that had a HUGE crush on a woman. Later on, when they...um...'confess' to each other, it still seemed like they only had a 'friend x friend' relationship, dispite that um...kissing stufferz....

Can you blame him, though? Honestly, Bella showed interest in him and led him on for a while knowing he liked her. Any idiot could see that. He is always there for her when Edward isn't, or when he ******** up. Those six months he spent with her can't be forgotten easily and they would be. Plus, Jacob is only human. He can't be 'perfect' like Edward is. I don't think thats very fair. IMO, he is the better choice for Bella... He isn't some kind of overprovtective boyfriend who keeps Bella completely under his control, or, he tries to rather.
Also, it's very possible he has.. Im[printing isn't mutual at first, if you remeber Sam's story... Emily didn't want him at first, but eventually she caved after he hurt her and saw how much it hurt him.  

TwoDollarWhore

Till_ (the) _End

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:08 pm
Since I heard the imprinting, I sorta thought that Jake had imprinted to Bella, but just wouldn't tell her. I think that they would be better together. Although I am a HUGE Edward fan, I don't think he is right for Bella. Jake, know he was quite the jerk, would be a better match. He would be able to give her things that Edward won't. Plus, he isn't perfect and is Human, so it would seem more realistic.

I almost cried because of all the pain he went through.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:16 pm
Gunslinger4ever
There are some things in Eclipse that suggest that Bella is Jacob's love, like when he said that Werewolves are always there for their loves either as a friend when they need one, or a brother. However, I don't think that Bella is Jake's love because the Blacks were friends of the Swann family for forever, and Jake never showed a love for Bella until they spent time together in New Moon, so I'd say that's a big no on Werewolf love.

I don't think he could imprint until he became a werewolf.  

Laurelindoren

5,900 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Market Browser 100

Magical Fangirl Girl

Generous Gawker

7,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:34 pm
Someone posted this quote and I'd like to give my interpretation of it.

Quote:
"Quil imprinted. That's three now. The rest of us are starting to get worried. Maybe it's more common than the stories say...." He frowned, and then turned to stare at me. He gazed into my eyes without speaking, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.
"What are you staring at?" I asked, feeling self-conscious.
He sighed."Nothing."

I believe that at this point Jake is hoping that he has imprinted on Bella; however, I think his confusion stems from the fact that his feelings for Bella aren't the same as Sam's for Emily or Jared's for Kim or even Quil's for Claire. His love for Bella is different; therefore, not imprinting.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jacob loves Bella and would do anything for her. But that quotes tells me that he was looking for something that wasn't there.  
Eclipse

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff